Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Deal F'd up my wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 01:47 PM
grebmohr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deal F'd up my wheels!

I was having the feather symptom rotation done today and this is the result of the dealers handy work.
the right wheel looks the same and both wheels have edge scratching all around them.

I will withhold the dealers name until I find out what they are gonna do here.

Ya know, they took it to a firestone dealer cause they had the equipment to do LOPRO. Yeah right!
Attached Thumbnails Deal F'd up my wheels!-lefttire1.jpg  
Old 03-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Rob Nance

Man, that's terrible. They should only allow car enthusiasts to work at car places. True car people would appreciate how you need to be careful with another person's car. Let us know what happens.

Not to hijack the thread, but how do others out there avoid this? Are there some shops that can be trusted better witih changing tires? Do you tell them to be careful?
Old 03-19-2003, 04:23 PM
cobf32

Angry

I had the same thing happen to me and the scratches were even deeper than yours (at least from the pic.) I was SOOOO pissed. I went back to the dealer and they had a body shop fix them. I could not even tell they were damaged. I ended up getting new front tires also, so I'm happy for now.

Most dealers don't have the right equipment to dis-mount / re-mount the low profile tires on the Z, so they have to sub it out. I will make sure that this is done at a place that sells and installs high performance wheels and tires. I hope they would have the equipment / experiance to do it right!

Silverstone Performance
Phoenix Az
Old 05-01-2003, 11:20 AM
grebmohr

Childre Nissan in Milledgeville GA. Has done nothing about this issue. Not only that but they never called me back for an alignment as they said they would, they never called to say my seat belt retractor was in and come to think about it, they never called my 8 months ago to show me the first Z they got in-- the one I had special ordered last february (another issue, all together- another issue.)

I lied they said the tire shop was getting me my new wheels but they need the car for 3-4 days to put them on the car- I smelled a repaint scam and told them to shove it till they had my new wheels-- nothing from them yet. I'll get em back. I am going to send everyone over there to pull the sales peoples chains.

:-(