Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

f*ckin robbed, car on blocks, need rim help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 08:34 PM
kknouri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f*ckin robbed, car on blocks, need rim help

Go out to my f#cking parking garage in my apt complex and my brickyard red's on wood. Now I'm deciding between the konig verdict, tantrum, or blatants. I know I'll be flamed, but I'm broke and need to keep wheels + tires under $2000, so these are the best I've liked so far for themoney. I have a touring 5AT and even though they come with 17"s, will 18" with 8.5" or 9" all the way around cause any problems? Anyone know of good websites other than tire rack or discount tire direct? Thanks for all the info and if you see a f#ucking Buick Regal on z rims, shoot em and e-mail me the pics. If anyone can photochop or send me pics of the z on these konigs, please do.

Last edited by kknouri; 03-24-2003 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:50 PM
kknouri

Anyone know about Kahn RSC rims like these:

http://www.edgeracing.com/KAHNWHEELS.asp?GROUP=
Old 03-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Jspec350z

Lets see the picture of the Z up on blocks!! Dam thiefs they are everywhere. Look in the wheel and tire gallery there are a bunch in there. Good luck
Old 03-24-2003, 08:54 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just a tip... but OEM rims are MUCHO DINERO!!! why not claim it on insurance? it should far exceed your deductuble, and you could hopefully get a claim and get whatever rims you want for less then 2grand.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheel Locks...

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...ode=350Z-WHLOC

Last edited by Intrepid; 03-24-2003 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:24 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually thought that wheel locks had a cahcne to slow down or deter rims from getting nabbed. Then I showed up to the tire shop with a flat tire and my wheel lock was at my house 20 minutes away. "No problem" they said "do you care about your wheel lock". After I told them no I watched them take off my wheel locks just like regular lugs. They have a socket which they can hammer onto the wheel lock and then unssrew them like nothing.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:25 PM
kknouri

Hindsight is 20/20 on the wheel locks. Found a cool website that has every brand possible if anyone's interested:

http://www.highspeeddubbin.com/Links.htm
Old 03-24-2003, 09:29 PM
s9am_me

Originally posted by failsaf3
I actually thought that wheel locks had a cahcne to slow down or deter rims from getting nabbed. Then I showed up to the tire shop with a flat tire and my wheel lock was at my house 20 minutes away. "No problem" they said "do you care about your wheel lock". After I told them no I watched them take off my wheel locks just like regular lugs. They have a socket which they can hammer onto the wheel lock and then unssrew them like nothing.
really??? hmmmm.... whats the point of wheel locks then? unless you get a lock for every lug but that would be kinda expensive
Old 03-24-2003, 09:35 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well... your typical theif doesnt have one of those tools, and could just as easily walk to the next car with a decent set of rims and take them.

I also thought some really nice locks literally LOCKED, like they will not turn without the right key peice, not just for something to grab, but actually release it. maybe I dreamt that tho.... quite likely.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:51 PM
bastard

Default he's right

Originally posted by failsaf3
This is all true, I used to work at a tire store and could take off a full set of any wheel locks in under 5 minutes. As a matter of fact, you don't even need a special socket to do it; just hammer on a slightly undersized socket and they're off. Use a big Allen key (just put it in the lock and step on it) for the socket lugs. All the small diameter (replacements for the socket lugs) use the same "key". It's a joke. All a thief needs is a few sockets from 17-21mm and one of those small sledgehammers and he's got your wheels.

Note that the combination of a very sensitive car alarm and wheel locks may deter some would-be thieves.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:53 PM
s9am_me

hey ares... since when did you become a mod?? maybe i'm just trippen but i just noticed it.. took JmanZ's place?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:07 PM
all_bark

Originally posted by s9am_me
hey ares... since when did you become a mod?? maybe i'm just trippen but i just noticed it.. took JmanZ's place?
I probably would not have noticed if it was not for s9am_me!

congrats.

Oh yeah, find some used track rims with some $hit, I mean, stock tires on them. You will probably find some around $2k here on the site. (I did) + when you got more money you can always upgrade!

You will ALWAYS get your money back on the rays rims! GOOD INVESTMENT.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:22 PM
spf4000

Default Re: he's right

Originally posted by bastard
This is all true, I used to work at a tire store and could take off a full set of any wheel locks in under 5 minutes. As a matter of fact, you don't even need a special socket to do it; just hammer on a slightly undersized socket and they're off. Use a big Allen key (just put it in the lock and step on it) for the socket lugs. All the small diameter (replacements for the socket lugs) use the same "key". It's a joke. All a thief needs is a few sockets from 17-21mm and one of those small sledgehammers and he's got your wheels.

Note that the combination of a very sensitive car alarm and wheel locks may deter some would-be thieves.
I lost the key to my wheel locks and I was amazed by how fast the people at the shop got the thing off. But the good thing about wheel locks is that it discourages small-time hoodlems, because they wouldn't want to risk getting caught by causing a racket. And since I have two sets of wheel locks on my Z, that doubles the time it takes to get the wheel locks off. Hopefully, that'll deter most of the thieves.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:53 PM
krazE

what about those wheels locks with engrave marks in the center. around it, it's circular, no grooves or anything.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:38 AM
ColecatZ

four sets of locks.....one of each on each corner if the best deterant next to taking your wheels in the house everytime you come home.

and as far as the tool thing goes......they are out there, but normally someone will hear it being hammered in and that possibility alone deters its use.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:11 AM
hokie350

dont most parking garages have cameras now? wouldnt that be sweet if you caught them on tape
Old 03-25-2003, 08:55 AM
duc996

Check on E-Bay, they're probably selling them there.
Old 03-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Slexis200

yup i wouldnt be surprised if theyre on ebay...... maybe by us guys buyying stuff on ebay, were promoting theft?? Its very possible...... And highly likely.
Old 03-25-2003, 02:44 PM
shaneotool

Here's an option...

I got a quote from Spy Engineering for Axis Supermesh 19x8.5f and 19x9.5r both +35 offsets with tires, caps, and lugs for $2399 shipped.

It's a little more than $2000 but the offsets are good and they have a sweet deep lip.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:26 PM
2003z

Originally posted by shaneotool
Here's an option...

I got a quote from Spy Engineering for Axis Supermesh 19x8.5f and 19x9.5r both +35 offsets with tires, caps, and lugs for $2399 shipped.

It's a little more than $2000 but the offsets are good and they have a sweet deep lip.
you might want to talk to wadd3456 before you order them.

Quick Reply: f*ckin robbed, car on blocks, need rim help