Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Rota Rims Good Or Bad

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 PM
tattoo60012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Spread misinformation? Look up my post history and see if I have ever said ANYTHING about Rota wheels. Just cause I quoted someone doesn't mean I've spread the same information.
Not to interject here, but you quoted, and said you agreed with the person you were quoting who was saying something about Rota wheels. There for YOU DID SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE WHEELS. Are you a politician in your spare time?

I went even cheaper than Rota's, I got Drifz on my Z. Then again, I don't race, drift, boost, or do anything other than drive it to and from work, so what to I need a super high performance wheel for? That is of course assuming that Volks or any other brand is "better" or more durable than the next guy, and frankly even if they are.... good for them, if I need to spend 4 grand on wheels for my car, i'll either leave em stock, or i'll get a new car. End Rant
Old 03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Elohite

i myself got some rota p45rs the other week.

i am completely satisfied. the wheels are great and hold well at 100+ speeds. like most said, i bought it because they are good budget wheels.

overall i give them a

Old 03-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ProjectAlpha
lets see them. id love to see a picture of a bent rays wheels.

its obvious you work for Rota, being that their distribution center is right by where you live, its no secret. when rota can get a little creative instead of biting off rays wheels then maybe i wont have anything bad to say about it, but until rota can come up with their own creative designs and actually prove that you are ceritfied by ISO, JWL, VIA, you dont have my vote. i see you guys already copied the re30, haha. how pathetic. it looks like tHisZ_bFAST has you on check homie, hahahaa.

d00d, ive seen severly bent rays and not just from collision type accidents either. just hitting big *** pot holes. rays arent indestructable.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:40 PM
gsracer

Do they make Rotas for Mercedes or BMWs?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:50 PM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448568

This is a thread a WRX owner started after he reported his Rota Subzero was cracked. A cracked rim is not some extraordinary experience, but what is extraoridinary is Rota's level of customer service and committment as can be read in the thread.

It's inevitable that manufacturers will send out defective parts...in metallury, a bad temper cycle, poor heat treat, a sub-temp annealing cylce etc can all lead to bad parts. What sets a company apart is if they are willing to take care of their customers in the end.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
bacalhau16

Most of the wheels are directed more at the Japenese market vehicles. Im not too sure if they make styles designed for Mercedes or BMW, but thats not to say some owners of those vehicles wont/dont purchase them already.

This argument really isnt going to go anywhere. There are those that feel you get a better product by going to a premier company, and others who feel that a generic company does a pretty good job and it fits their budget.

Im just wondering if all those who complain about these knock-offs ever bought CVS brand medicine, or they always buy the big name brands as well.

Stop and Shop Cola, or Coca-Cola?
Doritos or Store brand Nacho Cheese chips?
Chakita banana's or other brands?

And the list goes on...
Old 03-13-2007, 08:00 PM
dan avoN7

gsracer - yes they do. Zoeb from subydude posted pics of his BMW awhile back on this board.

http://www.subydude.com/subyslidesho...335isabinawet/
Old 03-13-2007, 08:14 PM
bacalhau16

Damn, thats one sexy BMW!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:24 PM
BlackSpec02

There's nothing unsafe about rotas, especially compared to other cast wheels.

They are great for the money, who cares if they are knock-off styles...

I would buy em, they are priced right for quality made, light weight cast wheels...

they will never be AS strong as a forged or AS light, but great value...

All that said I have the authentic LMGT4's.

Also, for those that think supporting companies like rota will make companies like VOLK (rays) go out of business.... LOL, you've got to be kidding. The import tuning market and aftermarket for cars in general is GROWING... not shrinking, there is plenty of business out there. If you really think that then you shouldnt sell your wheels private party when you want new ones because then some buyer out there isnt spending the money to "support" volk or some other company. (this goes for all "knock-offs" wheels or not)

Last edited by BlackSpec02; 03-13-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:44 PM
John

Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
There's nothing unsafe about rotas, especially compared to other cast wheels.

They are great for the money, who cares if they are knock-off styles...

I would buy em, they are priced right for quality made, light weight cast wheels...

they will never be AS strong as a forged or AS light, but great value...

All that said I have the authentic LMGT4's.
Agreed. The amount of misinformation and paranoia of "sub-standard" brands in this thread is ludicrous. Rotas cost 40% the amount of their popular forged counterparts, and target that market appropriately. Wheels will not fly apart spontaneously at 120+ mph, and if they do, they give much forewarning (as a result of previous trauma). Many of you really need to get over yourselves and grow up.

Would I buy Rotas currently on the market? No, but that's because I need a forged wheel for its weight. If Rota made a wheel that was closer to the weight I needed, then I would already have several sets (even if they're weaker b/c I can replace a Rota at half the cost of a Volk).

J, who has seen bent, cracked, and shattered wheels of all sorts in the past of all different makes.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
hayai240sx

Originally Posted by 97supratt
I have done highway 140+ runs
Stupid people roll on Rotas ...
Old 03-13-2007, 09:38 PM
SpoilsofWar

lol, owned.

Volk worshipers, please go start another "volk owners only" thread somewhere and leave those of us still somewhat fiscally sane alone.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:42 PM
michaeljr6

i don't worship volks......i like volks because they're the hotness....just like the z. i don't worship the Z, i like it for it's hotness
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Elohite

Originally Posted by hayai240sx
ignorance
Old 03-14-2007, 01:22 PM
HiHo_Silver350

rotas look pretty sweet on hondas... on the Z... they don't really have enough variety for me to judge besides the p45 which is not that bad. alot of what some of these guys are saying is correct... why knock someone just cuz they can't afford volks and works? i'm guessing most of the haters own volks and can't stand the idea of someone buying a replica for much cheaper. I LOVE VOLK THO!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:51 PM
GolfinZ

Just got my rotas in...I love the way they look! I dont think it was a bad way to spend $1661 thumbup:

Last edited by GolfinZ; 03-14-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by keosh
Well im planing on buying the 18" Rota P45F you know the black rims with the red lip (volk racing time attack) and just wanted to know from people who have it, seen it or know people who have it if they are good rims as in paint wont chip the red lip isnt pink or fades after awhile or something g*y like that, you catching my drift. Well thanks for the help in advanced
Rotas are nice looking rims and for a good price. I have read, however, that they are made from recycled aluminum. Now this may be a rumor, so I'll leave it at that...
Old 03-14-2007, 04:54 PM
ATL_Red_G35

Originally Posted by John
Agreed. The amount of misinformation and paranoia of "sub-standard" brands in this thread is ludicrous. Rotas cost 40% the amount of their popular forged counterparts, and target that market appropriately. Wheels will not fly apart spontaneously at 120+ mph, and if they do, they give much forewarning (as a result of previous trauma). Many of you really need to get over yourselves and grow up.

Would I buy Rotas currently on the market? No, but that's because I need a forged wheel for its weight. If Rota made a wheel that was closer to the weight I needed, then I would already have several sets (even if they're weaker b/c I can replace a Rota at half the cost of a Volk).

J, who has seen bent, cracked, and shattered wheels of all sorts in the past of all different makes.
That's the most unbiased post I've every seen.

it's funny how a bunch of people bashed rotas about not being certified until someone post the pics of them being VIA, ISO, etc. certified, then they shut up.

I never owned a rota so I don't have any opinions about them.

But people jumping on band wagon and hating because couple rota wheels cracked, bented, etc. (due to stress such as hitting pot holes, etc.) is just funny. Other wheels crack to, but they never made a big deal out of it because "oh, the car must have hit the pot hole, curbs, etc, that's why"

Well, guess what, that's the same case for rota as well, but since they're knock-offs, they don't get the royal treatment.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:15 PM
jtabraham

Originally Posted by GolfinZ
Just got my rotas in...I love the way they look! I dont think it was a bad way to spend $1661 thumbup:

That is the best possible black finish IMO. Not too glossy, not too flat...just the perfect satin-ey finish
Old 03-14-2007, 05:37 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hayai240sx

Stupid people like you make idiotic comments.

Dumba$$

Quick Reply: Rota Rims Good Or Bad