Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

IForged GroupBuy #1 - Happy with the order process?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 09:04 PM
damen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel the exact same way. i got tracking numbers just waiting for them to arrive. i went and ordered my tires today, which will be here on wed. i'm trying to remain calm but i know when these wheels get mounted i'll have one of if not the hottest G35 coupe in the area.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:42 PM
mucky

I ordered my wheels on Feb 2. Still no wheels. I recieved an e-mail last week stating my wheels were in the "clearcoat process, the final stage." Nothing stated when my wheels will be shipped. I will be calling tomorrow(wed.) If no straight answer I am ready to put a deadline on a shipping date or recieve a refund. I think May 16th will be the deadline, that will be roughly 14 weeks.
I hope all you others recieve your wheels,
Matt
Old 04-30-2003, 02:18 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with you, mucky... last I talked to Vince (last Thursday, April 24th) he said that my wheels were due back from the polishers and would be shipped soon after they came back. Since then, I have heard nothing from him.

I have, too, set a deadline to have the wheels in my hands. If they are not here by that date, I will not be asking for a refund. Rather, I'll have my credit card company reverse the charge. I understand these are custom wheels and take more time to make, but it has now been 3 months. I only waited 4 1/2 months on the car.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:50 PM
DURSO

Thumbs down

Hey guys,
I had ordered mine on 1-27-03.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Vince will not commit to a finish date. He is very wishy washy. When I tried to pin him down to a completion date, he hung up on me!
That is why I got my money back, and returned the product.
Their customer service is sooooo bad. Quality is not that great either. Vince and iForged wasted over 2 months of my time.

P.S. Make sure to check your wheels once you recieve them. Their clearcoat process sucks. They outsource it, and the quality is terrible.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:50 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Someone asked how the HRE group buy went. Well, I have had my HRE 445's for a long time. They were built right on time, perfect quality, great customer service. I could not ask for a better experience.

I was thinking of going with Iforged wheels but opted to go HRE after reading the negative comments put on a VW website about them. I went safe bet with HRE knowing I was paying top dollar for a great set of wheels. The Iforged I have seen on some Z's here at my350Z.com look beautiful. I do not know how Iforged stack up to an HRE in person but they look nice in the pics. I am in love with my HRE's too. Hopefully you guys will get your wheels soon. Wow, I would be really frustrated after 14 weeks!

Good luck, Jeff
Old 04-30-2003, 08:28 PM
damen

well after getting an email from vince tonight, it seems that my wheels will be going out tomorrow. so that means that i should have them sometime next week. my guess is wed. or thur.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:33 PM
rodH

Originally posted by DURSO
Hey guys,
I had ordered mine on 1-27-03.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Vince will not commit to a finish date. He is very wishy washy. When I tried to pin him down to a completion date, he hung up on me!
That is why I got my money back, and returned the product.
Their customer service is sooooo bad. Quality is not that great either. Vince and iForged wasted over 2 months of my time.

P.S. Make sure to check your wheels once you recieve them. Their clearcoat process sucks. They outsource it, and the quality is terrible.
did yours have a problem with the clearcoat?? Mine seem fine, btw, from what I understand, they use the same people that HRE uses.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:59 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I saw a spray booth in HRE's factory when i was there. Are you sure they have the same clear coat people? they factories are about a 2 hour drive apart from each other.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:53 PM
jeffrey

I will be getting HRE's.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:21 PM
iForged

iForged uses the same finisher as HRE. This company does about 60 sets of HRE wheels a week as well as all of the iForged wheels.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:13 AM
vics350

It's good to hear from iForged again. Haven't seen you guys post in a while and I've been getting nervous. I've never seen iForged wheels in person but all the pictures I've seen of them look awesome.

I will post my opinion when my wheels come in. I just placed my order last week so it may take a little while but hopefully not too long.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:15 AM
srobert910

Hey Durso, How come in another thread you said that they refunded your money and you thought they went out of business? Then in this thread you said you got your money back and returned the product? I'm not trying to start anything, but your posts state two totally different things.
Old 05-01-2003, 05:22 AM
DURSO

Originally posted by rodH
did yours have a problem with the clearcoat?? Mine seem fine, btw, from what I understand, they use the same people that HRE uses.
rodh,
yes, mine did have a problem....the clearcoat was peeling off on the center of the 3 wheels I did get. About the size of a dime in 2 places.

And, no, HRE and iForged do not use the same clearcoater. Bob at HRE told me that they used the same place once only due to an overflow, and that the quality was not up to par, so they will not use them again in the future. He would be the best person to ask though.

Anyway, It still does not replace the fact that it is taking 14 weeks for people to get their wheels. Whats up with that. You can build a whole car in less time.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:13 AM
rodH

rodh,
yes, mine did have a problem....the clearcoat was peeling off on the center of the 3 wheels I did get. About the size of a dime in 2 places.

And, no, HRE and iForged do not use the same clearcoater. Bob at HRE told me that they used the same place once only due to an overflow, and that the quality was not up to par, so they will not use them again in the future. He would be the best person to ask though.

Anyway, It still does not replace the fact that it is taking 14 weeks for people to get their wheels. Whats up with that. You can build a whole car in less time.
looks like we are getting different info here. No biggy, my wheels are fine.

as far as the time, I agree, it is a LONG time, FWIW, I was also looking into Volk GT-C and Racing Harts and BOTH of them were going to take a few months to get in stock, so any wheel I looked at was going to take time. Mine took about 4-5 weeks.

btw, I LOVE your surfing moniker, so true!!
Old 05-01-2003, 11:19 AM
DURSO

I stand corrected.....Apparently iForged has RECENTLY switched its clearcoat painter to the same as HRE.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Brad4rdHay

I hate to add flame to the fire, but im getting a tad frustrated with iForged lately. I was lucky to get my wheels in 2 weeks, and Vince was very reachable. Then I had them sent in to have a bent lip fixed (realy bad pothole ), and have the offsets changed...so were talking big bucks here. I havnt hear a thing. I e-mailed them, called and got a few we'll get back to you-s. I really wanted to know cause I payed for insurance on the shipping and need to know if they made it there in one peice. Now, saying this, I could get my wheels tomorow and everything could be fine, but im just getting frustrated with the total lack of communication when we have more than a grands worth on the line...
Old 05-01-2003, 02:10 PM
mcduck

as far as the time, I agree, it is a LONG time, FWIW, I was also looking into Volk GT-C and Racing Harts and BOTH of them were going to take a few months to get in stock, so any wheel I looked at was going to take time. Mine took about 4-5 weeks.
Well, my other choice was SSR GT-1s, which I could have ordered through TireRack and had over a month ago.

The clock is ticking for iforged... tick tock... tick tock... By the time I return from my business trip, I should have a tracking number that I can check online to see my wheels are on the way. If not, iForged will lose my business and that of anyone I would have been referring to them from the Carolina Z club or the 350Z club I have put together in our area.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:35 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Wow, it sounds like the gamble I feared with Iforged is coming true. I opted to go HRE after visiting the HRE factory. I could not believe the quality of the wheels there and customer service. At HRE, they take care of offsets so they are perfect, all you do is tell them tire sizes and it is a done deal. With Iforged, it appears you get a great looking wheel if you can get it at all, plus the fear is getting it repaired in a timely manner too. I hope they do not go out of business and someone needs a repair. On the other hand, you guys paid a lot less for your wheels than i did. I guess that is the trade off, price vs no hassles.

Hmm, maybe I will make a poll and see how many of you would order iforged again if you had a 2nd choice.....just for future consumers...

Jeff
Old 05-01-2003, 05:08 PM
rodH

Originally posted by zland
Wow, it sounds like the gamble I feared with Iforged is coming true. I opted to go HRE after visiting the HRE factory. I could not believe the quality of the wheels there and customer service. At HRE, they take care of offsets so they are perfect, all you do is tell them tire sizes and it is a done deal. With Iforged, it appears you get a great looking wheel if you can get it at all, plus the fear is getting it repaired in a timely manner too. I hope they do not go out of business and someone needs a repair. On the other hand, you guys paid a lot less for your wheels than i did. I guess that is the trade off, price vs no hassles.

Hmm, maybe I will make a poll and see how many of you would order iforged again if you had a 2nd choice.....just for future consumers...

Jeff
if they did go out of business, and you bent a lip, I am sure any wheel repair shop could fix them, the hoops are pretty univeral between all the forged 3 piece companies, that being said, the fact that VInce has hired a couple new people to help out is a sign that they are going out of business but getting more busy, hopefully people that need communication can get thru easier too (in the future).
Old 05-02-2003, 12:37 AM
iForged

Brad, I believe Ryan Castro was taking care of your wheels. Yes we received them back, and have started working on them. Second Durso, I see tons of HRE wheels at our finisher as well. We have hired two new sales rep.

Steven Lin
stevel@iforged.com

Ryan Castro
rcastro@iforged.com

You can also reach me at vwong@iforged.com

Zland, You are still welcome to come on a factory tour of our plant if you still are interested.

Quick Reply: IForged GroupBuy #1 - Happy with the order process?