Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

IForged GroupBuy #1 - Happy with the order process?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 05:51 AM
zpilot55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

srobert910, I have to agree with you. In one POST DURSO states that he loves his wheels, even shows pictures of them

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=21916

Well I recieved 3 of my 4 iForged wheels from UPS last night. The wheels are beautiful. These wheels are really a piece of art. Beautiful.
Then DURSO in the next statement you slam them and tell everyone they are out of business. You post

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=25370

And you state 4 times in A ROW that they are out of business, NOT just once.

And now in this thread you post that the QUALITY SUCKS, and are backing HRE, which totally contrdicts your first post that the wheels were beautiful. Something sounds VERY FISHY!!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 07:58 AM
DURSO

ZPILOT55,

1st, I said MAYBE they went out of business....Get you facts straight. Didnt mean to post 4 times, but the thread was apparently closed without me knowing it. I sent an email to the moderator to have them delete 3 of the posts the same day.

2nd, At first glance, and after waiting 8 weeks for my wheels they did look beautifull. I was just stoked to finally have something in my hands after the crappy service, attitude, BEING HUNG UP ON BY VINCE, and having paid in full the day I ordered (against iForged own Terms and Conditions). I had made 2 payments on my credit card before I even took delivery of the product. Once I recieved the product, there was 2 center caps that were reverse imaged, so I know there was no QA done on them before they shipped. I was trying not to go public with any of these problems, but you have caled me out. I have the emails to and from Vince to prove all of this. These emails were going on behind the scenes, that is why you dont have all the facts. SO NOTHING IS FISHY HERE! You only see whats on this board, but I am sure that other members frustration (lack of return of Phone calls, Direct emails, 14 weeks for delivery!) is a tell all that iForged is working on a shoestring budget, and is understaffed to provide a decent product, or customer service. Why else would they need to charge in full upon the order date???? Probably to buy the supplies to get the orders started, or to make payroll???

3rd, Vince was not assisting in the least to help expedite my 4th wheel that was lost in shippment (not iForged fault). I just fell to the back of the list, and he could not/would not commit to finish date. Per Vince's own words, he told me that they were having problems with their painter, and he did not know what he was going to do about getting it resolved. He said that the painter screwed up 120 centers. He never did send me out the replacement caps for the reverse imaged ones either.

4th, After closer inspection of the 3 wheels I did get, you could visibly see that the clearcoat was peeling off. If you accept that as quality, then that is your mess. I didnt feel like waiting another 14 weeks to have them re-painted. I could build a whole car faster than that.

5th, After seeing HRE's, next to iForged, there is a definite quality issue. iForged is just not in the same arena as HRE, of course there is a price difference as well. That price difference buys you peace of mind in knowing that you will be treated like you are spending alot of money (by name), not like a #. HRE has never hung up on me, not even once. Also, it buys quality, and whether you are spending 3 or 5 grand, it is the end result that makes or breaks companies. iForged is going to have to step up if they intend on being a competior to HRE. Plain and simple. You get what you pay for!

If you find it beneficial to defend a company with a bad reputation for customer service, and quality, more power to you. It is a 'buyer beware' scenario. So if you are willing to gamble, and accept mediocrity in your final product, then iForged is the place for you. Check other forums (Audi,BMW,Mercedes) for how reputable iForged really is. You may be surprised to find out that these bazarre bussiness antics by iForged are not just going on with 350z'ers.

If you dig up any dirt on HRE's customer service/Quality....Let me know.
P.S. you will probably find most of the info. on HRE on forums such as Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, or any other highline car manufaturer.

Tony
Old 05-02-2003, 08:55 AM
iForged

Anthony, I have never hung up on you ever, I did get disconnected with your wife though once. I understand you were unhappy with your wheels because of the time frame and that LOST UPS wheel and I refunded you prompty. We are now using the same painter as HRE, and we have always been using the same material, so where does the quality issues come in? Also if you do a search on other boards, you will see that many people love their iForged wheels. I do agree with you that we were understaffed before, but hopefully with the addition of three new guys that will help the situation. I totally apologize if you feel that we neglected your situation, but I was trying my best to deal with UPS, you, and your lost package. If you have any more suggestions please email me at vwong@iforged.com. We are always looking into improving our business practice.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:22 AM
DURSO

Vince,
I wish no ill to iForged, and hope that iForged will continue to grow. Unfortunatly this was not a good marriage.
Like I said earlier, I wanted to keep this all private, but my hand was forced.
I am not going to get into a pissing contest over the details, we both know what they were. I do appreciate the timely response to my demand for a refund.
I wish iForged the best as you continue to grow your business. It is in all our best intrest for iForged to succeed. Competition is good for prices.
Good Luck,
Tony
Old 05-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Brad4rdHay

Vince, thanks for replying. I didn't want to say anything on the board, but like DURSO, my "hand was forced"

Sugestion, maybe get somce secrataries or something to manage the calls/emails. Basicalyy, it seems like everytime i call, everyones very busy, which I'm sure is true.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:10 PM
rktjhn

Default not happy

Called Vince about 10 times and get the same story since the end of Feb that they will ship next week. 2 weeks ago now this is April/May he calls and says he is going to ship, BUT that if I want them clearcoated that will take 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF, so I say ship em anyway as I am VERY tired of making phone calls and empty promises, THEN I see a call on my cell phone the next day, NO message, so I call it and it is Iforged, left 3 messages for Vince, finally get ahold of him later that night and he needs a CC number to ship, so now I am looking at next week, like I said WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nhappy and will NEVER go back! John
Old 05-02-2003, 02:15 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

DURSO

Let me get this straight, you ordered Iforged wheels, got so disappointed that you went back, got a refund and got HRE's? Hmm, you got to be the best guy to be able to truly compare both products! Did I miss something in the story?

Jeff
Old 05-02-2003, 10:28 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by zland
DURSO

Let me get this straight, you ordered Iforged wheels, got so disappointed that you went back, got a refund and got HRE's? Hmm, you got to be the best guy to be able to truly compare both products! Did I miss something in the story?

Jeff
Z, your not far away, come up to OC and take a look (bring your Z as well to compare) Forging is NOT rocket science, the aluminum is NOT copyrighted by HRE and either is the hoops. They even use the same clearcoater/painter. Maybe there have been some problems in the past and truthfully, maybe Vince grew faster than he was prepared to grow, and the customer service was sacrificed a bit.

The factory at iForged makes wheels for MANY other high end companies and are sourced out. They even had one of Marshall Faulks front wheels there from his Ferarri 360 Modena.

I am kind of tired of the HRE vs iForged fight, it is STUPID, it makes me feel like we are all rivals and are supposed to HATE each other, when in reality we are all Z fans and car fans that like nice wheels.

Like Durso said, maybe the marriage just wasnt meant to workout, I am glad that he got his $$ back in a timely fashion, if I haD A BUSSINESS and there was a misunderstanding between shop and customer, the VERY best thing to do sometimes is give the $$ back and go thier seperare ways. After many of the internet scams in the world, I think this proves that Vince is trying to at least run an honest business.

btw, my CC was NEVER even charged, it was only there as a deposit, if it needed to be used. I paid cash, and my CC was NEVER touched, sounds like a mistake was made with DURSO,and it was corrected.

Durso I understand that you had a bad expereince, but I am starting to wonder how far this is going to go, are there going to be attacks everyday on this site about this issue, after all, you got your HREs, be happy with them, they look great, move on and be proud of your car...DRIVE.

I am not sure why zland has such an issue with Vince, maybe I missed something, z has HREs too, Z, your car looks great, move on...Drive it, if you wanna see some iForged wheels, come up to OC and look at mine, maybe we could go to the factory, just so youknow they aren't built in the back of someones garage, I honestly think this HAS gone far enough.

Vince has said that he is trying to get better, and has hired more help, he has refunded $$ and everybody has moved on (or have they??)

lets stop argueing and start ENJOYING each others' cars!!!
Old 05-03-2003, 03:14 AM
vics350

Amen, rodH.

So far I have no issues with iForged. They received my order, charged my card the 50% amount, which I also had stated on my order, and even received a return call from Ryan. Can't wait to get mine.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:08 AM
DURSO

I agree, I am calling for a truce
Old 05-03-2003, 07:56 AM
mcduck

Well, I guess I owe Vince a little bit of an apology for starting this thread.

My intent was never to create an iForged bashing thread. I heard of threads on other sites and knew a few other people were having complications with their orders so was looking for an overall impression of the service.

It seems from the limited research I have done that more people have been happy with their wheels and service than dissatisfied.

Sometimes, I have not gotten return calls from iForged, but most often I reach someone who pages Vince and am able to talk to him directly (and my biggest complaint with that is still the poor phone connection quality at his end).

Seems iForged has some growing issues it is dealing with. I will be reserving my final judgment until I see what happens with my order. I can accept there was a misunderstanding on construction start dates between Vince and me. We are now approaching the 8-9 week date from when construction did start on my wheels which seems to be the typical turnaround time for most who have received them.

I expect to have some good news from Vince when I return home the end of this coming week. If not, then I will truly have to say that my iForged experience fell way low of what is advertised.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:22 AM
mcduck

Well, I hope this is good news...

I spoke with Vince by phone today and he said he expected my wheels back from being clearcoated the end of the week and that they should be completed and on the way to me by the end of next week (May 23rd)

How is this different than any other time I have received (over)optimistic estimates? Well, for one thing, Vince called me unsolicited. I left no message. I sent no email. Vince just decided to call and give me an update and I applaude him for that! I think if someone at iForged can do more of that type of customer relations, it would lower the anxiety level a lot when placing an order with them. Also, I was actually able to hear him at the other end of the line... must have new phones. Finally, I was offered a consession if I was willing to wait a few more days on the wheels... This was unexpected, but a very nice gesture on iForged's part.

So, my current expectation is that I will receive word of my wheels shipping in the next week or so, and that I will have them in my greedy little hands before the end of the month.

Still not making a final judgment on the process until the wheels are here. Could the process have been quicker? Sure, it could... but after I have my Seneka's, I may decide they're so purty that the extra wait can be forgiven.

I'll keep you all posted...
Old 05-12-2003, 12:28 PM
damen

well i'm expecting mine in the next day or so.