Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Wheel Discoloration

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:53 AM
xyberai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this has just been a ****ty week. The Mr. Clean didnt work and i still have the dark spots. On top of that (really hectic around here, long story) i did something i swore i would never do. I curbed one of the rims . So now i am throughly depressed with my rim situation. Im wondering if i can sell a kidney or something to come up with the money to just buy new ones! Im gonna use that scuff repair tutorial i found on the 350z wiki.

Im never buying a used car again! Im still trying to fix stuff that was messed up to begin with and more stuff keeps coming up . Course i cant blame the new scuff on anyone but myself but at least it matches the front rim with the curb rash also (there when i bought it).

If you guys have any more ideas for the black spots let me know, im willing to try anything. Also any tips on scuff repair is helpful at this point too. Anyone know what color the rims are and if i can buy it in a spray can?

Last edited by xyberai; 04-19-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Chako135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chako135
try that organic green stuff...they should sell it pretty much anywhere
try using this..if that doesnt work then your better off getting new ones
Old 04-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Lenski

My boss is a huge Evo guy, and he said he had stains like that once - he claims that it works miracles: http://www.carcareonline.com/detail....oduct_id=11001

Let me know if it does work - I'd like to know for future reference!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Gail

[My 350z only has 1,600 miles and the wheel are discolored. I took it to nissan and told them something is wrong with the wheels. I will find out tomorrow what they are going to do. It should still be part of the 3/36 warranty or I will give them hell. I ordered new wheels and am most likely going to sell the stock ones but they need to look nice. I will let you know what they do.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:32 PM
xyberai

I might try the other products mentioned but seeing as how my rim got curbed and how one other already is and the various scuffs and paint scratches nissan caused when changing my tires, im thinking of getting them refinished. I found a place that wants 75$ per wheel and they will take the rim back down to the medal, re spray it any color i want (thinkin just stock color) and clear coat it so it will look better than new. Is this a fair deal? This includes repairing the 2 rims, one with slight curb rash and the other with BAD curb rash.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Gail

Must have been a defect cause the dealership is replacing all my wheels. Did not have to fight with them at all. I am getting my new wheels put on this week so as I said before I am just going to sell these. They are 18 inch stock with only 1600 miles. Anyone have any idea how much I can get for them?