Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

+22 offset....Vendors and experts quick question!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Roll the fenders before putting tires on. If you really want to you can try to run the tires/wheels with no rolling. If you rub drive it easy till you roll the fenders...
Old 07-23-2007, 06:06 AM
nothingremains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
jeez...it's not a pain at all, you just have to be willing to spend, maybe, 15 minutes on the tire manufacturers websites to find the answers. It's alot easier than having everyone spoon feed you the same answers to questions you've asked or have been answered here 100 times

not being disrepectful so please don't take it at that, but with 2500 posts here, you really should know that these same questions have been asked many many times before

perhaps next time, rather than automatically going with the bargain basement price quote you might get from some vendors, you would be better served by going with a vendor who can answer these questions for you, correctly, BEFORE you order - that's part of a what a good vendor, should/would/could do, and part of what should come with the purchase of the wheels IMHO

typical anwser i would expect from a vendor on this site..I have been looking for anwsers for over a week now and didnt see you jumping at the bit to help me Not that its a big deal or anything, but quite often I have sent PM's and messages to vendors and never got a response. And since when does post count matter?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:24 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Typical answer how? The search function on this site works VERY well - I search for posts all the time and never have a problem finding exactly what I am looking for. It is boolean based, so it just takes searching for things in a very specific fashion to find the answers you are looking for.

Post count matters alot - it means you know the ropes here (or should). I'm not saying it automatically makes you an expert, but it certainly should mean you know who the std "players" are, and who to contact in the event of a similar type of question.

I can't nor won't answer for any other vendor on here, but I have replied to every single PM I have ever received (never got one from you, at least on this subject)- I guess you're just PM'ing the wrong vendors. All the ones I deal with personally on this site are more than willing to help customs, and fellow vendors, with questions at the drop of the hat. Again, a case where the "best deal" does not automatically mean the cheapest price....

You've essentially posted the same exact series of questions for a week or so now, regarding lowering, tire size, offset, camber, rubbing, etc etc - and have gotten very good, truthful answers from people, including myself, and others. Perhaps rather than starting a new thread every time a single question pops into your head, you would be better served writing your questions down, and sending a message to one of the responsible vendors you know post in these sections daily (Performance, A Spec, us, etc) and asking them? Or, reading the threads that have been posted, even in just the last 2-4 weeks, asking essentially these exact same questions. When you post multiple threads essentially asking the same question, don't be surprised if not everyone hops to to give you the answer every time...especially when the answers have already been provided hundreds of times before in multiple posts, and especially when you're not even seemingly reading the answers that people are giving you in all your other posts.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 07-23-2007 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Well put by Adam setting it straight!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:21 AM
nothingremains

Is there a standard amount to roll your fenders?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:58 AM
nothingremains

is it for sure I will have to roll them or a possibly?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Do you not read my replies? I said in my friends case it was needed for hard cornering, he has an 03' which is the lowest stock Z, as in 04' + the ride height went up. You may have to roll them, you may not. You roll the fenders until you have enough clearance, any body shop will know how much you dont need to worry about that.