Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

iforged rims?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
AntRock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question iforged rims?

i have always loved 5 spoke rims, and i was looking through the wheel gallery and fell in love with iforged aero. i have never heard of iforged before, are they good quality? i am thinking of getting them custom painted satin (ssr gt3 satin) with the polished lip. i was quoted $3900 for 18x8.5" front. 18x10" rear with 275/40/18" rear and 245/40/18" front bridgestone polepositions s-03 is that a fair price?
thanks in advanced.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:01 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iForged has run a couple of groupbuys and their prices have been awesome. The prices for the first groupbuy was better than the second but the prices were still very good which is why I jumped on it. The 19" Aeros in brushed aluminum (which carries an additional charge) came out to approx. $ 2200. The tires I am getting are Toyo T1-S are 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 and will run me approx. $ 1000 for the set (onlinetires.com). Add in shipping, mount, balance, and alignment and I am looking at approx. $3600.

You may want to contact iForged direct to see if they are willing to give you an opportunity at the groupbuy price.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:29 PM
rodH

Originally posted by vics350
iForged has run a couple of groupbuys and their prices have been awesome. The prices for the first groupbuy was better than the second but the prices were still very good which is why I jumped on it. The 19" Aeros in brushed aluminum (which carries an additional charge) came out to approx. $ 2200. The tires I am getting are Toyo T1-S are 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 and will run me approx. $ 1000 for the set (onlinetires.com). Add in shipping, mount, balance, and alignment and I am looking at approx. $3600.

You may want to contact iForged direct to see if they are willing to give you an opportunity at the groupbuy price.
Vic, you are getting that price on the Toyos??? WOW, that is what I get them for and I get parts at wholesale (although I do remember comparing my prices (wholesale) to discount tire and Tirerack and they were only within a few dollars of each other (I guess they don't make that much on tires at discount stores), pretty amazing price.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Del350

I got my toyos for 850$ in the same sizes.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:01 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Del350
I got my toyos for 850$ in the same sizes.
how??? are they coming down in price??
Old 05-10-2003, 08:41 PM
AntRock

i hope they look good on my car
sorry it is not a z
Attached Thumbnails iforged rims?-dsc00511.1.jpg  
Old 05-10-2003, 08:49 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=28956

I am not saying either way, I have no knowledge of this at all, and there are certainly plenty of happy people with iforged on this site. but you should atleast read the 6th post down.

but if thats what you like, go for it for sure.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:31 AM
vics350

Hey Del350, where did you get them for that price? I'd be willing to drive down to Delaware and pick them up personally for this price. If you bought on the internet, please let me know where. PM me if you don't want to post the info. here.

Thanks.

P.S. I did read about the iForged history but so far I haven't been screwed so I will stay optimistic. I placed my order at the end of April and clearly stated on my order what to bill me for now (which of course was the 50% of the total tab minus shipping). They did that.

I called and left a message for Ryan to confirm they received my order and he returned my call (he left a message on my answering machine). I called back and spoke to him personally and he told me that he was sure everything was OK with my order but that he would check it again to make sure everything is fine. I told him that I would leave it with him but that if there was a problem to call me right away, I told him I didn't need a call back if there were no questions.

Right now I have no complaints as I know it is still early. I will wait a month and if I haven't heard anything by then I will start inquiring. I'll let you know the outcome.
Vic
Old 05-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Del350

A friend of mines brother ownes numerous car audio and performance shops in my area. I asked him to do me a favor and order the tires a wholesale for me and he did. Sorry but the rest of the specifics I do not know. I will talk to him about possibly ordering another set but the owner is not to big on giving things away at cost (except for when he doen't know about it )
Old 05-11-2003, 10:44 AM
rodH

Originally posted by Del350
A friend of mines brother ownes numerous car audio and performance shops in my area. I asked him to do me a favor and order the tires a wholesale for me and he did. Sorry but the rest of the specifics I do not know. I will talk to him about possibly ordering another set but the owner is not to big on giving things away at cost (except for when he doen't know about it )
the amzing part of it is that that price is UNDER WHOLESALE, wholesale is closer to $1000, so you got a smokin deal!!!
Old 05-11-2003, 01:02 PM
vics350

The prices I quoted are from www.onlinetires.com. It actually comes out to $ 1018 for the set in the 19" size I want.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:59 PM
AntRock

another question how about the HRE 545r's, i like those rims as well, but do they really cost $900-1200 per rim? seems a bit high, considering i will never get the money back if i decide to sell the car in a few years. do any of you know of another 5 spoke three peace rim that is at a more reasonable price, i sorta like the SSR GT3's but i don't like how the spokes are split.
thanks.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:19 PM
rodH

Originally posted by AntRock
another question how about the HRE 545r's, i like those rims as well, but do they really cost $900-1200 per rim? seems a bit high, considering i will never get the money back if i decide to sell the car in a few years. do any of you know of another 5 spoke three peace rim that is at a more reasonable price, i sorta like the SSR GT3's but i don't like how the spokes are split.
thanks.

THESE are all more of "budget" wheels, so you can get an idea, I doubt they are true 2 or 3 piece, BUT have the look

only avail in 18" $250/wheel

19" $325/wheel

$340/wheel for 19"

there are more, you just have to look around. If you get a cheaper rim, it will often wiegh a bit more, and may need spacers for the offset you desire, BUT you can do it.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:44 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks.
HRE is questionably the best rim maker currently around, everyone likes their own brand and what not, but if you had to pin most down to who makes "THE BEST" rims, youd likely have HRE in the lead.

needless to say they are expensive. the quality is unmatched.

not commenting one way or the other if the price justifies the quality or vise versa. just saying in a round about way, why they cost so much.

if your like HRE's but havent recently won the lotto, Iforged is a great option, as they do have rims that are very similair to HRE. again to try and prevent arguements, not all of their rims are quasi-copies of HREs, but they have a rim very similair to most popular HREs, nicely forged, and nicely priced for what you get.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:04 PM
rodH

Originally posted by ares
HRE is questionably the best rim maker currently around, everyone likes their own brand and what not, but if you had to pin most down to who makes "THE BEST" rims, youd likely have HRE in the lead.

needless to say they are expensive. the quality is unmatched.

not commenting one way or the other if the price justifies the quality or vise versa. just saying in a round about way, why they cost so much.

if your like HRE's but havent recently won the lotto, Iforged is a great option, as they do have rims that are very similair to HRE. again to try and prevent arguements, not all of their rims are quasi-copies of HREs, but they have a rim very similair to most popular HREs, nicely forged, and nicely priced for what you get.
ares, that is THE MOST fair review on the subject that I have ever heard, thanx for that.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:47 AM
AntRock

rodh,

the aero's i saw on your car are what made me have an itch to get rims. how long did it take for you to get your rims from iforged and how did you get them without the rivets/bolts, are the rivete on the inside? did you need spacers?

thanks

PS
i was reading all the forums about 5 spoke rims and you were taking a lot of heat because of your rims. look at it this way your rims look bada$$ and they were $1000 plus cheaper than the HCR!

Last edited by AntRock; 05-12-2003 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:17 AM
rodH

rodh,

the aero's i saw on your car are what made me have an itch to get rims. how long did it take for you to get your rims from iforged and how did you get them without the rivets/bolts, are the rivete on the inside? did you need spacers?

thanks

PS
i was reading all the forums about 5 spoke rims and you were taking a lot of heat because of your rims. look at it this way your rims look bada$$ and they were $1000 plus cheaper than the HCR!
no rivots, they just weld the center portion.

no spacers needed, you just let them know the offsets you want.

It took me about 4-5 weeks (I can't remember exactly)

thanx for the compliment!!