Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Just bought some Work Emotions and...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:34 PM
SnoDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought some Work Emotions and...

Planning on getting these lug nuts before putting them on my car.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...tegory_Code=L1

My question is, will these lugnuts fit just fine for my 05 Z and my Emotions? The specs on my Work Emotions are : 18x9.5 rear, 18.8.5 front, +20 on all four.

On that page for the lug nuts, it says:
NOTE: LUG NUTS ARE MADE WITH TAPERED BOTTOMS SPECIFICALLY FOR AFTERMARKET WHEELS. DO NOT USE THESE TUNER LUGS FOR YOUR FACTORY WHEELS.

Will they be ok?

*EDIT*

Also, I had a 2nd question:

With these new Work Emotions, I am looking to get some hubcentric rings before putting the wheels on my car. I know our outer diameter for our hub is 66.1 mm, but does anyone know of the inner diameter for the Work Emotions?

Thanks,

-Sno

Last edited by SnoDog; 08-08-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How come you dont wanna use the classic Work blue lugs?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:50 PM
SnoDog

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
How come you dont wanna use the classic Work blue lugs?
They cost quite a bit, don't they? I was planning on saving some cash, that's all. I would like the Work lugs if money wasn't an issue.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nah they arent too bad, talk to the guys you got the wheels from they might even have them in stock.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:08 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Just don't over torque them.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 PM
SnoDog

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Cool, so I should just torque them to the regular factory specs, correct? 80 lbs.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:31 AM
DRELOC

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you buy the rims from Ed he should hook u up proper for work lug nuts....he did to me
Old 08-09-2007, 12:35 AM
black06z

I have the same exact lug nuts but in black and they're $20 more. Just get them and yah, be careful on the torquing.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:37 AM
THE TECH

Work lugs come in red, blue and black if you want a set. I have a blue set here I can let you have for a killer deal if you want.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:02 AM
SnoDog

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Work lugs come in red, blue and black if you want a set. I have a blue set here I can let you have for a killer deal if you want.
PM sent to you, TECH.

And if anybody knows the hubcentric ring size for the Emotions, or can find out, I would greatly appreciate the info. I asked Z1 Performance on here what the size was, and he said he knows, but won't tell me because I didn't buy the wheels from him... A real helpful guy.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:06 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by SnoDog
PM sent to you, TECH.

And if anybody knows the hubcentric ring size for the Emotions, or can find out, I would greatly appreciate the info. I asked Z1 Performance on here what the size was, and he said he knows, but won't tell me because I didn't buy the wheels from him... A real helpful guy.
I'm not aware of needing to buy any rings for those wheels or any other Work wheels. They should go on normal without anything else needed. I have had quite a few sets myself and have never had to buy any rings for them.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hubrings are never a "mandatory" thing - you can certainly fit the wheels without them. Hurings simply square the wheel to the hub, which minimizes the chances of any vibration happening. I've run mine with and without rings without a difference, but there are other factors involved, so I can't say its the same for everyone

Yes, there are rings offered for the Emotions - and no, I didn't "not" tell you because you didn't buy them from us.

The "nice" Work lugs (RS type) don't come in black, only red and blue

Volks come in red, blue and black
Old 08-09-2007, 06:06 PM
tougeracing

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
I can vouch for that. A friend of mine had some mutekis and torquing em too much is a no no, and the paint/coating on them chips easily. <handle with care>
Old 08-09-2007, 09:48 PM
jinsei888

muteki.......spend the money on the work lugs; u'll just kill the coolness points of actually buying REAL work wheels to begin with...might as well have gone and saved even more money and bought the Rota Torque's with the Muteki lugs...
Old 08-09-2007, 10:15 PM
tHisZ_bFAST

I wouldn't say Work Emotions are real. Made in China quality. O...they have been know to crack at the spokes too.

Yay! for cheap cast wheels!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:17 PM
SnoDog

Haha, I actually just purchased a set of brand new blue Work Lugs today from the TECH. He gave me an awesome deal, and so I took that up instead of going the cheaper Muteki route. Thanks Matt.

And also, I found the hub diameter size for the Work Emotions that I've been searching for so long, and it's actually just on the sticker inside the wheel. I remember looking there before, but I examined it more carefully this morning, and there it was: 73.30 mm.

I went to America's Tire today and bought the set of hub rings and they fit perfectly into my wheels/hub when installing them. Just as a note, most hubcentric rings are made in preset common sizes, and the closest to 73.30 most places carry is just 73.00. This is fine however, as they were a perfect fit when I installed mine. Hope this information helps someone in the future.

The wheels are on, and they are hot!! I'm finally not riding on stockies anymore and couldn't be happier. I'll take some nice pics later. See you guys around at the meets.

-Sno
Old 08-10-2007, 05:40 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by SnoDog
Haha, I actually just purchased a set of brand new blue Work Lugs today from the TECH. He gave me an awesome deal, and so I took that up instead of going the cheaper Muteki route. Thanks Matt.

And also, I found the hub diameter size for the Work Emotions that I've been searching for so long, and it's actually just on the sticker inside the wheel. I remember looking there before, but I examined it more carefully this morning, and there it was: 73.30 mm.

I went to America's Tire today and bought the set of hub rings and they fit perfectly into my wheels/hub when installing them. Just as a note, most hubcentric rings are made in preset common sizes, and the closest to 73.30 most places carry is just 73.00. This is fine however, as they were a perfect fit when I installed mine. Hope this information helps someone in the future.

The wheels are on, and they are hot!! I'm finally not riding on stockies anymore and couldn't be happier. I'll take some nice pics later. See you guys around at the meets.

-Sno
Glad to see that it all worked out. Can't wait for some pics.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:39 AM
jinsei888

Originally Posted by tHisZ_bFAST
I wouldn't say Work Emotions are real. Made in China quality. O...they have been know to crack at the spokes too.

Yay! for cheap cast wheels!
Well that part I agree with, the great majority of our "JDM" market is all outsource manufactured everywhere OTHER than japan and simply relabled; but we'll keep that discussion among people within' the marketting/vender loop, haha.

I was speaking more towards the fact that if you pay the premium for the name and finish of the Work brand line-up, it seems logically you might as well go with the entire Work original look and go with the the Work lugs, rather than some blatently eBay-mass-sold Muteki lug set. Simply IMO of course.