Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

How to buy wheels 101

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Moroccan_Mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to buy wheels 101

A great post today on the Original Made blog. It's targeted at buying wheels, but I think it applies to modding your car in general.

http://og-made.com/archives/1494

6) Upgrade, never downgrade: The purpose of aftermarket wheels is to replace what you have with something BETTER. What bugs is when I see Subaru STi owners who take their stock FORGED OEM QUALITY CONTROLLED BBS wheels and replace them with some cast circles of swiss cheese. Upgrade? Not in my universe.

7) Oh you bought quality? Big mistake: Yeah right, no one ever says that. Buy based on your criteria and don’t let a lack of budget keep you from doing so. If you want a sick custom 2 piece deep dish wheel but it’s gonna cost you $2k+, then figure out what needs to be done. Don’t just buy some knockoff wheels cause they were $400 and that’s what you had in your bank account. Good things come to those who wait, as well as those who save.

8) Keep it really real: Being honest and realistic with your situation is the most important thing you can do. If you don’t have money, then reevaluate if you should be modifying your car at all. Aftermarket parts are a luxury, and for that reason it ISN’T NECESSARY. If you are spending all your disposable income (and probably some of your rent money) on mods, then you really need to think it over. If you really WANT to do it, then consider getting a better job or slowing down the pace to give yourself time to pay off your choices.