Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Starting up a wheel company need some feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Red6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the few that agree with me.

A balence between street performance and looks that can be done with a two piece wheel!

Look at Rays they have done fine with the Z crowd with all their two piece designs. Rays two piece wheels weigh between 22-28lbs which beats out most cast OEM wheel weights + they look better! They are by no means are they heavy brick wheels.

My wheels will be on par or a little bit lighter most likely because the centers will be forged not cast like Rays.

To answer your question Subedudes offers cast wheels like rotas seriously they have thier market. I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE CAST WHEELS, FORGED ONE PIECE WHEELS, OR KNOCK OFFS!!!!!!

The Subaru crowd they are into prodive and most Mistu guys keep their wheels stock or go with a one peice forged wheel.

Their are many performance cars that are running stock 19" & 20" wheels aka Mercedes, BMW M5/M6, Ferarri, Crysler/Dodge, and Porsche (has 19" as an option)!

Alot of these owners want custom products. These owners want wider wheels, deeper lips, and custom finishes. They want to individulize their vehicle to replace their stock sizes or get something to fill in the wheel well more.

Most Z/G owners here run 19" especially in a two piece design (its their wheel of choice look around). Yes the car was originally in the mid to upper $26,800-$35,000 and yes most Z/G owers are older, know quaility want better styling, want to upsize, and will pay for it.

I know the car is getting dated and some second hand owners want a cheaper alternative. There are always people who will compromise quality with cast wheels and knock offs (that are made in China and Korea) to get a cheap deal thats why companies exist to cater to that.

Most people who end up running 18" wheels and under are either
A. running a stock cast wheel or an after market one they can afford
B. Running a forged wheel
C. Running a two piece wheel which is very rare (I havent seen one Z/G owner comment yet).

A two piece wheel is never going to weigh in at 18lbs or lower that you can obtain in a forged wheel. If your tracking and really concerned about performance buy a forged one piece wheel (you do not need to floss when your taking on people at the track).

Most guys will buy a cheap set or an expensive forged set of wheels for the track and put money into supension parts and engine work (been there done that).

I like to have a balence now and most owners are in the same boat! Most people want a larger but lighter wheel then their stock ones! people they drive thir cars daily and want better quality, lightness and to look good while doing it!

Last edited by Red6; 09-19-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck Red, hopefully there wont be Rota knock offs of your designs a few years from now