Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

iforged wheels, finally!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 04:07 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's a question of getting something very similar to HRE wheels for less than half the price. Some people, myself included, may be willing put up with certain amount of crap for what is perceived to be a good deal. It just depends on how much crap and what level of quality still represent that "good deal."

I found out a lot more about iForged after I ordered....and I may cancel unless I'm guaranteeed flawless wheels and the six week delivery time.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:09 AM
damen

Originally posted by ZZtopp
I think it's a question of getting something very similar to HRE wheels for less than half the price. Some people, myself included, may be willing put up with certain amount of crap for what is perceived to be a good deal. It just depends on how much crap and what level of quality still represent that "good deal."
you may have a point there, but i like the look of iForged wheel rather than HRE. they are similar but, there is alittle difference.

good luck with you guys orders. i'm convident that you guys will like your wheels when you get them.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:26 AM
350Zwannabe

Default iforged

No matter the price the product should be PERFECT. Anyone who got there wheels within 4-6 weeks and are flawless ARE LUCKY! For those that got there wheels with imperfections and took 3-6 months, well thats a bit normal. I myself got the wheels within a good time fram but not a perfect wheel, far from it. The Iforged wheel will sell and sell on PRICE ALONE. That is why people go with them. They look like $4,000+ wheels in the 3piece version but cost only $2,400+ so people take the chance. My wheels cause lots of stares and everyone loves them but they don't see the imperfections, I do. Like I said earlier, the happy people are lucky, PERIOD and they will always stick up for Vince. ALWAYS!
Old 05-27-2003, 12:42 PM
ZZtopp

After much deliberation, I have cancelled my order with IForged.

I simply did want to take the risk of poor customer service and possible quality issues. I found dozens of posts on other sites (Corvette, Audi, etc.) indicating the same kind of BS experienced by many here.

Now let's see if I can find a set of silver TE-37's.....
Old 05-27-2003, 12:52 PM
mannZ

I finally got a tracking number for my wheels.

Ordered in Jan for the first group buy.

Since I don't even have my car yet the wait is not so bad for me. What I didn't like was the continuous cycle of being told when I should get them...

ship this friday, ship next week, they'll be ready in a couple of weeks, etc and then not getting them and contacting them again.

I just wish I was told up front how long it would take. It would have made my experience much more pleasant. It might have made my decision to purchase a little harder and I may grip about it in the beginning but I probably would have still purchased them just because of the huge cost savings and how good they look on other cars.

I still haven't seen my wheels so I will add further review once I get them.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:51 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mannZ
I finally got a tracking number for my wheels.

Ordered in Jan for the first group buy.

Since I don't even have my car yet the wait is not so bad for me. What I didn't like was the continuous cycle of being told when I should get them...

ship this friday, ship next week, they'll be ready in a couple of weeks, etc and then not getting them and contacting them again.

I just wish I was told up front how long it would take. It would have made my experience much more pleasant. It might have made my decision to purchase a little harder and I may grip about it in the beginning but I probably would have still purchased them just because of the huge cost savings and how good they look on other cars.

I still haven't seen my wheels so I will add further review once I get them.
Yes, please post pictures and a review after you get them. I also am in no rush even though I have my car. I've looked at many rims and these are the ones that I like so I am willing to wait. I placed my oder through the second groupbuy at the end of April. I will let you guys know when I get mine.

ZZtop, out of curiosity, did you have a problem canceling your order? Just wondering because these are custom wheels and I know you've had them ordered for a little while. Were they upset when you contacted them? I'm curious how they reacted to your situation.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:34 PM
ZZtopp

I cancelled the order via e-mail, and Vince left a message for me on my cell telling me that they were going to keep my deposit, even though he told me that no work would begin on my wheels until the week of June 2......I guess everything I read about him is proving to be true.

No biggie...I already filed a formal dispute with my credit card company, faxing all documents, choice exerpts about their customer service from this and other websites, etc.

Instead of taking the high road and doing the right thing, Vince has chosen another direction...one that will ultimately cause even more bad press for a company that is already in big trouble, public relations-wise.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:51 PM
all_bark

after reading all the $hit you guys went through to get beautiful but heavy wheels I am so glad I purchased a set of track rays from a member of this site.

I had them in less than a week and they were in very good condition. The fact that they weigh something like 18 lbs makes them a better deal than anyone purchasing from vince could get.

4-6 weeks turning into 5 months. WTF!

my thoughts on this are blunt:

I do not like being lied too. Customer service is all about honor and truthfulness which vince/iforged do not know about.

vince/iforged: get ****ed!

I am happy I went with the track rays.

BTW - Your Sunset is Beautiful!
Old 05-27-2003, 06:37 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by all_bark
after reading all the $hit you guys went through to get beautiful but heavy wheels I am so glad I purchased a set of track rays from a member of this site.

I had them in less than a week and they were in very good condition. The fact that they weigh something like 18 lbs makes them a better deal than anyone purchasing from vince could get.

4-6 weeks turning into 5 months. WTF!

my thoughts on this are blunt:

I do not like being lied too. Customer service is all about honor and truthfulness which vince/iforged do not know about.

vince/iforged: get ****ed!

I am happy I went with the track rays.

BTW - Your Sunset is Beautiful!

I gave these guys the benefit of the doubt until the end, and now that I've seen how Vince has handled my cancellation, I have no doubt that everything negative that has been said about him/them is probably true. I now know that cancelling my order was the best thing to do.

I wish Vince/iForged no ill will, and hope that those who ordered get their wheels in a timely manner and are very happy with them. I think here is a need for an HRE type wheels that is more affordable, but the way the iForged business is run, I would certainly recommend getting your dream wheels someplace else.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:49 PM
little_rod

Originally posted by all_bark

Well, I will say, when you are looking for a good deal moneywise, sometimes you do have to scarfice in other areas. These rims are heavy compared to the Rays, but then again, most rims are heavy compared to the Rays. These rims are lighter than the stock 18s(which ain't hard) but also are lighter than the stock 17s(relatively speaking, depending on the rim size of course).

I like the TE 37s, but the iforged rims just look better to me. I can't afford the HREs and like the look of the iforged better anyway. The TE 37s are super light, and although I am looking to upgrade the performance of my car (breathing, FI), I want a car that just plain looks good to me. I probably won't race my car much, maybe autox or something but definitely no dragging, or might not race it at all. So I want my car to look good, and these rims provide that.

Now, I know they are more trouble to get and such, and I just ordered mine in the second groupbuy. But you have to look at everyone's reasons for what they do. Heck, the main problems that are posted are the waiting period and a few quality issues. Sure, I could get some rims sooner, but to be totally honest, I would like to get some more wear on my stock tires. Sound stupid??? Not when I just had to pay sales tax and drop off the deposit for the rims at the same time, along with other financial problems in my life.

I am not made of money right now, so the iforged are a good deal for me. IMO, they look better than the TE 37s to anyone outside these boards, and they cost half of the HREs(not to mention that they look better too, IMO). So I have to wait a few months, OK, fine by me, I am not running to get in line for the $1000 dollar tires that I need for my rims either.

Actually, waiting is fine by me, but I can see how it is bad for others, especially ones that don't have their Z in their long term plans. I plan on having my car for a long, long time, so a few months ain't bad. I got years to show off my new rims, plus it gives me an excuse to show my car off to my friends and relatives again.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:56 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by little_rod
Well, I will say, when you are looking for a good deal moneywise, sometimes you do have to scarfice in other areas. These rims are heavy compared to the Rays, but then again, most rims are heavy compared to the Rays. These rims are lighter than the stock 18s(which ain't hard) but also are lighter than the stock 17s(relatively speaking, depending on the rim size of course).

I like the TE 37s, but the iforged rims just look better to me. I can't afford the HREs and like the look of the iforged better anyway. The TE 37s are super light, and although I am looking to upgrade the performance of my car (breathing, FI), I want a car that just plain looks good to me. I probably won't race my car much, maybe autox or something but definitely no dragging, or might not race it at all. So I want my car to look good, and these rims provide that.

Now, I know they are more trouble to get and such, and I just ordered mine in the second groupbuy. But you have to look at everyone's reasons for what they do. Heck, the main problems that are posted are the waiting period and a few quality issues. Sure, I could get some rims sooner, but to be totally honest, I would like to get some more wear on my stock tires. Sound stupid??? Not when I just had to pay sales tax and drop off the deposit for the rims at the same time, along with other financial problems in my life.

I am not made of money right now, so the iforged are a good deal for me. IMO, they look better than the TE 37s to anyone outside these boards, and they cost half of the HREs(not to mention that they look better too, IMO). So I have to wait a few months, OK, fine by me, I am not running to get in line for the $1000 dollar tires that I need for my rims either.

Actually, waiting is fine by me, but I can see how it is bad for others, especially ones that don't have their Z in their long term plans. I plan on having my car for a long, long time, so a few months ain't bad. I got years to show off my new rims, plus it gives me an excuse to show my car off to my friends and relatives again.
I agree 100% with you. I share the same sentiment. I, too, actually need a little more time to save up for my tires so I'm in no rush to get these wheels. Keep us posted on when you get yours. I ordered mine 4/25 and I will post when I get them.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:01 PM
2003z

OK, I had some problems:
Inner part of one rim slightly bent in shipment (shitty packing), doesn't affect balance
Rear wheels don't clear my brembo's, necessitating spacers. Vince wanted me to send them back and fix, or send me spacers. Sold my old wheels so I had to opt for spacers.
Brush finish not all in same direction ( looks a little odd in the corners)
1 lint spec in clearcoat.

Good points
It only took 1 month for mine
They look KICK ***! and noone else around has them.
Attached Thumbnails iforged wheels, finally!-iforged-016.jpg  
Old 05-27-2003, 07:02 PM
little_rod

Originally posted by vics350
I agree 100% with you. I share the same sentiment. I, too, actually need a little more time to save up for my tires so I'm in no rush to get these wheels. Keep us posted on when you get yours. I ordered mine 4/25 and I will post when I get them.
That's cool, I will too. I ordered mine on 4/30, lol, hopefully I am not last to get mine. But if they came tomorrow, I don't know if I would have the money to put them on my car, heh. Money is running realllllllllll tight for me right now, with a divorce going on. This car was a divorce present to myself, and with my situation, I am doing the best thing for me by ordering these rims that I don't expect in for a while.

Last edited by little_rod; 05-27-2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:12 PM
little_rod

Originally posted by 2003z
OK, I had some problems:
Inner part of one rim slightly bent in shipment (shitty packing), doesn't affect balance
Rear wheels don't clear my brembo's, necessitating spacers. Vince wanted me to send them back and fix, or send me spacers. Sold my old wheels so I had to opt for spacers.
Brush finish not all in same direction ( looks a little odd in the corners)
1 lint spec in clearcoat.

Good points
It only took 1 month for mine
They look KICK ***! and noone else around has them.

I must say, 2003z, your rims look amazing, and is a big reason why I made my order. Heck, I have seen some Zs around here lately, but none around here even have aftermarket rims. People look at my stock car like a deer in headlights right now, so I will give them a bit of time to get used to the car, THEN the rims will step me out again.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:45 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by ares
HRE is a absolutely fantastic tire, unmatched quality I would hope, but I dont think any rim is worth the money they charge, if I had the money, I might buy it, but I would expect 110% customer satisfaction and perfect rims.

however that doesnt change the fact that you CAN make a very good set of rims, with perfect quality for less than 4000$.

I paid 2000$, I recieved a 100% FLAWLESS set of rims. for 2000$ I would have accepted nothing less. I dont care if its a ding on the inside of a spoke that no one could see short of removing the tire and pulling out a magnifying glass. 2000$ for forged rims buys me perfection.

its not a deal if its not equal quality.

there certainly seems to be stories about Iforged, I have not yet heard a "good" feedback, Ive only heard of people that are willing to overlook the problems for the deal. thats fine, but that doesnt change the fact that the problems were there.
I got HRE 445's brushed finish. they did not cost 4K. If my memory serves me right, it was $3400 or 3600.

I have seen Rod's Iforged wheels, they look great too. I personally would not have a problem with Iforged wheels, they looked good to me. I think the issue is if you can put up with the poor customer service or not. I did not go for iforged because of excessive negative posts.

Now I am shopping for a FI system. I love some of the HP gains of the ATI procharger but too many negative posts thus far so i might go with the Greddy TT if when it comes out there are no problems. The bottom line is most of us do not want to buy a problem be it a wheel or a car. I would never buy a Neon because several mechanics have told me they are on their 4th headgasket repair. So what, it has bang for the buck when Motor trend drives it? They do not own it when it has 12K on it and it blows up!

I think most of ytou know the story with Iforged now. You will get a nice wheel for $2200, save basically $1000 over HRE. For that, you will have poor customer service and a long delay. Pray all 4 wheels are built correct or you will wait a long time again to get one fixed. Another prayer will be they do not go out of business just incase you need to fixed 2 years from now. there is a price for buying a wheel like Iforged. You cant have it both ways. If it had the customer service of HRE, they would cost the same.

Good luck, they are all nice, i have seen them both, side by side.

Jeff
Old 05-27-2003, 09:38 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just something to consider, what happens if you bend a rim? sure that iforged will be around at that time? how long will they take to make you a single rim? I heard they have had multiple names, thats enough for me, obviously they are playing the price angle and screwing the rest, they are less expensive than HRE, they are FAR from cheap, 2000$ is not a steal for any set of rims, specially when you make them in another complanies spare time. volk manages to put out light tires, for 2000$, without pissing people off, cant be that hard.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:45 PM
little_rod

Originally posted by zland
I got HRE 445's brushed finish. they did not cost 4K. If my memory serves me right, it was $3400 or 3600.

I have seen Rod's Iforged wheels, they look great too. I personally would not have a problem with Iforged wheels, they looked good to me. I think the issue is if you can put up with the poor customer service or not. I did not go for iforged because of excessive negative posts.

Now I am shopping for a FI system. I love some of the HP gains of the ATI procharger but too many negative posts thus far so i might go with the Greddy TT if when it comes out there are no problems. The bottom line is most of us do not want to buy a problem be it a wheel or a car. I would never buy a Neon because several mechanics have told me they are on their 4th headgasket repair. So what, it has bang for the buck when Motor trend drives it? They do not own it when it has 12K on it and it blows up!

I think most of ytou know the story with Iforged now. You will get a nice wheel for $2200, save basically $1000 over HRE. For that, you will have poor customer service and a long delay. Pray all 4 wheels are built correct or you will wait a long time again to get one fixed. Another prayer will be they do not go out of business just incase you need to fixed 2 years from now. there is a price for buying a wheel like Iforged. You cant have it both ways. If it had the customer service of HRE, they would cost the same.

Jeff

Just to point it out, I did get my rims for $2180 and they are 19s. Your rims, according to your signature are 18s. Bet yours would cost more if they were 19s.

But your point is well taken, and I understand what you are saying about customer service. But using your average of $3500 and my $2180, along with upgrading your rims to 19s, the gap would be a lot larger, and we are already talking $1320 difference before yours are 19s. Plus, I like the look of the iforged better!!

Last edited by little_rod; 05-27-2003 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:47 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by zland

Jeff
Exactly right. It was not an easy decsion for me to cancel my order, but the cons of iForged outweighed the pros by a mile. This wheel upgrade was a purchase I only wanted to make once, and I wasn't about to let it be a crap shoot. Hell, I live in Las Vegas...there's plenty of gambling around me and I don't see too many winners.

Soon after I cancelled, I found a set of Silver 19" TE37's that will be delivered in less than a week for about the same price. I know they will be perfect, and Volk makes a much better, lighter wheel than iForged....plus the sensors will fit without bands. The Volks may not be as exciting in appearance, but I'd much rather have a better wheel that gives me piece of mind, and not have to deal with the lies and questionable quality and tactics of Vince and his cohorts.

I'd prefer to enjoy my summer rather than do the slow burn as the delivery date was pushed back week after week, lie after lie. Like I said, I hope everyone's wheels turn out great.....I just decided to leave the party early and wake up without an iForged hangover. I feel better already!
Old 05-27-2003, 11:10 PM
little_rod

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Exactly right. It was not an easy decsion for me to cancel my order, but the cons of iForged outweighed the pros by a mile. This wheel upgrade was a purchase I only wanted to make once, and I wasn't about to let it be a crap shoot. Hell, I live in Las Vegas...there's plenty of gambling around me and I don't see too many winners.

Soon after I cancelled, I found a set of Silver 19" TE37's that will be delivered in less than a week for about the same price. I know they will be perfect, and Volk makes a much better, lighter wheel than iForged....plus the sensors will fit without bands. The Volks may not be as exciting in appearance, but I'd much rather have a better wheel that gives me piece of mind, and not have to deal with the lies and questionable quality and tactics of Vince and his cohorts.

I'd prefer to enjoy my summer rather than do the slow burn as the delivery date was pushed back week after week, lie after lie. Like I said, I hope everyone's wheels turn out great.....I just decided to leave the party early and wake up without an iForged hangover. I feel better already!

Then just don't worry about it week after week. Just let it be more of a suprise when they come in, heh.

You have more cahunas than me, I can't see myself even having a small risk of losing $1000 dollars right now.

The threat of damage to my rims is very real, especially if they go out of business or something. Hopefully, this doesn't happen, or it won't happen for a long, long while. Seems like they are real busy at iforged, so I don't think they are lacking for business at the moment.

I know I am taking a risk and something bad could happen. Worse case, the rims mess up and break, and I can't get them fixed. Then, since I will have more money in the future, I can buy some Volks, and be right around the money it would have cost for the HREs, with the Volks and iforged costs put together.

Volks are my second choice btw, but I just love the looks of the iforged.

Last edited by little_rod; 05-27-2003 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:20 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by little_rod
Then just don't worry about it week after week. Just let it be more of a suprise when they come in, heh.

You have more cahunas than me, I can't see myself even having a small risk of losing $1000 dollars right now.

The threat of damage to my rims is very real, especially if they go out of business or something. Hopefully, this doesn't happen, or it won't happen for a long, long while. Seems like they are real busy at iforged, so I don't think they are lacking for business at the moment.

I know I am taking a risk and something bad could happen. Worse case, the rims mess up and break, and I can't get them fixed. Then, since I will have more money in the future, I can buy some Volks, and be right around the money it would have cost for the HREs, with the Volks and iforged costs put together.

Volks are my second choice btw, but I just love the looks of the iforged.
I love the looks too....that's why it was so hard to cancel. I hope your wheels turn out great and you're very happy with them.

Based on what Vince told me and what is written on my my order form, there is no risk at all of me losing $1000....but if Vince wants to be a small-time crook and try to rip me off, he's just proving that all the negative press about him is true.

The bad rep of iForged continues to grow. At the local Discount Tire store here in Las Vegas, I went in yesterday to order my Toyo TS-1's (they matched the best price I could find on the internet, BTW). The manager asked what kind of wheels I was going to put them on, and I briefly told him about the iForged scenario. As soon as I mentioned them, he laughed. Out of respect to those who still have wheels on order, I won't go into the details, but needless to say, he thought my decison to cancel was a wise one.

Quick Reply: iforged wheels, finally!