Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

iforged wheels, finally!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 08:36 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default soon... very soon...

For what it's worth, I think iForged is trying to clean up their bad customer relations rap. For the second time in as many weeks, I have received an email from Vince, unsolicited (I neither emailed or called him), updating me on the status of my wheels.

The news is good. My wheels are done and I will have a tracking number tomorrow. Also, mine are one of the first sets to come back from the new clearcoater they are using (the same that clearcoats the HREs) so I will be sure to post a review of the work. Finally, because of my long wait (and in addition to another concession), they are upgrading my shipping for free so I will have them sooner!!!

Does it make up for 2 months worth of frustration? Not entirely, but it seems to me that they are conscious of their customer relations issues and working toward correcting them.

As for the weight issue discussed earlier. If you're main focus is racing, I think that is an issue. But my 18" iForgeds will still be lighter than my stock 18"s by about 5lbs per tire (stock 18s are 26lbs and at some point I read that the sizes I am getting are 21 and 22 lbs, front & back); not as light as the Rays or Volk TE-37s, but then, mine will look better IMO!

Also, there a lot of cars out there with TE-37 style Volks or knock-offs. I think what someone else has already stated as their experience will be true... the iForgeds will be more I-catching than the Rays or Volks to those who don't haunt this website everyday.

Last edited by mcduck; 05-28-2003 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:55 AM
iForged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Based on what Vince told me and what is written on my my order form, there is no risk at all of me losing $1000....but if Vince wants to be a small-time crook and try to rip me off, he's just proving that all the negative press about him is true.
"Your order has been processed and the material has been cut to your order specification.

"We can ship you the processed piece, if you would like"
Old 05-28-2003, 08:58 AM
damen

sorry to hear that ZZtopp had to cancel his order and is having problems getting his deposit back. if you felt uneasy about the order than you should cancel.

are there any guys that have not received there wheels at all? i'm not talking about how long it took. just have not got them at all?

some of you guys talk about the volks and rays alot, which are nice wheels but everyone already has them. i love the fact that i won't see anyone near me with the same wheels even on the net. but enough, to each his own. i know you'll be happy with your new wheels. i just hope you don't regret it when you start seeing people post there wheels on the net.

to the guys that have ordered your wheels, i can't wait to see them. that goes out to you to ZZtopp.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:13 AM
350Zwannabe

Default IFORGED SPEAKS!!

Originally posted by iforged
"Your order has been processed and the material has been cut to your order specification.

"We can ship you the processed piece, if you would like"
SOMEONES LISTENING!!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 10:39 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not for nothing, but again, te37s are not common, your looking at such a small sample size, I counted, out of all the Zs on this forum, about 35-40 have TE37s, dont think your gonna see another set of TE37s in your area anytime soon. not the point of the thread tho, just wish people would understand that this forum is hardly representative of the entire car population. you wont see 2000$ wheels as common as you see on this forum, I mean hell as many people have HREs as have Iforged, THATS ALOT OF 3-4000$ RIMS!!! haha
Old 05-28-2003, 12:47 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by damen
sorry to hear that ZZtopp had to cancel his order and is having problems getting his deposit back. if you felt uneasy about the order than you should cancel.

are there any guys that have not received there wheels at all? i'm not talking about how long it took. just have not got them at all?

some of you guys talk about the volks and rays alot, which are nice wheels but everyone already has them. i love the fact that i won't see anyone near me with the same wheels even on the net. but enough, to each his own. i know you'll be happy with your new wheels. i just hope you don't regret it when you start seeing people post there wheels on the net.

to the guys that have ordered your wheels, i can't wait to see them. that goes out to you to ZZtopp.
I'm not having any trouble getting my deposit back. I had to take the time to inform the credit card company of the situation, but I wasted maybe 30 minutes on the whole thing. The fact is, $1100 plus or minus isn't to going to change my life....the problem has already been dealt with, despite what the people at iForged may think.

However, if I was trying to get better PR for my business, I would never make the mistake of ripping off someone for $1100...especially not someone who has the means to widely publicize my act of thievery, and who will pursue legal action as well. I have no idea what their post above means, but I suppose it's some feeble attempt to indicate that some work had already been done on my wheels. And if you believe that, I've got some swampland on Yucca Mountain for ya.......

In the ten months since the Z has been out here in Las Vegas, I have not seen even one with aftermarket wheels...so I'm not too worried about seeing another set of Volks across the street.

After what I heard yesterday at the tire shop, I'm sooooo glad I'm not getting iForged wheels. Regret it? Not a chance.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:22 PM
little_rod

BTW, since it hasn't been mentioned in a while, thought I would mention it. mucky's rims look amazing. Went through a lot to get them, but the end result speaks for itself.
Old 05-28-2003, 04:05 PM
Brad4rdHay

Well, I got my wheels in 2.5 weeks, and i sent them back to have a bend fixed (my run in with a deer...slide offroad) and have the front offsets changed....and Vince is having them re-brushed and re-clear coated for free....so Im pretty pleased with their service.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:07 PM
mucky

little_rod
Thank you

Matt
Old 05-29-2003, 07:07 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

two comments...

ares said...
not for nothing, but again, te37s are not common, your looking at such a small sample size, I counted, out of all the Zs on this forum, about 35-40 have TE37s, dont think your gonna see another set of TE37s in your area anytime soon. not the point of the thread tho, just wish people would understand that this forum is hardly representative of the entire car population.
I agree the odds are pretty low of see another 350Z with TE37s in a particular area, but my thing is the 37s are not unique to the Z. Volk makes very, very similar designs for other car applications. So I may not see many 350Zs with these wheels running around Charlotte, but I can tell you that I do see alot of tricked out cars around with similar Volks already.

Back on the iForged tip...
as promised, my tracking number for my wheels arrived yesterday afternoon via email.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:10 AM
350Zwannabe

Default PROMISES SHLOMISES

Originally posted by mcduck
[
Back on the iForged tip...
as promised, my tracking number for my wheels arrived yesterday afternoon via email. [/B]
You were bound to get the tracking numbers sooner or later, but thats not the point. I got mine fairly quickly, now you just have to pray, cross your fingers, and hope to G-D that your new shiny wheels are free of any defects. I'm praying for yah! You might be one of the LUCKY ones...
Old 05-29-2003, 09:43 AM
damen

don't go off of having your tracking number alone. you have to check with UPS to make sure that they have left.