Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Big thanks to Zeckhausen Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 10:23 PM
slay2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big thanks to Zeckhausen Racing...

Hi,

Just wanted everyone to know of a great experience I've had today with the company and the owner, Dave Zeckhausen. You guys might already know of the company from the extensive testing they've done with the StopTech's for our cars, amongst other things. If you have ANY kinds of brake-related questions, or are looking to buy such products, THIS is the company to go to, and here's why.

As per my other thread, I was having some problems with the Carbotech Bobcats I've just put onto the front of my Z. After scrambling for answers, I've sent Dave a PM, and he promptly replied with some solutions, suggesting that there is a high probability of air being trapped in my brake system, based on my symptoms.

Since we were both in New Jersey, he actually offered for me to come down so he can bleed my brakes the right way, at no cost, and show me how everything is done!! All this, in the middle of a Sunday afternoon, mind you! I was amazed, and I immediately accepted the generous offer.

In short, Dave actually took over 2 hours out of his Sunday afternoon to enlighten me with tremendous amounts of useful information on pads, rotors, brake lines, and brake kits, all while bleeding the system with precision, professionalism, and skill. I couldn't be more thankful, and absorbed everything like a sponge. He even went as far as to bed the brakes in properly with me, and the car's braking improved significantly right away!

So if you need ANY kind of brake-related advice, products, or information, I highly recommend you talk to Dave. You can check out everything that the company offers on their site, www.zeckhausen.com

Very friendly, very generous, and very informative. I figured some of you could benefit from me sharing this, and I would honestly drive 2-3 hours each way for this kind of expertise, if I had to.

Thank god for my350z.com, and for people like Dave.

-slay

Last edited by slay2k; 05-26-2003 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:59 PM
little_rod

OK, I am real interested in the brakes, but I don't live anywhere near Jersey. Was yours an odd case or a common one, cause I can't come to Jersey, heh.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:10 AM
slay2k

Well,

If you can't come down to have stuff done, they're still one of the top people to talk to, and they carry alotta stuff at good prices, also. So I'd at least give em a call.