Originally Posted by deviljon
^ +1, i was too lazy to tell him

Ha, I just didnt want to be a d!ck

But +1
Old 12-25-2007, 12:47 PM
DustinZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jinsei888
the wheels are not quite aggressive enough with that stock ride height throwing off how aggressive they actually would be, slammed. The tires are stretched out instead of in...that's probably why the car doesn't belong on this thread
It even looks like he has positive camber in the front.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jinsei888
the wheels are not quite aggressive enough with that stock ride height throwing off how aggressive they actually would be, slammed. The tires are stretched out instead of in...that's probably why the car doesn't belong on this thread
Fenders will be rolled soon and drop too. Its snowing here up the pie hole at the moment.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:27 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
So let me get this right.. your piSSy cause I have eyes that can see colors, right???

Get over it.

The car looks beautiful, mine also is PPW & I have had to repaint the hood the drivers fender so I know what you are talking about with the paint matching. Luckily I painted when the car was less than 1 year old, so the color is pretty close.

You on the other hand look like you used the Pearl Ivory color used on the Infinitis for the nose & a$$ end, with the PPW from NiSSan. Still looks nice kinda a nice contrast.

Sorry darling!!!!

We drive nice cars & we pay attention to details, so I noticed big deal.

Maybe you should talk up the 2 tone scheme, they play off each other very well.
You do realize that light will always reflect differently between fiberglass and metal right? If you look at the car in person, you will not be able to tell the paint is different.

And regarding your "nose *** rear" comment, the pictures were taken with a wide angle lens, things are obviously going to be skewed.

Thanks for your useless comments none the less...I think.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:35 PM
da45king

Amazing thread in general. I would have never imagined a thread like this would have come from this forum.

Usually the A**holes come out in abundance to take pot shots at any rim that is larger than an 18 and/or chrome. Where are the racist with their "rice" this and "ghetto" that comments???
Old 12-29-2007, 04:10 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
So let me get this right.. your piSSy cause I have eyes that can see colors, right???

Get over it.

The car looks beautiful, mine also is PPW & I have had to repaint the hood the drivers fender so I know what you are talking about with the paint matching. Luckily I painted when the car was less than 1 year old, so the color is pretty close.

You on the other hand look like you used the Pearl Ivory color used on the Infinitis for the nose & a$$ end, with the PPW from NiSSan. Still looks nice kinda a nice contrast.
Sorry darling!!!!

We drive nice cars & we pay attention to details, so I noticed big deal.

Maybe you should talk up the 2 tone scheme, they play off each other very well.

Originally Posted by UrbanTacticZ
You do realize that light will always reflect differently between fiberglass and metal right? If you look at the car in person, you will not be able to tell the paint is different.

Maybe someday I will see the car in person & possibly my eyes will fail to see color differences

And regarding your "nose *** rear" comment, the pictures were taken with a wide angle lens, things are obviously going to be skewed.

I don't believe I ever made any comment about the car being skewed, just wondering if because a wide angle lens was used my eyes would not be able to see a color difference. Can't you see the color difference, or have your eyes compensated for the wide angle lens used???
Thanks for your useless comments none the less...I think.
Read my comments: I NEVER said the car did not look good, I even paid a nice compliment to the car, understanding that paint matching is difficult if not impossible at best. Damn another member with his panties in a bunch because my surgically corrected eyes see a great paint job, with ever so slight color differences!!

Last edited by 350ZTheStandard; 12-29-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:59 PM
JisNis

^^^ Shadddup already.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:20 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Ok, I'm sorry! I have no idea what's going on anymore and just want to see other nice cars
Old 12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPete
For those who haven't seen this at the D1GP All Star event.. =)

Aggressive enough for yah?
And I thought my rear camber was bad.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:44 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by Chad68
And I thought my rear camber was bad.

It's not a matter of my camber being "bad" per say, its about the style I was trying to achieve
Old 12-30-2007, 03:07 PM
deviljon

It's not a matter of my camber being "bad" per say, its about the style I was trying to achieve
there's nothing "negative" about negative camber
Old 12-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Zridder19
K buddy thanks for your useless opinion, but I have a 4 year degree in Auto Body and Refinishing. And have worked in a high end shop for 3 years. Painting new BMW's and Mercedes. I think you are a little out of your league on this one. I understand you noticing the difference on the color. Good job. But you need to understand how hard it is to get a 100% match. No need to show your *** noob.
Sorry bud, seen plenty of people be able to match PPW to the point it is better matched than OEM between panels. if you think that kit is matched well enough to the oem panels, then please advise everyone which shop you work at so other Z owners can avoid it.

My brother painted a PPW bumper for a local and it was DEAD on... and he only has a 9 month tech degree from wyotech in autobody repair with minimal time spent in painting. You just have to have a bit of skill mixing paint and ensure the proper match by spraying test panels. PPW is difficult to match, but that is no excuse to settle for a "close enough" paint match
Old 12-31-2007, 06:33 AM
Zridder19

Originally Posted by Zivman
Sorry bud, seen plenty of people be able to match PPW to the point it is better matched than OEM between panels. if you think that kit is matched well enough to the oem panels, then please advise everyone which shop you work at so other Z owners can avoid it.

My brother painted a PPW bumper for a local and it was DEAD on... and he only has a 9 month tech degree from wyotech in autobody repair with minimal time spent in painting. You just have to have a bit of skill mixing paint and ensure the proper match by spraying test panels. PPW is difficult to match, but that is no excuse to settle for a "close enough" paint match
Im gonna start a b.s. arguement over this. Lets try to keep this OT, not about paint work. Again, like Urban said, the camera lens also had to do with colors not matching well. If you want to start a pissing contest over paint work, PM me.

If you want to start a pissing contest, you wont win.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:54 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Zridder19
Im gonna start a b.s. arguement over this. Lets try to keep this OT, not about paint work. Again, like Urban said, the camera lens also had to do with colors not matching well. If you want to start a pissing contest over paint work, PM me.

If you want to start a pissing contest, you wont win.

Fact is, PPW is not THAT hard to match. What we see in the pics is not acceptable paint matching if done by a reputable body shop. If you say that it is, you sir are a hack
Old 12-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Zilvia

wow, i cant believe you guys are fighting over paint match on a car that you've only seen 2 pics of.....

gezzz
Old 12-31-2007, 08:55 AM
JisNis

Originally Posted by Zivman
Fact is, PPW is not THAT hard to match. What we see in the pics is not acceptable paint matching if done by a reputable body shop. If you say that it is, you sir are a hack
So which is it? Is PPW easy to match or difficult to match? Your contradicting ur first statement
Old 01-02-2008, 01:22 PM
UrbanTacticZ

For those of you who are interested in VIP style, check out new suspension piece to give you crazy negative camber (or at least all the negative camber you could want without screwing up toe too badly)!

Best of all, it pulls the top of the wheel in instead of kicking the bottom of the wheel out like all of the rear "camber" crap available right now.

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/324735-finally-rear-upper-control-arms-rucas.html#post4919549

Booyeah, finally!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 AM

For those of you who are interested in VIP style, check out new suspension piece to give you crazy negative camber (or at least all the negative camber you could want without screwing up toe too badly)!

Best of all, it pulls the top of the wheel in instead of kicking the bottom of the wheel out like all of the rear "camber" crap available right now.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4919549

Booyeah, finally!
An informative thread also.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:33 AM
jdmrwd

What happened to this thread guys!?
Keep them coming!
BUMP!!!!!

Quick Reply: Aggressive Wheels and Stretched Tires....Welcome