Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Complete Custom Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003 | 04:41 PM
GaryK

Default Complete Custom Wheels

Is there anybody out there running Complete Custom Wheels? The wheels they sell are more of a race wheel than a street wheel, but I've always liked the way they look with black centers. They're 3 piece, and only available in up to 18" diameters, although they are coming out with some nice 19" one piece forged wheels (too expensive for me). The best thing is that they are fairly light, although I don't know exactly what they weigh for a 350z application.

I'm attaching a photochop of them on my DB....
Attached Thumbnails Complete Custom Wheels-ccw2.jpg  
Old 06-17-2003 | 12:15 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Default Re: Complete Custom Wheels

Originally posted by GaryK
Is there anybody out there running Complete Custom Wheels? The wheels they sell are more of a race wheel than a street wheel, but I've always liked the way they look with black centers. They're 3 piece, and only available in up to 18" diameters, although they are coming out with some nice 19" one piece forged wheels (too expensive for me). The best thing is that they are fairly light, although I don't know exactly what they weigh for a 350z application.

I'm attaching a photochop of them on my DB....
Very ugly IMO.
Old 06-17-2003 | 09:17 AM
Nocturnal

You know, you can just have a set of HRE 540 made, they look just like that. You can get 18"-20", have the center painted any color you like...etc.

They are also 3 piece wheel, but they are more street then track use, but they do look nice.
Old 06-17-2003 | 12:46 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by Nocturnal
You know, you can just have a set of HRE 540 made, they look just like that. You can get 18"-20", have the center painted any color you like...etc.

They are also 3 piece wheel, but they are more street then track use, but they do look nice.
Yeah, and the HRE's look a little better. But they cost a lot more...the CCW's are $1860 per set. And CCW gives you black anodized centers at no extra cost. The CCW's aren't the best looking wheel, but for a performance oriented wheel of very high quality they aren't bad.

I'm just exploring options. If I'm going to spend money on a wheel "upgrade", I'd like something several pounds lighter than stock that doesn't cost a fortune.
Old 06-17-2003 | 01:45 PM
Nocturnal

If you are honestly going for performance and not looks, then I would say go for a 17" or even 16" (if you don't have track model and not planning brake upgrade) Volk Racing TE-37.

1 piece forge will be lighter and stronger then most 3 piece wheel.
Old 06-17-2003 | 04:38 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by Nocturnal
If you are honestly going for performance and not looks, then I would say go for a 17" or even 16" (if you don't have track model and not planning brake upgrade) Volk Racing TE-37.

1 piece forge will be lighter and stronger then most 3 piece wheel.
That's the problem, I want to allow for a brake upgrade. And don't get me wrong, I'm not totally ignoring looks, its just that I place more value on performance.

BTW, at least one of the 350z's that are running Grand Am Cup are running these CCW wheels in 17x9 and 17x10.5 I believe.

Anyway, in the end I'd like a set of 19" TE-37's because they look damn good and they're plenty light. Just can't justify the 2.5k price tag....yet.
Old 06-17-2003 | 04:56 PM
Loren04G35

Yeah, and the HRE's look a little better. But they cost a lot more...the CCW's are $1860 per set. And CCW gives you black anodized centers at no extra cost. The CCW's aren't the best looking wheel, but for a performance oriented wheel of very high quality they aren't bad.
First, these aren't wheels that look good unless they have deep lips. If you see any pictures of them on Supras with 17x10/17x11.5 or Porsche 911s, then you will understand. The 18"s also use the same centers as the 17"s, but with different offset rim halves. So, they look a little funky with the bolts in further off the lips. I have seen a lowered black wingless Supra with a set of 18x10/18x11.5 CCWs(275/35, 315/30 tires) that looked incredible on the car. I will throw in my .02 though. I don't recommend the annodizing. They have a lot of problems with it staying with colors and the black makes the wheels look cheap. It looks like a flat black crylon coating as they wear. They look like those cheap black steel wheels you seen in the back corner of a Pep Boys. The best option would be to go with the polished finish. I would like to note that his service is great. They have fixed or made replacement wheels the same week they were shipped in. I have seen Forgeline take 5 months just to re-weld the centers of their wheels(2-piece) when they had a warranty problem with leaking. He also does favors for racers all the time.

Here is also an FYI that most of you don't know: CCW, Forgeline, Fikse and HRE don't make the outer rim halves for their 3-piece wheels, they just make the centers. They all buy the outer rim halves from the same company. One of the main reasons why CCW's are cheaper is that John doesn't make the number of different wheels centers as the others do, hence the same centers for 17" and 18" wheels. Less molds means less investment and less cost. I too am waiting to see a pic of these on a Z. I am thinking about ordering a set for the new G Coupe.
Old 06-17-2003 | 05:59 PM
GaryK

Thanks for the info Loren. I personally would like a flat black rather than gloss on these, which is why I wasn't too concerned about the anodizing. I've always though these wheels, even in the 18" diameter, looked great on C5 corvettes with the black centers. For some reason the wheels just don't go as well on the 350.

Have you seen their new 19" forged wheels? Thread on corvetteforum here . They're supposed to have a few different styles, and they have the fat lips that everyone is after.
Old 06-19-2003 | 07:50 AM
Loren04G35

Have you seen their new 19" forged wheels? Thread on corvetteforum here . They're supposed to have a few different styles, and they have the fat lips that everyone is after.
I just saw what the wheels look like. I like the mesh wheels. I talked to John and he can do a set for the Z track and G 6-sp. It will require a small spacer in the front(the calipers are just too big) and it won't have a deep lip in the front. The 19" forged wheels are about 21-22 lbs. John can do a little better on a set right now. He is going to make some next week.