Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those thinking about iforged

Might want to think twice:

Part 1

Part 2
Old 06-26-2003, 02:01 PM
MATIX

Sounds like a typical experience with iForged...I can't believe those guys are still in business, they'll prolly hve to change their name again soon though like they've done in the past.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:45 PM
ZZtopp

I'm happy that SOME of the Z owners on this board have received their iForged wheels without any major flaws, but the bottom line is, these guys are about as dependable as the weather in Hawaii.

They're also crooks. Vince told me on May 19 that they would start production of my wheels the week of June 2....and that I'd have them within six weeks. After long consideration, I cancelled my order on May 27 via e-mail, five days before work was supposed to begin on my wheels. They had not yet charged my credit card. LATE THAT SAME AFTERNOON, AFTER I HAD CANCELLED, THEY WENT AHEAD AND CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD THE FULL 50%, claiming that half the work had been done on the wheels and that they were going to keep my "deposit." Since then, I've supplied my credit card company with all the documentation to prove their deceptive business practice, and the last account dispute representative that I talked to was so appalled by their actions, they suggested that I file a complaint with the Attorney General of California. I think I will.

Combine this kind of ruthless thievery with the questionable quality of their product, and I doubt they'll be in business for very long. People aren't stupid, and word gets around. You can't outrun the information highway.
Old 06-26-2003, 04:58 PM
srobert910

well i can tell you that i'm 110% happy with my iforged experience. My wheels were delivered 3 days early of the expected date. They were 100% perfect, not a single flaw i could find (my friends and I spent a long time picking them apart) Their shipping was great, had tracking #s for the wheels. Maybe I just got lucky huh? I'm sure you can ask some other iforged owners about their experiences. It seems like everyone jumps at the opportunity to rag on Vince and Iforged, but from my experience I can't. For everyone that has a problem with Iforged, why don't you just buy something else? Just don't buy anything from Iforged and be happy. I'm sure there are other products on the market that would make you happier.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:08 PM
ZZtopp

Like I said, there's no question that some people have had a good experience with these guys. You gambled and you won (so far, anyway), but many others haven't been so lucky. When you spend that kind of money, it shouldn't be a gamble....period.

I bought some Volks....thank God.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:14 PM
Jet_M3

Default Exactly

You got lucky. You don't know how many threads on e46fanatics I've seen about the iforge finishes peeling and cracking as well as the horrid after sales service. One guy needed a new valve stem, which normally costs 10 bucks, it took vince over a week to ship one out to him. When the guy got it, he found out he was charged $55 including overnight shipping when the original valve stem was defective. I sincerely hope for your sake, you won't be needing anything from them anytime soon.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:20 PM
srobert910

Ok guys, we're beating a dead horse here. My wheels suck, everything went wrong, don't buy anything from these guys, and I should have bought some Volks.

Lets all just drop it, there are plenty of negative posts about Vince and Iforged. I was just trying to balance this thread and tell everyone that is reading, that not everything they've read on the internet is true. How about we all just read the thousands of bad posts about these guys and not contribute any more.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:25 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was terrible to read what that person was experiencing and it's something no one should have to go through. Having said this I could only speak about my experience with iForged. I placed my order on April 25th. iForged quoted 6-8 week delivery time which was fine by me as I was in no rush. I'm in sales and I know in my business whenever anything is ordered "special", a 2-3 month delivery is not unusual. Remember that all iForged wheels are done special to your specification. Obviously, where customers get upset is if you quote a delivery date and then a month later they haven't received their order.

In my experience, iForged did what I asked of them initially which was to bill me 50% up front and the balance upon shipment. Again, this is a must because this is a special order. If you don't want to deal with a special order item, then iForged isn't for you.

On June 13th I got a call from Vince telling me that my wheels were ready and they were shipping that day and that it would take 1 week to get to me. I received my wheels on June 20th.
This amounts to a total delivery time of 8 weeks. If I had ordered some Volk's (which was my other option) I was told I would have to wait 2-3 months as well.

I am very happy with the rims. I'll be honest and say that I was not happy with a couple of the center caps and I called Vince and he was great and said he'd ship me out two new ones right away.

If you think waiting for rims is long try ordering some 275/35/19 tires. The best I could get was "maybe" six weeks and this is for a supposed stock item.

I will be mounting my wheels next week so we'll see how everything goes then.

I'm not hear trying to defend iForged. I'm just expressing my experience. If you are a little leery of what other people have said about their customer service and quality then I suggest you don't buy the wheels. All I can say is that if you asked me my opinion I would tell you to be patient, follow-up with them, and if you see something wrong when you get them call right away.

I don't know Vince personally but the times that I've spoken to him he's been pleasant and helpful.

This is all I'll say about this subject and wish everyone the best in whatever wheel they choose to purchase.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:29 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by srobert910
Ok guys, we're beating a dead horse here. My wheels suck, everything went wrong, don't buy anything from these guys, and I should have bought some Volks.

Lets all just drop it, there are plenty of negative posts about Vince and Iforged. I was just trying to balance this thread and tell everyone that is reading, that not everything they've read on the internet is true. How about we all just read the thousands of bad posts about these guys and not contribute any more.

Grow up. No one said your wheels suck and everything went wrong. The fact is, many have had major problems with these guys, and with talk of another group buy a possibliliy, it's only fair to warn those considering this company.

By the way, I still think a properly finished set of iForged Aero wheels probably look better than my Volks. There...I said something positive about them...feel better now?
Old 06-26-2003, 05:36 PM
rodH

the 1st post sux, the 2nd one is stupid.

Many wheels require hub centric rings and out of the 7 sets of wheels I have purchased in my life, only 1/2 of them included rings and NON (read NON) have included lugs, NON.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:39 PM
rodH

this is an interesting reply, and I was wondering the same thing about his vendors

"""""Interesting point, but did you know Vince and iForged make the DTM Kreuz wheels for DTMautohaus? Well, now you do.

Also, Matt always makes it look like it is iForged and Vince's fault, but he tends to leave out that he messes up the wheel orders as well. Trust me, I know someone that is close to the iForged camp and iForged nor Vince is going to come on a public forum and point out the mistakes of vendors who sell their wheels. They just take the blame."""""
Old 06-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Jet_M3

Default I'm sharing some info

that I'm sure not everyone knows about and for you to say so would suggest a lack of respect for others. Wouldn't you want to know some of the potential risks you might encounter when making a purchase of that magnitude? I will not go into what I think of their product line but suffice to say I have never considered purchasing anything from them so don't worry about that. To those who have had good experiences and who love their wheels then that's wonderful. In the end, it was just an FYI for my fellow Z enthusiasts and hopefully their products and service will continue to improve.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:44 PM
vics350

Hey Rod I'm an amateur when it comes to wheels so I'm confused about the "hubcentric ring". Did you need that to install your iForged's?

I will be mounting my wheels in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

You're right about the lug nuts. I never heard of lug nuts coming with rims unless whoever sold them to you was really nice and offered to throw them in for you.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Jet_M3

Default First of all

BMWs use lug bolts and stock bolts usually aren't universal like lug nuts therefore they are usually included. Secondly, when you purchase custom wheels, the center bore is already hubcentric so there is no need for a hubcentric ring. Thirdly, my two sets of 19s for the M3 came with everything. Vic, since your wheels are made to order, you won't need anything to mount the wheels except for the stock lug nuts.

Last edited by Jet_M3; 06-26-2003 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:03 PM
vics350

Default Re: First of all

Originally posted by Jet_M3
BMWs use lug bolts and stock bolts usually aren't universal like lug nuts therefore they are usually included. Secondly, when you purchase custom wheels, the center bore is already hubcentric so there is no need for a hubcentric ring. Thirdly, my two sets of 19s for the M3 came with everything. Vic, since your wheels are made to order, you won't need anything to mount the wheels except for the stock lug nuts.
Thanks for your help. That's cool that your wheels came with everything.

BTW, I have no problem with you posting that iForged story as I agree that everyone should know if there has been a bad experience with a specific manufacturer. Ultimately, it's up to the individual to decide whether or not they want to buy from that company or not.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:30 PM
rodH

Originally posted by vics350
Hey Rod I'm an amateur when it comes to wheels so I'm confused about the "hubcentric ring". Did you need that to install your iForged's?

I will be mounting my wheels in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

You're right about the lug nuts. I never heard of lug nuts coming with rims unless whoever sold them to you was really nice and offered to throw them in for you.
you won't need a thing, just take the old wheels off and put new ones on with stock lugs
Old 06-26-2003, 06:32 PM
ZZtopp

Default Re: I'm sharing some info

Originally posted by Jet_M3
that I'm sure not everyone knows about and for you to say so would suggest a lack of respect for others. Wouldn't you want to know some of the potential risks you might encounter when making a purchase of that magnitude? I will not go into what I think of their product line but suffice to say I have never considered purchasing anything from them so don't worry about that. To those who have had good experiences and who love their wheels then that's wonderful. In the end, it was just an FYI for my fellow Z enthusiasts and hopefully their products and service will continue to improve.

Your post and info is appreciated. It's helpful information like yours that ultimately led to my decision to cancel with this company....and I couldn't be happier that I did.

In researching these guys, I found that the majority of Iforged purchases (those that have been posted about on the internet, anyway) seem to have some problems. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is....buyer beware.

Last edited by ZZtopp; 06-26-2003 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:31 AM
DURSO

How come HRE does not have this reputation?
Is the relatively low price the reason why iForged is putting out inferior product occasionally, or is HRE just better at running their business? Is the low cost a good excuse to not get a quality product? They are still more than the average set of wheels.
It seems like iForged does not have a Q/A process in place to ensure that wheels ship out the door with no imperfections. Recent example of the lack of Q/A process:
Vics350 talks about getting center caps with his recent order that he was not pleased with. I wonder if HRE would have let those center caps leave their factory? Other customers have made mention that once they recieved their wheels the offset was not correct either.
Just seems like iForged attention to detail is not where it needs to be.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:35 AM
vics350

Originally posted by DURSO
How come HRE does not have this reputation?
Is the relatively low price the reason why iForged is putting out inferior product occasionally, or is HRE just better at running their business? Is the low cost a good excuse to not get a quality product? They are still more than the average set of wheels.
It seems like iForged does not have a Q/A process in place to ensure that wheels ship out the door with no imperfections. Recent example of the lack of Q/A process:
Vics350 talks about getting center caps with his recent order that he was not pleased with. I wonder if HRE would have let those center caps leave their factory? Other customers have made mention that once they recieved their wheels the offset was not correct either.
Just seems like iForged attention to detail is not where it needs to be.
Believe it or not I agree with you. There should be more attention to detail. Hopefully some of this negative publicity will help them work out some of these issues because for the most part the wheels do look great.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:23 AM
travelmadness

Based on everything I have read and heard about IForged . . . I would much rather buy HRE's.

Quick Reply: For those thinking about iforged