Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

For those thinking about iforged

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 11:04 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to stay out of this debate, but couldn't stand it anymore so here's my .02... well, more like .04 really...
  • I must say I have noticed improvement in iForgeds service level since I first place my order. So, I do believe they are concerned. Not all problems can be fixed overnight, but I think Vince and everyone else out there are working on improving their order process... which seems to be the biggest issue.
  • Quality? I can only speak from what I've seen... my iForgeds are top notch. I have one centercap that the logo is a little offcenter. Other than that, I would put my set up against any other wheel on the market.
  • Jet_M3 said
    You don't know how many threads on e46fanatics I've seen about the iforge finishes peeling and cracking as well as the horrid after sales service.
    Again, I think this has changed. I bet those who claim to have peeling and cracking did not order their iForgeds recently. They have recently switched to the same clearcoater that HRE uses. Unless you know of someone with HREs that has this problem, it is no longer a valid argument. They have taken steps to improve the process. It's not fair for those who had to deal with the problem before, but it will not likely be happening to those that are getting iForgeds clearcoated by the new vendor.
  • Have not heard of the offset problems mentioned above by DURSO. In fact, every post on my350z I read has spoken about how well offset the wheels are. I had a rubbing problem, but it was because I put a tire on that was too wide for my rear wheel. Vince offered to fix this for me at no cost (by widening the wheel) even though it was my fault for ordering the incorrect wheel width for the tire size I was mounting. If that isn't customer service, I don't know what is!
  • No offense to ZZtopp... it does sound like you are having a horrible time with iForged... but you seem to be the exception on this board. Every other my350z.com post, by someone with firsthand experience seems to be good. In the occasional cases where something wasn't right, I think iForged has fixed the problem every time.
  • As for posts on other forums... I really don't give a rat's @$$! I don't know those people. I hope they are just as devoted and enthusiastic as us, but the bottom line is... I know who posts here on my350Z regularly and have a pretty good idea of whose opinions and reviews are valid as opposed to petty griping. I can't say that of other boards.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Personally, my only real issue with iForged was the length of time it took to get my wheels. Based on recent purchasers (2nd group) buy, it sounds like they are getting the wheels out in the advertised 8 week time frame now.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:18 PM
Jet_M3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmmm...

You have to realize that not everyone has had as positive an experience as you and for some unknown reason you are making it sound like they can do no wrong. I respect your opinion on the condition you respect those of others as well. I don't think it's fair to dismiss the experience of people from other forums simply because you do not know them. They have been dealing with iforged longer than the Z community I'll tell you that. If you read the two links I posted, it will become apparent that these aren't isolated incidents. I would think that since Vince's reputation in the other forums is already tarnished, he will be focusing more of his attention on Z enthusiasts as opposed to everyone equally. As far as their operation is concerned, you have no idea how their business is run and what their philosophy is. You are merely speaking from your perception of things and drawing conclusions. I could care less who has iforged and who doesn't, I just think all the cards should be on the table for those in the market for rims since they might have less knowledge of this than the rest of us. I don't understand why you can't accept this.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:36 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jet_M3...

You may very well be right about iForged trying to right by the 350Z community to make up for past transgressions. If so, isn't that a good sign they are trying to improve.

What better way, from a marketing standpoint, to get back in good with other car owners who may have had bad experiences with their brand. If they get a bunch of Z owners to have good experiences, then other car owners may start looking at "what they have done lately" instead of in the past.

I don't think iForged is perfect by any means... it took them almost 14 weeks to get me my wheels, dammit!!! But looking at trends, it seems to me they are trying to improve those areas people have problems with.

Clearcoat problems? They have recently changed clearcoat vendors to the same shop that does HRE

Order to delivery times? I know they have overshot 8 weeks many times, but all recent accounts (on this forum) seem to indicate people are getting their wheels in at right at 8 weeks.

Customer service? I can't speak for others, but I have never had trouble reaching someone at iForged and, if I have to leave a message, Vince always calls me back.

Offsets problems? Again, the only case I have read (that's not to say they're are not others) is my own... induced by a mistake on my part... that iForged is fixing at no charge!

I'm not saying they are right for everyone, but I do think they are conscious of their "shaky" reputation and are trying to repair it. Something that cannot be said for others (go read some threads about ATI Procharger customer service... bad with no signs of attempted improvement... and people are still ordering their SC kit for the Z at $5K+)

I applaud anyone who posts a firsthand account of their experience with a vendor, manufacturer, Nissan, etc... whether ther report is good or bad. That way the rest of us can make informed decisions.

What bothers me is when a couple forum posters continue to create new threads or jump on other's threads to continue the same bashing of one topic. This thread aside, I bet if you do a search of "iForged", you will find all the posts about problems with Vince/iForged (that do not center around delivery times) come from 2 or 3 people on this site and that they post on almost every thread with iForged in the title.

Last edited by mcduck; 06-27-2003 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:52 PM
Jet_M3

Originally posted by mcduck
Jet_M3...What bothers me is when a couple forum posters continue to create new threads or jump on other's threads to continue the same bashing of one topic. This thread aside, I bet if you do a search of "iForged", you will find all the posts about problems with Vince/iForged (that do not center around delivery times) come from 2 or 3 people on this site and that they post on almost every thread with iForged in the title.
Am I correct in assuming that you are not making reference to me?
Old 06-27-2003, 01:27 PM
DURSO

Offsets problems? Again, the only case I have read (that's not to say they're are not others) is my own... induced by a mistake on my part... that iForged is fixing at no charge!

Ask 2003z about his rears....I believe he is running a 3mm spacer!

I think that iForged would fix it for him at no charge as well, but how long will he be without them.

As I said before, attention to detail is sub par!
Old 06-27-2003, 08:41 PM
ZZtopp

I[*]No offense to ZZtopp... it does sound like you are having a horrible time with iForged... but you seem to be the exception on this board. Every other my350z.com post, by someone with firsthand experience seems to be good. In the occasional cases where something wasn't right, I think iForged has fixed the problem every time.
My first hand experience is that they are blatant thieves. Screw late deliveries, cracked welds, peeling clearcoat, offset issues, etc.......these MF'ers are crooks, pure and simple, and that's enough for me to dismiss them as a company to avoid.

You seem to think that it's okay to have so many complaints and quality issues as long as they make an attempt to fix it. How about this for a concept: wheels are delivered as promised everytime and the quality is exceptional. For $2000+ per set, it should be that way, regardless of the pricing of similar wheels, such as HRE. A deal is good one only if you get the same thing for less money...not if you're rolling the dice when you make your purchase.

I'm glad for those who had a good experience with these guys, but don't whitewash the risk to others just because you're so damn happy.