Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Nismo S-Tune installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 11:21 AM
KJ-350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to hear about the set-up, overall would you say its worth the $$? or would you say its not really worth it as far as the parts and results and are people just paying alot more for this set-up b/c its "NISMO"

oh, and how is the "bouce" factor Vs stock
Old 08-11-2003, 12:14 PM
ZISBAK

Originally posted by islandsnow
I'm hoping there will be no feathering issues, i didn't install any camber kits. So far i can't see any weird wear on my tires yet. I guess some cars came from the factory a bit off, i've heard though that you can get them very close to spec even with the larger tires so that you didn't need the camber kits, but so far i've left mine as is from the factory. I'll let you know if my tires start wearing weird.

That sounds good! and keep us update on the mileage status! thanks.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:41 PM
KONVERTER

you will notice over time that new suspensions will settle down and drop slightly..

like 1/4 of an inch..
Old 08-12-2003, 09:44 AM
jtesensky

How must did you pay for the suspension kit?
Old 08-12-2003, 10:13 AM
TimZ

Originally posted by KJ-350
[B]good to hear about the set-up, overall would you say its worth the $$? or would you say its not really worth it as far as the parts and results and are people just paying alot more for this set-up b/c its "NISMO"
I posed a similar question in another thread about the comparisons between a Nismo S-tune kit and Eibach springs. There is no doubt that the Nismo kit will improve the car's handling and looks, but wouldn't just adding Eibachs do about the same thing for much less monies? While it is true that the Nismo kit includes shocks/struts and looks nice, the $1000 savings (cost of Nismo kit minus Eibach) can be used for some other improvement or can pay for shocks/struts in the future when needed.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:56 PM
islandsnow

the kit costs about 1700 bucks, thats all the springs/shocks/struts/sway bars, bushings. To install it all, another 2-300 bucks. Not cheap, even more if a dealer installs it. What you get for that price? A nissan tested suspension which will guarantee the parts if installed at a nissan dealer. I never had my bilsteins from my previous car wear out so i forgave the guarantee and had it installed at an aftermarket shop. There still is a bit of bounce like off a huge speed bump, but i guess this amount is needed to keep the ride fairly liveable for daily driving. My second choice was actually just buying eibachs and bilsteins, but you are taking the chance that each aftermarket part will work well with each other or might not. So far i heard good things about the eibachs, many vendors now sell adjustable sway bars, can't go wrong with bilsteins, so either way, if you can save money and get a good ride, take the way you want. I had the eibach/bilstein setup on my old car (300zx), just wanted to try something new that's all. The car already handled pretty good, it just makes it a little stiffer, a little more fun around those sweepers. If you want race components, go for the R-Tune. This kit happens to work great with my rim setup, some of you with stock rims or smaller might want to lower a bit more so coil overs might be better for some out there but the better ones cost just as much as the nismo kit.