Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Got INTRO FORGED evolution rims in 20 inch

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 07:28 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mcduck
Devil's advocate again here...

I read through this thread and the customer service problems cited all have to do with the turnaround time on the wheels, which even us that are happy with our orders admitted needed to be improved.

If you read through that entire thread, the guys who did get iForged wheels where happy with the quality when the finally got them.

I think if iForged could just admit to themselves that they cannot guarantee an 8 week turnaround and tell people it will take 8-12 weeks to get their wheels, they'd have much happier customers. It may cost them a few that don't want to wait that long, but the PR gains would be better for them.

Again, I say it comes back to... can you stand waiting a few weeks longer than they say it will take to have a very nice quality 3pc wheel at a good price?
I guess if you look hard enough, you can find some good anywhere. They say Hitler liked dogs...he must have been a good guy then..just misunderstood.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:08 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read through this thread and the customer service problems cited all have to do with the turnaround time on the wheels
There was more customer service problems than that. First the guy was told a date (later than expected), then it got pushed back again. THen they said this guy's wheels were lost (probably just an excuse for more time). Then they *found* them. They TOLD HIM HE COULD PICK UP THE RIMS. when he got there 3 of his wheels were not even together and the 4th was whole but had a flaw. Plus the wheels were drilled w/ holes he DID NOT WANT. THEN he couldn't get a hold of Vince, despite many different telephone calls to different numbers. When he got ahold of Vince, he didnt offer any kind of apology and HUNG UP ON HIM. Now the guy isn't getting replies to any of his emails.

I dont see how you can defend this. Just b/c you have iforged wheels doesnt make this not a F-ed up situation. That's shady and I will never do business with them.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:16 PM
rodH

I read through this thread and the customer service problems cited all have to do with the turnaround time on the wheels, which even us that are happy with our orders admitted needed to be improved.

If you read through that entire thread, the guys who did get iForged wheels where happy with the quality when the finally got them.

I think if iForged could just admit to themselves that they cannot guarantee an 8 week turnaround and tell people it will take 8-12 weeks to get their wheels, they'd have much happier customers. It may cost them a few that don't want to wait that long, but the PR gains would be better for them.

Again, I say it comes back to... can you stand waiting a few weeks longer than they say it will take to have a very nice quality 3pc wheel at a good price?
agreed, it shouldn't matter that much since it takes sooo freakin long to get most Volk shipped over anyway. (so either way I was planning on waiting)
Old 07-11-2003, 08:04 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by TJZ
There was more customer service problems than that. First the guy was told a date (later than expected), then it got pushed back again. THen they said this guy's wheels were lost (probably just an excuse for more time). Then they *found* them. They TOLD HIM HE COULD PICK UP THE RIMS. when he got there 3 of his wheels were not even together and the 4th was whole but had a flaw. Plus the wheels were drilled w/ holes he DID NOT WANT. THEN he couldn't get a hold of Vince, despite many different telephone calls to different numbers. When he got ahold of Vince, he didnt offer any kind of apology and HUNG UP ON HIM. Now the guy isn't getting replies to any of his emails.

I dont see how you can defend this. Just b/c you have iforged wheels doesnt make this not a F-ed up situation. That's shady and I will never do business with them.
Absolutely. These guys seem to treat some people right, and others like crap. Why a few chosen iForged customers seem driven to defend these creeps in the face of such testimony and encourage others to do business with them is beyond me.

I have never seen so many negative posts about a wheel company in my life. The wheels look nice, but not THAT nice....the price is good for custom wheels, but not THAT good...certainly not good enough to put up with such crap and do business with liars and thieves.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:33 PM
rodH

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Why a few chosen iForged customers seem driven to defend these creeps in the face of such testimony and encourage others to do business with them is beyond me.

I think it has something to do with the fact that some of us that have dealt with iForged had a different experience with them that you did, and we are just trying to tell our side, like you tell yours. Thats all, nothing more.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:45 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by rodH
I think it has something to do with the fact that some of us that have dealt with iForged had a different experience with them that you did, and we are just trying to tell our side, like you tell yours. Thats all, nothing more.
Unfortunately, you're in the vast minority...and I don't think that's because people don't report positive experiences. Just about everybody on these types of forums love to report and post photos when they get their new wheels. Funny, I can't find any negative posts about Volk, HRE, etc.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:31 AM
shortbusrydaz808

Default come'on

fa real
stop crying, you said what you had to say ad I'm sure by now you know others have their own opinion.
Let it go, your side was pushed enough, thanks again for you story but you can only push it so far and how many times will you repeat yourself. Like LIFE, all the crying will get you nowhere.

how old are you lil man? no matter it shows.....
Old 07-12-2003, 07:40 AM
ZZtopp

Default Re: come'on

Originally posted by shortbusrydaz808
fa real
stop crying, you said what you had to say ad I'm sure by now you know others have their own opinion.
Let it go, your side was pushed enough, thanks again for you story but you can only push it so far and how many times will you repeat yourself. Like LIFE, all the crying will get you nowhere.

how old are you lil man? no matter it shows.....
Who's crying, brudda? I'm sure I'll hear I'll your pissing and moaning all the way from Hawaii when you wait forever for your wheels and then finally get a set that's screwed up in some way.

How old am I? Old enough to know you made a bad decision and now you're trying to convince yourself it was the right one. It must be great to have a car like the Z on Hawaii with no place to really drive it, huh lil man? Of course if you're putting 20" wheels on the car, that means you're strictly into looks instead of real performance....you should have bought an Eclipse.....then you'd have more money left for stupid mods....you don't need a real sports car, anyway.

Sorry, but you started it.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:13 AM
all_bark

blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah.

Jeez, end this dam debate.
Old 07-13-2003, 06:38 PM
R1Rider

Default My .02

Overall, I like the look of my iForged Aeros. But, I'm a bit let down by the quality of the clear coat, since I've been able to spay it off both the front wheels with a regular garden hose. Vince is still trying to lay the blame on the tire shop that mounted them. I've argued with the tire shop to try to get them to pay for the re-clear so much that they've told me not to come back. Now, my right front has developed an air leak where the rim pieces are bolted together. Yes, it is the rim. I put the whole wheel/tire in a tub of water and it's bubbling between two of the bolts. So, let me sum up my iForged experience and leave it to others to decide if they wish to purchase from iForged:

1) Got in on first group buy. Waited nearly 4 whole months to receive wheels.

2) Received wheels, but they had the wrong rim peices on all 4. Had to send them back to iForged.

3) Received the correct wheels approximately 2 weeks later.

4) 2 days later, the clear starts peeling off the front wheel. I call Vince and tell him that the tire shop put a small chip in the clear of one of the wheels while mounting. This chip started the big peeling issue. He's trying to get me to blame the tire shop for the problem. In less than a week, the other front started peeling around the lug holes. Again, in two weeks time, I have no clear on the front wheels.

I've given up on the clear coat fight, as the raw aluminum doesn't seem that hard to maintain, but I want the damn air leak fixed. Will be contacting Vince this week.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:56 AM
jake280

Originally posted by ares
no offense, but I think Id never pay full price for iforged, those prices are HRE territory and HRE>>>>>>>>>iforged, do a few searches on here and you'll understand. their not bad rims for the group buy prices they had, but full price is too much.

nice car tho.

hey do you think paying 4,400 for iforged 3 peice wheel 19inch is way to much?? comes with nitto tires and blance also making sure the tire pressure system works?
Old 09-01-2003, 04:46 AM
KONVERTER

those iForged wheels look like they are HEAVY!
Old 09-01-2003, 01:14 PM
shortbusrydaz808

Default price

i think 4400 for 19's with nitto is way too much
I paid 3900 for 20 inch iforged evo rims with brigestone potenza so3 pole position tires
Old 09-01-2003, 01:20 PM
jake280

i think 4400 for 19's with nitto is way too much
I paid 3900 for 20 inch iforged evo rims with brigestone potenza so3 pole position tires

What does the evo rims look like? are they in the 3 peice category?
Old 09-01-2003, 01:44 PM
shortbusrydaz808

Default anotha pic

sweet
Attached Thumbnails Got INTRO FORGED evolution rims in 20 inch-copy-of-115_1535.jpg  
Old 09-01-2003, 01:48 PM
shortbusrydaz808

Default yep

3 piece
Old 09-01-2003, 01:50 PM
shortbusrydaz808

Default signature pic

how do I get my pic to work
Old 09-01-2003, 04:35 PM
jake280

nice rims, nice girl posing for them too lolz
Old 09-01-2003, 07:37 PM
iForged

Default Re: signature pic

shortbusrydaz808,
your wheels are 2 piece not 3 piece. 3 piece wheels are much more expensive
Old 09-01-2003, 07:41 PM
jake280

Vincent

I thought evolution are 3 piece, are they not?
Because Sprint and Evolution fall under same category?
And the ones that i order sprint they had told me its 3 piece??

Quick Reply: Got INTRO FORGED evolution rims in 20 inch