shortbusrydaz808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got INTRO FORGED evolution rims in 20 inch

I got the 20 inch
9.0 in the front with 3.5 inch lip
10. inch in the rear with 4.5 inch lip

high polished

a custom made rim

It will fit perfectly, a friend of mine with a 350z got the i forged aero's with the same size and lip.

all good
what ya think
Old 07-09-2003, 04:46 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no offense, but I think Id never pay full price for iforged, those prices are HRE territory and HRE>>>>>>>>>iforged, do a few searches on here and you'll understand. their not bad rims for the group buy prices they had, but full price is too much.

nice car tho.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:47 PM
ZZtopp

Get out while you still can.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:54 AM
shortbusrydaz808

Default price

no one said I paid that price, I got it way cheaper.
my friend owns a tire/rim shop here in hawaii
plus got potenza so3 tires, best on the market for next to nothing

He hooked me up

laters bro
Old 07-10-2003, 07:12 AM
ares
Veteran

oh ok, that makes a big difference, I just saw the pic you posted, 1000$ each. and well you know, thatd be crazy... not the lightest forged rims around, or the most continuous quality. but they do offer sizes and designs that arent offered by people like volk and work, and whatnot.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:41 AM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ares
oh ok, that makes a big difference, I just saw the pic you posted, 1000$ each. and well you know, thatd be crazy... not the lightest forged rims around, or the most continuous quality. but they do offer sizes and designs that arent offered by people like volk and work, and whatnot.
outside of Volk TEs and Enkei autocross rims and the track rims, that is pretty dang light.

btw, I still think HRE are another few hundred-500 more per wheel.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:48 AM
rodH

Originally posted by ares
ares, I am not sure if people find it their moral responsibility to rip on iFOrged wheels on this site or not, BUT, if you are ever in socal, do yourself a favor and give Vince a call and tour the facility and see what they do there. I think it might change your mind about the quality of the rims lately. I was just there 2 days ago and they were building some sets for some Porsche GT-2s, 20" 3 piece, they were AMAZING. I really think you would be surprised, and Vince is an open guy and would welcome it (hell bring your digi cam if you want). For those that think iFOrged is going away, there are somethings that have recently changed that is helping them grow more than ever, to be honest that was welcome news.

btw, can we make a "sticky" from ZZ and others that have had a bad expereinces with iFOrged and leave it at the top, instead of he and others highjacking EVERY iForged post on the board??? it is getting old, I know he feels like it is his moral obligation (which I am fine with), but on everythread it is getting to be too much??
Old 07-10-2003, 10:29 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by rodH
btw, can we make a "sticky" from ZZ and others that have had a bad expereinces with iFOrged and leave it at the top, instead of he and others highjacking EVERY iForged post on the board??? it is getting old, I know he feels like it is his moral obligation (which I am fine with), but on everythread it is getting to be too much??
Did my one line "hijack" this thread? Well, here you go...let's get real.

Guess what? YOU'RE experience with iForged is not the only one that counts. If you feel the need to defend them all the time that's fine, but these guys attempted to steal $1100 from me when they were not entitled to it...IN WRITNG. They even charged my credit card immediately AFTER I cancelled my order, which was before work had ever begun on my wheels. You want to do business with scum like this? Sure...let's take our little DV cam and tour their facility...ooooooh...how cool.

I suggest to anyone considering doing business with iForged to search the Audi, BMW and Corvette forums....and they'll find that the negative posts far outweight the positive.

You like these guys? Good for you. Many people do not read past posts, and just as you feel compelled to defend your buddies, I'll be right there to inform everyone about my personal experiences. Nothing could have been more blatant, and they will regret their actions.

What do they offer? A cheaper version of HRE wheels with questionable quality, abhorrent delivery schedules, and more excuses than a ***** going to jail. Is it worth it? Maybe to some, but not to me.

There...now I've "hijacked" your thread.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:01 AM
rodH

Originally posted by ZZtopp
Did my one line "hijack" this thread? Well, here you go...let's get real.

Guess what? YOU'RE experience with iForged is not the only one that counts. If you feel the need to defend them all the time that's fine, but these guys attempted to steal $1100 from me when they were not entitled to it...IN WRITNG. They even charged my credit card immediately AFTER I cancelled my order, which was before work had ever begun on my wheels. You want to do business with scum like this? Sure...let's take our little DV cam and tour their facility...ooooooh...how cool.

I suggest to anyone considering doing business with iForged to search the Audi, BMW and Corvette forums....and they'll find that the negative posts far outweight the positive.

You like these guys? Good for you. Many people do not read past posts, and just as you feel compelled to defend your buddies, I'll be right there to inform everyone about my personal experiences. Nothing could have been more blatant, and they will regret their actions.

What do they offer? A cheaper version of HRE wheels with questionable quality, abhorrent delivery schedules, and more excuses than a ***** going to jail. Is it worth it? Maybe to some, but not to me.

There...now I've "hijacked" your thread.
dude, I understand what you are saying, I had a good expereince with them, you didn't, I respect that. I just got tired of posting on every iForged post defending them, with my good expereince. I don't doubt your story, I think they are heading in a different direction lately with some changes to the company.

maybe ares can take what you just wrote and post it as a "sticky" and we can leave it at that (I understand how you want to get your word out, and I don't have a problem with that AT ALL, it is your right, if you were screwed, and that is your recourse, fine).

PEACE
Old 07-10-2003, 11:06 AM
shortbusrydaz808

Default quality

so for the guys saying all this negative stuff about iforged can you explain how in your opinion iforged rims are of such a crappy quality because I would like to know. I think they are a better rim than hre, and you can get any size or style you like. Also to me for a 20 inch, 25 lbs is light brother.

please inform me

thanks and aloha
D
Old 07-10-2003, 11:31 AM
rodH

Default Re: quality

Originally posted by shortbusrydaz808
so for the guys saying all this negative stuff about iforged can you explain how in your opinion iforged rims are of such a crappy quality because I would like to know. I think they are a better rim than hre, and you can get any size or style you like. Also to me for a 20 inch, 25 lbs is light brother.

please inform me

thanks and aloha
D
do a search where Zland came up to look at my iForged wheels and compared them to his HREs (pics included). He has seen and touched each in person.

the quality issues have been fixed, they used to use a certain painter who used PPG paint/clearcoat (which SUCKED), then they changed to Sikkens and the quality got better, now the use teh EXACT same painter as HRE.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:39 AM
ZZtopp

Default Re: quality

Originally posted by shortbusrydaz808

please inform me

thanks and aloha
D
Do a search...not just on this site but on others. Things like peeling clearcoat, offset errors, poor brushed aluminum textures,
are not uncommon....and these are only the things we can see. Just because they recently switched to the same clearcoat company as HRE doesn't make their wheels the same.

These are things posted by not one or two individuals, but literally dozens...not to mention their customer service. If these posts were the exception rather than the rule, I would give them no creedence, but it's just the opposite. I know here are those who have had a great experience with iForged, and I'm happy for them, but you should not have to gamble when you're spending so much money. This is the reason I cancelled soon after I placed my order, and they showed their true colors by trying to rip me off. They could have done the honest thing, but they chose not to...so much for things improving over there. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Regardless, good luck.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:46 AM
mcduck

I can't agree more with this. I hate that ZZtopp had a bad experience with iForged and wish things would work out better for him, but the only time I see him post on this forum is when a thread is posted about iForged and he has to jump in with his horror story... post a sticky for him for goodness sake.

Oh, and while I'm at it, ZZtopp...
the contract from iForged doesn't stipulate "from start of construction". The exact wording is...
"Any order cancelled after submission will be subject to penalty fee not to exceed 50% of the total order value, depending on the amount of work completed prior to cancellation."
Work may bo considered to be from start of construction, from when materials are ordered, or from the time the order is received. I'm not saying this is right or that it's fair, but I have far less sympathy for someone who does not read the fine print to find out what their getting into than someone who is really getting screwed. You got cold feet after submission of your order so iForged is within their legal rights, by the contract you agreed to, to keep 50% of the cost of the wheels. I hope you find a way to work things out with them 'cause you won't win this fight in court.

For anyone else reading, I really do believe ZZtopp has gotten a raw deal, but it is partially his own fault. As for those "other" horror stories, I have but two things to say...

First, you always hear more from those complaining than those satisfied with a product.

Second, almost all of the "horror" stories you read about being posted on other forums are "a friend of a friend ordered iForged" or "my brother knew a guy who had a friend who ordered iForged"... very few are 1st person accounts. I think if you check the 1st person accounts on this board (including mine), you'll find that with the exception of ZZtopp and maybe 1 or 2 others, everyone who has ordered iForged wheels for their 350Z are very happy with them. And what's more important... these are recent accounts... maybe iForged had serious issues in the past, but they seem to be doing right by most customers now.

For my part, I waited almost 16 weeks for my iForgeds to arrive. I then had to send them back because I spec-ed them wrong... Vince offerred to correct them for free! For a mistake that I made, not them... and they will be returned this week. After almost 4 1/2 months, I have waited a long time... too long many would say... but every time I look at the wheels on my car I know those many are wrong because you can't touch the look or quality of what I have on my Z anywhere else for what I paid.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:55 AM
rodH

ZZ, offset problems are the fault of the buyer and NOT VInce, VInce doesn't tell people what to order b/c he doesn't want to deliver something other than what the customer was expecting.

He leaves this in the hands of the customer unless he has a pic of a car already done and he can guide you to it and say what offset taht owner has.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:13 PM
ares
Veteran

I guess 2003Z is the person to ask about that, maybe he did order the wrong offsets, but Im pretty sure he said vince got it wrong, he has spacers on his back rims, not by choice but because they rubbed his calipers.

I also dont think anyone here paid full price for them... would any of the iforged owners actually toss out 4000$ for the rims you got? that was more or less the basis of my whole statement if you read it again.

there are lots of stories about friends of friends, but put all that aside. in then end you typicly get a good rim, it just takes FOREVER to get them, and you might get a run around in the mean time. not the worst thing in the world, but you should atleast be aware of it.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:25 PM
ZZtopp

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mcduck
[B]I can't agree more with this. I hate that ZZtopp had a bad experience with iForged and wish things would work out better for him, but the only time I see him post on this forum is when a thread is posted about iForged and he has to jump in with his horror story... post a sticky for him for goodness sake.

Oh, and while I'm at it, ZZtopp...
the contract from iForged doesn't stipulate "from start of construction". The exact wording is...
"Any order cancelled after submission will be subject to penalty fee not to exceed 50% of the total order value, depending on the amount of work completed prior to cancellation."
Work may bo considered to be from start of construction, from when materials are ordered, or from the time the order is received. I'm not saying this is right or that it's fair, but I have far less sympathy for someone who does not read the fine print to find out what their getting into than someone who is really getting screwed. You got cold feet after submission of your order so iForged is within their legal rights, by the contract you agreed to, to keep 50% of the cost of the wheels. I hope you find a way to work things out with them 'cause you won't win this fight in court.

QUOTE]

I spoke to Vince and May 19th and he said they wouldn't start working on my wheels until June 2. I sent an e-mail at 1:32 PM May 27 PST, cancelling my order. They charged my credit card two hours after this e-mail was sent.

Read the contract again... it says "depending upon the amount of work completed prior to cancellation." NO WORK HAD BEEN COMPETED. IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT ORDERING MATERIALS. And even if that we're the case, what did they do..order materials that they couldn't use for other, similar wheels? And you're saying the materials were worth 50%? I'm a machinist.. if they have $300 metal cost in all four wheels they're getting ripped off. Had Vince called and wanted to work out some more realistic percentage, that might have been more acceptable to me, but to suddenly charge the card right after I cancelled is a blatant act of thievery. They way they handled it was the same as someone picking my pocket.

You know what? My credit card company reviewed all the material and they sided with me.....and THEY are the ones who told me exactly when IForged charged my account. I didn't even know that until they told me. They said they couldn't believe it....

I've shown this documentation to an attorney, and you are mistaken..they are not within their legal rights. I was happily prepared to take this court if I had to, and IForged would have ending up paying a lot more than $1100. They'll end up paying more regardless....people do read these boards. Had they done the right thing, I would never say a word about them, other than to say that I was treated fairly when I decided to cancel.

For company that has such bad press already to do this is just plain stupid....like I was going to just let them pull this crap and not say a word? Yeah, right. As I said before, it wasn't the money. $1100 isn't going to change my life. It's the principal...and to see these guys continuously defended by those who got lucky makes me sick......but I'm sure OJ still has some friends as well.

There is another point of view beside yours, and I have right to voice here so others can make their own decision.

Last edited by ZZtopp; 07-10-2003 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:58 PM
mcduck

There is another point of view beside yours, and I have right to voice here so others can make their own decision.
I agree and you should also post your experience... you just don't need to do it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER ....

Read the contract again... it says "depending upon the amount of work completed prior to cancellation." NO WORK HAD BEEN COMPETED.
Umm... did you place an order? Someone had to take your order... process the work order... order the materials... those are all work. They are not "manual construction of your wheels" work, but it is work. If no one had done the "paperwork" and "part ordering work" when you ordered your Z, then no "manual work" to construct your Z would have ever occurred.

As I stated in my prior post, I don't believe it is fair that you were charged 50%, but work most certainly did occur... and when your card was charged is irrelevant. It is not uncommon for payment for services to be collected after services are rendered.

Good luck trying to work things out and trying to get your money back. I really do hope things work out to your satisfaction... I just suspect they will not.

As for the forum... I'd just like to see you offer something new to the discussion instead of the same information we can read in dozens of other threads, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER ...
Old 07-10-2003, 01:01 PM
2003z

My offset problem.

I had Vince set determine and make comparable offsets to skidazzles 8.5" and 9.5" Volks because I like where they sit. The offsets are fine, and sit just where I want them. However, Vince was unaware that the Track model had Brembos on all 4 corners, and thought the rear was standard brakes. He probably should have known better, but I was the first Track model to order, and its a new car. I also should have asked if he knew they were like that, but didn't think of it.

The reason my wheels don't clear the brembos is because the rear pad isn't long enough to clear them and still have a 4" lip. It is also why iforged no longer offers 4" lips for rear wheels with brembos.

Vince offered for me to send them back and fix them, however, I had already sold my old wheels and didn't want to do that. As an alternative, I asked him about using wheel spacers. (the wheels actually cleared when cold by about 1/2mm, but slightly touch when hot). He offered to, and followed through, by overnighting me a set of 3mm spacers, at my suggestion.

They are great high quality wheels, and Intro Customs has a great reputation in the aftermarket truck industry. They are the actual manufacturer for Vince. In fact, when looking for hubcentric rings, I went to a local discount tire, they called Intro Wheels, and told them I had iforged aeros on a 350Z and Intro sent me hubrings at no charge.

Would I have paid $4000 for them, no, but then again, I wouldn't pay 4000 for any set of wheels.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:43 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by mcduck
I agree and you should also post your experience... you just don't need to do it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER ....

Umm... did you place an order? Someone had to take your order... process the work order... order the materials... those are all work. They are not "manual construction of your wheels" work, but it is work. If no one had done the "paperwork" and "part ordering work" when you ordered your Z, then no "manual work" to construct your Z would have ever occurred.

As I stated in my prior post, I don't believe it is fair that you were charged 50%, but work most certainly did occur... and when your card was charged is irrelevant. It is not uncommon for payment for services to be collected after services are rendered.

Good luck trying to work things out and trying to get your money back. I really do hope things work out to your satisfaction... I just suspect they will not.

As for the forum... I'd just like to see you offer something new to the discussion instead of the same information we can read in dozens of other threads, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER ...

Wow.....that's a lot of "over and over...." Dude, chill out.

I could say the same thing about the incessant positive spins you and others who got lucky put on iForged. "Things are getting better...." Yeah, they tried to screw me a month ago, but NOW things are getting better.....gimme a break.

I only posted one smart a$$ line on this thread...I just felt bad for a guy way over in Hawaii wasting phone charges on Vince's latest line of excuses. You guys had to jump in the mix like the iForged avenging angels of death......you upped the ante, not me. I've never seen such loyalty for such a worthless cause. Oh well, perhaps there 's more to it that I don't know.

And, uh, and things did work out to my satisfaction......didn't you read my post OVER AND OVER AND OVER.....

I'm glad your wheels turned well (they do look great) but to dismiss the problem and encourage others to do business with them is only fair if you also point out the risk... and there is risk.

Peace.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:52 PM
shortbusrydaz808

Default got ya

thanks

I'm getting my iforged evolutions

Quick Reply: Got INTRO FORGED evolution rims in 20 inch