Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volks is very nice. How about other brand? HRE, OZ, and ADR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 01:40 PM
initial_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volks is very nice. How about other brand? HRE, OZ, and ADR?

Hi Z lovers,
I been looking at all the volks rims that people bought in this forum. They all very nice! I was thinking by going different brand of rims like HRE, OZ or ADR? Here is some pictures I would like share with everyone. Please give me some suggestions would they look good on my track DB 350Z. I really like the HRE 446R and 447R. BTW, if I am looking to buy front 19X9.5 and rear 19X10.5 . Would it fit? what is offset? I am a n00b about rims and wheels.
First picture is 446r's
Attached Thumbnails Volks is very nice. How about other brand? HRE, OZ, and ADR?-enlarge-446r.jpg  
Old 07-29-2003, 01:41 PM
initial_Z

447r
Attached Thumbnails Volks is very nice. How about other brand? HRE, OZ, and ADR?-enlarge-447r.jpg  
Old 07-29-2003, 01:46 PM
initial_Z

AND last one ADR m-sport
I will leave the site here since the picture is too big to attach.
click here for the ADR msport rims
Old 07-29-2003, 01:52 PM
MSOsr

I just purchased 445Rs and they are gorgeous!

Don't worry about offsets when you purchase from HRE...the wheels are made specially for your car, so if you choose a wider rim, they allow for it when building the wheel.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:55 PM
LaoSiFu

I don't think you can compare ADR with HRE,OZ and Volks. Have you consider look at Advan? Those are the rims I'am aiming for.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:21 PM
initial_Z

I don't think you can compare ADR with HRE,OZ and Volks. Have you consider look at Advan? Those are the rims I'am aiming for.
So HRE, Volks, QZ, and Advan are on the same line? I mean in qualitywise, since they all pretty expensive. Thanks for the information guys, this helped me a lot!!
Old 07-29-2003, 06:10 PM
biscotti

HRE's are amongst the most expensive wheels that money can buy, they also have an excellent reputation for quality, I think that they are in a league of their own. That said, there are other quality rims available that won't break the bank. Alot of members have Volks and these are knowledgeable people. If you like the HRE 446r, you should have a look at OZ Galileo III. This is a similar style and is a 3 piece rim, not cheap though. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:44 PM
LaoSiFu

and plus isn't HRE really made for Euro's car than Japanese import?
Old 07-29-2003, 09:09 PM
initial_Z

you should have a look at OZ Galileo III. This is a similar style and is a 3 piece rim
YEAH! I been looking at that one too. That is a nice one.
Alot of members have Volks and these are knowledgeable people.
YES, THEY are . I been reading about their stories. I feel i have a lot more to learn.
and plus isn't HRE really made for Euro's car than Japanese import?
YES, that is very true.

I think i am going to take my time on the rims, since the track rims are already nice enough . Thx for the info pplz.
Old 07-29-2003, 09:22 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HREs are NICE!!! I dont even know what styles they have, I looked for about 10.3seconds, and realized they often go for around a grand each. OUCH! if you got the money and dont mind spending it, do not doubt for a second that HRE is the best rim out there(twice as good as rays to justify its ~double cost? I donno, but their definitly nice)

volks make a great rim as well, but they are not custom as HREs are. but they are much cheaper, 5-600$ a rim.

donno much about the rest, as they didnt have styles that appealed to me, and weight was important, the TE37s while they may not be flashy at all, they appealed to me with their simple styling, and ~18lb weight was the lightest rim short of the gram lights(also rays) or some sort of racing rim(no styling at all)
Old 07-30-2003, 06:37 AM
blaque

Japanese car, japanese wheels. I have the Meister S1 3-pc, same wt as the TE37s. Try this ...

http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/index/
Old 07-30-2003, 09:34 AM
LaoSiFu

blaque: I give you the LaoSiFu's thumb up. I just love those Work Meister rims. Pretty hardcore JDM rims. How many souls did you had to trade in for one of those rim.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:08 PM
A_FIVE-O's_350Z

Smile ADR is cheap!!!

I agree with LaoSiFu. You can't compare ADR against HRE, Volk, or OZ.
No offense to you Z guys with ADR's. I just don't understand how you can buy a 30 Grand Sports car and spend $1000 bucks for a set of 4 cheap *** ADR M-Sports. I would rather keep my stock wheels. My buddy that owns a rim shop told me he sends back about 5 wheels a month to ADR aka Golden Apple inc. for cracking. I know of a guy in Houston who has a set of 19 inch ADR M-Sports and took the center caps off so no one would know they were ADR's. Not only that, the kid has the nerve to tell me they were BBS wheels. Why be a poser? Save up a little more and get some nice wheels instead of perpetrating. Hey kid with the Daytona Blue 350Z put your ADR caps back on and tell people you have ADR wheels with pride!!!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:55 AM
initial_Z

Hey kid with the Daytona Blue 350Z put your ADR caps back on and tell people you have ADR wheels with pride!!!
I think you misunderstood my question. I did not understand rims very well, I just been told by my friends which brand has "good looking" rims; I did not konw the quality on each of those brands. I wasn't worry about money since I work VERY hard. I just want to make sure I spend my money on the "RIGHT" thing, and make my Z a little different than others. BTW, I am young, but i am not a "KID". Thanks for your comments tho, I appreciated.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:02 PM
A_FIVE-O's_350Z

Initial_Z,

I am not calling you a kid. I meant the guy/kid in Houston with the Daytona Blue 350Z. No negativity towards you at all. I was just on my soapbox about cheap wheels. You can't go wrong with HRE, Volk, or OZ. Good luck on your search, post some pics when you finally get them mounted on your Z.