Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Performance Nissan in Duarte Damages My LE Volks!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Dynasty.Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get the ones with anodized lips then.

I'm gonna get RE30's in their really dark brushed gunmetal finish, washing shouldn't be an issue.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:36 AM
dj.kickz

Luckily I know the guys that do the washing for my dealer so they know to only wash my car by hand and use nothing but soap and water.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:30 AM
Zridder19

damn
Old 11-20-2008, 09:34 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Sucks man. Although I have to say, I bought a (supposedly) brand new set of LE's from a member here and the first thing I noticed was the rainbow colored splotches on the lips. I don't really mind it since I have to be in the right lighting, at the right angle, and they have to be 100% clean for me to see it. But if yours were perfect before you took it in and then they screwed it up, then yeah I'd be pissed too.

EDIT: If you go the route of having another wheel shop make the repairs, you should first get them to quote the job on paper, then take that quote to Performance and have them sign a document of some sort that commits them to reimburse you for the wheel shop invoice. Maybe even get it notarized. Can never be too careful when dealing with scum that this guy at Perf. Nissan apparently is.

By the way where is Performance Nissan on this one? They post here all of the time it seems...

Last edited by sry110; 11-20-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Any update?
Old 11-20-2008, 11:17 AM
itsjiggajames

rainbow effect / slight blotching happens on ALL LE37s.. they are more prone to it for some reason.. the lips on the LE series are different then the lips on the other volk series like the GT, but the way yours are is unacceptable.. =(

Also, After I wash the car I always use meguires spray on detailer to dry my rims.. then I put a coat of NXT wax. My lips have been good so far.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:00 PM
jordaven

I also had a bad experience similar to yours at a nearby dealer in El Monte I believe its called Power Nissan El Monte. Horrible service and the managers there don't give a S*&T about your problems. So fellas try and stay away from this spot also!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:36 PM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea the retarded car washes is exactly why I dont go to the dealer. Stick with smaller specialty shops and you will find your rims are never touched.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:47 PM
VENOMSZ

It never ends...Nissan dealerships just ruin everything.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:38 PM
ohSIXz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think everyone has had a bad experience somewhere! maybe not THIS bad and some may be a whole lot worse.

OP- i thought i was going insane trying to find a wax to use on my GTS cuz i have some very small scratches on my lips. and youve got lips that look like that?!

no matter what happens if u keep the wheels, you should just do matte black lips or something.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:51 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

dealerships FTMFL!!!

I had a bad experience at west covina nissan as well. I specifically told them NOT to wash my Z, but sure enough, they washed it. What's even worse is that the service guy comes up to me and tells me some BS story about how they have to "check paint quality because theyve been getting complaints so they used some special duster to clean it up"

Im not stupid, I know when my Z's been washed. Water in the door/hatch seals, water in the side mirrors, etc. Its blatantly obvious. They should have come clean instead of make up some BS lie to try to cover it up.

I hope you get a new set of Volks. My LE37's were unharmed.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
rainbow effect / slight blotching happens on ALL LE37s.. they are more prone to it for some reason.. the lips on the LE series are different then the lips on the other volk series like the GT, but the way yours are is unacceptable.. =(

Also, After I wash the car I always use meguires spray on detailer to dry my rims.. then I put a coat of NXT wax. My lips have been good so far.

+1....The lame patented diamond cut lip and its ghey clear coat.. Don't use any cleaner...just soap and water then dry quickly. Your only option is to get them re-surfaced ( polished or chrome ). and its not cheap and might be uber difficult only because its not a 2 piece wheel...or just pwder coat the whole thing. Why were you at the dealer in the 1st place?....never go there - evil....
Old 11-20-2008, 06:45 PM
costilla

[QUOTE=ohSIXz;6585378]i think everyone has had a bad experience somewhere! maybe not THIS bad and some may be a whole lot worse.

Back in '02 I lived in phoenix and I was trying to trade in my car at Bell pontiac dealership and I had a set of racing hart type c's the orignals and the salesperson took my car to test drive it. well we were doing the paperwork and I decided to wait. So me and wife left and walk to my car and I noticed it look flat. The closer I got, I saw two of my rims bent bad. Now I'm a calm person, but not my wife. She tore them a new a@@hole. Well they gave me a check to buy new ones. I ended up getting the M5's cause the type c's were discountinued. I guess you will have to talk to the main manager to get this resolved. GL. Btw, why buy volks for daily driving if they are so hard to keep clean? I learned to not buy expensive wheels anymore. My type c were 17's and cost me 2200 back in '98.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:13 AM
vnarang

Damn that sucks. Is there any update?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 PM
CAVZ33

Update: After seeking legal advice, it appears that my only option is small claims court, which frankly is just not worth the trouble for me.

After a few hours of working on them wasn't easy, they look good enough, with the exception of 2 minor imperfections and that rainbow effect. It would've been great if they could've at the very least taken care of this themselves.

Last edited by CAVZ33; 11-26-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

First off, on behalf of the service department, I apologize on what happened and it really shouldn't have. I saw your Z sitting here for the longest time and I was wondering what was going on with it. I didn't want to get involved as the service department is a complete separate entity from our department so I left it alone. Now I know that I should have known better. Who was your service writer? It couldn't have been Tim cause he would never let this happen.

These kinds of things happen to any shop or any dealer. No one is perfect, what really counts is how the situation is dealt with. I am going to get involved in this and make sure the right thing is done. Let me talk to the service manager and I will update the thread. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Sergio07350Z

^+1 nice to see that Andy is going to do something about it.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This "Rainbow Effect" you speak of, i have seen on a bunch of Le's including my own... Am i missing something?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

CAVZ33, you got PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:32 PM
kelsey_kaye

perfect example of why andy gets so much support.

Quick Reply: Performance Nissan in Duarte Damages My LE Volks!!!!!