Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Performance Nissan in Duarte Damages My LE Volks!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:06 PM
CAVZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Nissan in Duarte Damages My LE Volks!!!!!

Well, the story is that I took my Z for some installs and I made sure to tell the service advisor not to have it washed, just as I always do. But guess what??? It was washed anyway, and as a result, all 4 of my wheels were ruined. After discovering this, I talked to Performance and only asked for a repair, not a new set of wheels, so they were cool with that.

I take my Z back on a Saturday and it takes them almost a month to get it back to me. I figured, fine, as long it’s done right, I was okay… Guess what?! I finally get a call to go pick it up. It’s dark by the time I get to Performance, so I’m not able to take a look at them. Plus, my dumb *** was hopeful that since Performance always ensures a job well done, I wouldn’t be disappointed. WRONG!!! I get home and turn on the lights in my garage to see what a horrible job was done on my wheels after a month of waiting. For starters, one of the wheels looks the same way it did before-there is nothing that tells me it was ever worked on. The rest of the wheels have scratches on the lip/clear coat, and the clear coat itself looks like crap!

Anyway, I call the service advisor and leave him a message and I also PM him. I get a response that says I have to talk to his manager. I call the manager, admittedly a little hotheaded due to the circumstances, and tell him the problem, trying to explain my frustration over the duration of the repairs, and the final results. He starts copping an attitude and, to summarize, tells me that they are not in the business of repairing wheels and that the reason it took so long was that the shop that he uses was busy and he had to use new shop (something to that effect).

He also stated that it wasn’t their fault and tried to blame the detailers they used. He had the gall to insinuate that they’d been nice enough to even repair them. Like they had done me a favor by even suggesting repairs on their dollar!!! I ask you-how in the world could it NOT have been their fault, if THEY are the ones that contracted the detailers, and it was done on THEIR property?! So, this gets me even more upset, because, after all, I just can’t believe he’s being so condescending.

He also told me that the shop was in a hurry to get the wheels out since they’d taken so long already, so they’d forgotten to color sand them and buff them. What?! Why would you give a customer an unfinished product?

At one point he tells me that he’ll take care of it, and I respond that I do not want that same shop touching my wheels anymore, and that I also don’t want to wait around some more for my car to be ready, being that I need my car because my daily driver is on the fritz. One other thing that upset me was that it was plain to me that nobody from Performance actually LOOKED at my wheels before turning the car over to me. The wheels were dusty, so unless you cleaned off the dust, there was no way to determine whether the job was done right or not. To add insult to injury, he told me he didn’t want to argue with me anymore, and told me to go out and buy new wheels. As fed up as I was, I told him that he was going to hear from my attorney. He clicked on me, and that was that.

I just can’t believe that after me spending thousands of dollars at Performance they would treat me like this. What great customer service!!!!! At this point, the only thing I do apologize for is allowing myself to get heated. But I have to wonder who wouldn’t have reacted the same way, after getting a set of rare and still mint $2600 wheels ruined by a car wash and having to wait a month for repairs, to end up getting them back all still ruined!!!!!

The only thing I will accept now is a new set of wheels!!! As everybody knows, Volks has a special anodized clear and no shop can repair them. So Performance, you had your chance to make things right and failed. After this mess, I don’t want any more repairs. I want what I had before, which was a new set of wheels.

Performance has been wonderful over the past few years. I’ve referred family and friends to them, even to the point where they’ve purchased vehicles from them. It’s too bad that it’s gotten to the point where I’m going to need to contact a lawyer.

Sorry for the longwinded rant.

Here’s what they looked like after the initial damage/car wash:

Here’s what they look like now/“repaired” (hah!):

Last edited by CAVZ33; 11-19-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:11 PM
TacoMadre

Wow man that blows....I hope you get this resolved.

BTW...you should have this moved to the tech area for wheels and tires, it'll get more views there.

Last edited by TacoMadre; 11-19-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
haeshik

damn, that is facked up. i would hire an attorney also and get this mess straightened out
Old 11-19-2008, 07:28 PM
phorbo007

WTF that's some fawked up ****. Doesn't Performance Nissan sell Volk wheels also?? They should freaking know better.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
shystieone

i think performance uses Seidner's collision. they're like a block away. I bought my 08 Z from them back in july, noticed a HUGE dent on the roof that looked like someone did a bad job touching up, and 2 rock chips/cracks on front bumper, driver side skirt. THey offered to fix it.. after waiting two weeks, the car came back, and i noticed there were MAD scratches where teh dent on the roof used to be, hazing on certain parts of the car (driver door, fender, side skirt, etc.).. i made sure i NEVER went back there. Add insult to injury, during the time they had my car, I got a 06 SATURN ION.. jesus christ!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 PM
haeshik

Originally Posted by phorbo007
WTF that's some fawked up ****. Doesn't Performance Nissan sell Volk wheels also?? They should freaking know better.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM
hiz-n-herz

So sorry to hear that bro. I take it these are LE37's?

The best wheel EVER for a 350.

I would have went down there to yell at them in person.

If I were you, I'd take them to a wheel repair shop - Pay whatever the amount is that it costs to get them fixed right and present Performance with the bill. You gave them one chance to fix them. Also have the wheel repair shop state the nature and probable cause of the damage in writing along with an estimate in case you have to go to small claims.

Of course they will never be the same. Can't replace the anodized clear. You can get the lip stripped and polished, but not sure if you can retain the machined look of the lip. Then you'll have to continue to polish them with aluminum polish to keep them looking good.

Let me know if you decide to get rid of them, though. I might buy them from you.

Last edited by hiz-n-herz; 11-19-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Sergio07350Z

Wow! that really sucks!!!
Get your attorney right away who knows you might end up getting 2 sets of volks when your done!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by TacoMadre
Wow man that blows....I hope you get this resolved.

BTW...you should have this moved to the tech area for wheels and tires, it'll get more views there.
+1, this thread shouldnt be here. Sorry to hear that OP...
Old 11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Waiting to see Performance Nissan's response.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Sergio07350Z

^+1 Now I'm getting scared to take my car for service at Performance..ugh..
Old 11-19-2008, 08:52 PM
CAVZ33

Man, I didn't even realize I put it in the wrong section! Thank you all for the support.

Mods-can you please move this thread to the correct section? Thanks Yobri for the move.

Last edited by CAVZ33; 11-19-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:16 PM
CAVZ33

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
So sorry to hear that bro. I take it these are LE37's?

The best wheel EVER for a 350.

I would have went down there to yell at them in person.

If I were you, I'd take them to a wheel repair shop - Pay whatever the amount is that it costs to get them fixed right and present Performance with the bill. You gave them one chance to fix them. Also have the wheel repair shop state the nature and probable cause of the damage in writing along with an estimate in case you have to go to small claims.

Of course they will never be the same. Can't replace the anodized clear. You can get the lip stripped and polished, but not sure if you can retain the machined look of the lip. Then you'll have to continue to polish them with aluminum polish to keep them looking good.

Let me know if you decide to get rid of them, though. I might buy them from you.

Yeah, you're right-they're the LE37's. I was lucky enough to get one of the last sets. I waited 3+ months for them.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:18 PM
OldDirty Z33

Sorry to hear about that. hope it gets fixed.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 PM
flynbrin

im sure they'll take care of it

maybe Andy@performance can try to help ya
Old 11-19-2008, 09:34 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk to the owner. If you get nowhere with the owner then take them to small claims court. Record all conversations.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:50 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude.. that really bites... GL with the ordeal..
Old 11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my worst nightmare. I havent taken my car since I got my wheels, a year ago and have only driven 2,500 miles in the year. Im gonna have to go for an oil change soon but Im going to west covina, I dont think they have the courtesy wash, i think. Sometimes I feel like taking the wheels off before it goes to any shop but seems so ****.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Dynasty.Zero

Originally Posted by xxxlino
my worst nightmare. I havent taken my car since I got my wheels, a year ago and have only driven 2,500 miles in the year. Im gonna have to go for an oil change soon but Im going to west covina, I dont think they have the courtesy wash, i think. Sometimes I feel like taking the wheels off before it goes to any shop but seems so ****.
Be careful LOL.

https://my350z.com/forum/southern-ca...t-so-good.html

Why don't you just go to any decent performance shop to get your oil change?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:38 PM
calin
Banned

I'm thinking of getting some Volks myself but I'm really scared that something like this might happen to me too. Some people might think it's not that big of a deal...but when you're spending thousands of dollars on wheels, I think it is

Good luck getting some new wheels OP, hope it all works out for you

Quick Reply: Performance Nissan in Duarte Damages My LE Volks!!!!!