Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Concept Rims

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Chineseguy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dan avoN7
I've owned Volk Racing, Work, and Rota wheels. There is nothing wrong with Rota wheels and I've been extremely happy with the quality, performance, and price. Hell just look at the Rota P45R thread in the members gallery, there are hundreds of happy owners. It seems the only people with bad things to say are the Volk nut swingers that have never owned a set of Rotas
LMAO!!

I use to be happy with my rotas...... until they cracked....
I also owned Work Emotions, Gramlight 57 Maximum, and Rota P45R. currently I'm rolling on Volk Racing CE28N now and playing it safe. Thank GOD those Rotas didn't crack completely when i was driving or i wouldn't be posting.

Funny thing is the Rota "looked" the strongest. i guess it wasn't....

Good luck!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:03 AM
jdmrwd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chineseguy
LMAO!!

I use to be happy with my rotas...... until they cracked....
I also owned Work Emotions, Gramlight 57 Maximum, and Rota P45R. currently I'm rolling on Volk Racing CE28N now and playing it safe. Thank GOD those Rotas didn't crack completely when i was driving or i wouldn't be posting.

Funny thing is the Rota "looked" the strongest. i guess it wasn't....

Good luck!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Chineseguy

Originally Posted by jdmrwd
i need not even post pictures. Theres probably more pictures of cracked Rotas than Z owners that own JWT Popchargers.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by Chineseguy
i need not even post pictures. Theres probably more pictures of cracked Rotas than Z owners that own JWT Popchargers.

There should be a new saying: "There are 2 types of Rota owners in this world. Those whose wheels have cracked, and those whose wheels are going to crack."
Old 12-14-2008, 10:01 AM
banshee

I think those wheels are pretty sick... Would be interesting to see in different colors... And to get back on the "real" topic... I will probably be rolling with Rotas soon, but if I really didn't mind spending 4x as much on wheels I would get some Volks... this comes from absolutely zero personal experience.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Chineseguy

Originally Posted by banshee
I think those wheels are pretty sick... Would be interesting to see in different colors... And to get back on the "real" topic... I will probably be rolling with Rotas soon, but if I really didn't mind spending 4x as much on wheels I would get some Volks... this comes from absolutely zero personal experience.
Dont get me wrong. Rotas are good rims. just dont keep em for to long.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:55 PM
black06z

Those wheels are f'n ugly and would be a f'n bit$% to wash.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:43 PM
D3VIL-Z

those look just like neon rims to me also... its kinda like the srt-4 neon rims on steroids
Old 12-16-2008, 12:17 AM
vnarang

remind me of x5 for sure
Old 12-21-2008, 07:09 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jdmrwd
I'd be happy to post his cracked P45R wheel, afterall there is a reason he isn't sharing the pictures (because the crack was his fault).

Here is his wheel

What he failed to mention was that he drove with a flat tire for a VERY LONG time. If you look at the picture you will notice a very dark ring around the center of the tire. This ring happens when you drive on a tire that has considerably low tire pressure. Everyone knows that without air in your tires there will be very little protection between the road and your wheel, if you happen to strike a pothole chances are you will crack a wheel. (I've seen it happen time and time again with all sorts of wheels including Work, Gramlight, Volk, etc.. Any wheel is prone to cracking/bending given enough force, and a flat tire does not help..)

Rota P45R's are very common on 350Z's and this is the first cracked one I've seen on this forum in the 4+ years these wheels have been on the market (and it wasn't the wheels fault). I've had customers slam in to potholes and their wheels are in perfect condition. I've had customers slam in to curbs at 30mph+ where the wheel took all of the impact and the only result was a minor bend in the lip and the tire actually popped because the impact was so hard.

Speak to people with actual experience with Rota wheels instead of the "fanboys" and you will see they are strong quality wheels. Here's a thread in the motorsports section where people with actual experience have shared their opinions on Rota wheels, and gasp... they are all positive reviews!

https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-r...ace-track.html

-Dan

Last edited by WheelDude.com; 12-21-2008 at 07:13 PM.