Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Immediate Release

February 19, 2009 - Duarte, CA

Due to poor exchange rates, effective March 1st 2009, RAYS Wheels (VOLK Racing, Gram Lights, 57Motorsports, etc) will be increasing in MSRP pricing. This price structure will also effect other lines such as ARC, Project Mu, Yokohama/ADVAN wheels.

If any of you have current pending orders with your authorized dealer that were placed before March 1st, please confirm that you are not effected by this price increase. All customer's that have pending orders for any of these lines with MyNISMO/Performance NISSAN of Duarte will not be effected by this price update. We encourage all of you to take advantage of the current pricing structure before the increase to get the most aggressive market pricing for these lines.

MyNISMO/Performance NISSAN of Duarte
1434 Buena Vista St
Duarte, CA 91010
www.mynismo.com

Last edited by Andy@Performance; 02-19-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume this is in addition to the previous increase laid on us a few months back?
This is really hindering my wheel trading... sigh.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:04 AM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by lgear080
I assume this is in addition to the previous increase laid on us a few months back?
There goes my shot at volks
Old 02-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

The last price update has already been in effect. Unfortunately, with the way the economy is, the exchange rate, the weakness of the dollar; it makes sense why the price increase is being set in place. Many other Japanese manufacturer's are also increasing their pricing such as ings+1, BRIDE, etc.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:08 AM
got556

This is getting a bit outta hand....reminds me of buying ammo for my AR's and AK's. At one time it was reasonably priced, but now the ammo suppliers/manuf. have used every excuse in the book to justify ammo increasing nearly 400% in price the last 3 years....

Some companies are just greedy and know people will still pay w/out bitching too much.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 AM
got556

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
The last price update has already been in effect. Unfortunately, with the way the economy is, the exchange rate, the weakness of the dollar; it makes sense why the price increase is being set in place. Many other Japanese manufacturer's are also increasing their pricing such as ings+1, BRIDE, etc.

Ya cuz getting more people to buy your stuff by increasing prices twice in 3 months or so in a failing economy is a smart thing to do.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a positive note - all used items are trading very soft bc everyone
needs cash...
Old 02-19-2009, 09:17 AM
got556

On a positive note - all used items are trading very soft bc everyone
needs cash...
Which should be these manufacturers first idea that this isn't a good idea.

Is it safe to assume that aside from racing teams, the US is Rays, Yoko/Advan, ARC, Project Mu largest buyers? Probably get the most advertisement/talk here in the US also.

And if thats the case (not sure if it is or not) I'm just gonna say way to stick it to your largest base.

ARC and PM are over priced anyways. Yoko/Advan was alright in price but if they go much higher they'll be in overpriced territory. Rays....well it sounds like they're feelin a bit like ARC these days.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea...I experienced this w/ some voltex love..I waited 6 months then got hosed...
Old 02-19-2009, 09:19 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,304 Likes on 904 Posts

This is part of the worldwide economic crisis; Japanese companies are being squeezed due to the continuing rise in the value of the yen. The dollar is simply not holding up as well and what companies could make just a few months ago is now a deficit. How can any company (much less Rays, Nissan or whoever) be expected to sell products and LOSE money on them?!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by got556
This is getting a bit outta hand....reminds me of buying ammo for my AR's and AK's. At one time it was reasonably priced, but now the ammo suppliers/manuf. have used every excuse in the book to justify ammo increasing nearly 400% in price the last 3 years....

Some companies are just greedy and know people will still pay w/out bitching too much.
I think firearm sales is a little different. They are raising price due to the increase in demand. I've visited our local gun runner shop and it is crazy how packed it always is and how they're sold out of everything. The reason why I have been looking into firearm's is because with Obama in the House, firearm laws will change for sure. On top of that, just the general quality of life in the U.S is going down. The unemployment rate is at its highest in history with the job market also being at its worse which will only result in increase in crime. When all hell breaks loose, the only thing that will really protect your freedom will be by defense and I think this is what people are preparing for. Well the smart ones anyway.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Ya cuz getting more people to buy your stuff by increasing prices twice in 3 months or so in a failing economy is a smart thing to do.
You say that as if I'm the one increasing the pricing. I think you really need to evaluate this with an open mind and consider all variables that are happening in current events, not only domestically but globally.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Crom
Yea...I experienced this w/ some voltex love..I waited 6 months then got hosed...
I got Voltex kits coming in, Joe.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:25 AM
got556

I think firearm sales is a little different. They are raising price due to the increase in demand. I've visited our local gun runner shop and it is crazy how packed it always is and how they're sold out of everything. The reason why I have been looking into firearm's is because with Obama in the House, firearm laws will change for sure. On top of that, just the general quality of life in the U.S is going down. The unemployment rate is at its highest in history with the job market also being at its worse which will only result in increase in crime. When all hell breaks loose, the only thing that will really protect your freedom will be by defense and I think this is what people are preparing for. Well the smart ones anyway.
That fine and I applaud you for this. We need more gunowners in the US. But w/ that said I said ammo. Ammo in the past 3 years or so. Not guns. Gun prices never went up til right before Obama was elected. Ammo on the other hand has been constantly rising by shocking rates making it almost impossible to enjoy the hobby anymore.

But that's OT and I apologize.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by dkmura
This is part of the worldwide economic crisis; Japanese companies are being squeezed due to the continuing rise in the value of the yen. The dollar is simply not holding up as well and what companies could make just a few months ago is now a deficit. How can any company (much less Rays, Nissan or whoever) be expected to sell products and LOSE money on them?!
It is always a breath of fresh air when a forum member can comprehend from more than just a end-user's perspective. Kudos to you!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
got556

You say that as if I'm the one increasing the pricing. I think you really need to evaluate this with an open mind and consider all variables that are happening in current events, not only domestically but globally.
Andy, no I'm not implying you're raising the prices. I understand you have no control over that. But I will say that like ammo, I've yet to see a good excuse as to why they're raising prices....demand is not raising for these wheels in this economy, plain and simple. Gas is just fine, so they can't say **** about it causing transport/shipping/etc to go up. Metals...well metals haven't done much in the past year or so....

I'm gonna chalk'em up as greedy.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

That fine and I applaud you for this. We need more gunowners in the US. But w/ that said I said ammo. Ammo in the past 3 years or so. Not guns. Gun prices never went up til right before Obama was elected. Ammo on the other hand has been constantly rising by shocking rates making it almost impossible to enjoy the hobby anymore.

But that's OT and I apologize.
No worries. I have to admit, I am definitely new to the game when it comes to firearms so I have no idea about the rising prices in ammo.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Gag83

Damn wasnt there just a price increase in june or july?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:30 AM
got556

It is always a breath of fresh air when a forum member can comprehend from more than just a end-user's perspective. Kudos to you!

Does it really cost Rays $3000 or so to make 4 wheels? or lets say even $2000.

$10 said if they brought their prices back down a bit they'd open up more sales and still make money.

You can't tell me ARC is losing money on each product made.....I'd love to know their profit rate.

They're losing money b/c paying the bills/paying workers/etc comes every month or so. Sales dont for overpriced parts.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Gag83
Damn wasnt there just a price increase in june or july?
Yes, July 1st, 2008 was the last price increase.

Last edited by Andy@Performance; 02-19-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply: For Immediate Release