I need help, if you lowered your Z, please post a pic

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 07:07 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default I need help, if you lowered your Z, please post a pic

Can all of you do me a favor please? Please post your picture of your Z if you lowered it. I am trying to decide what looks and works best. If you could, also tell me how much you dropped it or how high it is above your tires.

BTW, I am ready to buy suspension and I am mostly debating between Tein Flex with EDFC or Nismo S. I rode in Nismo S and loved it but do not like the stock looking ht (yes it says it drops it 20mm but it looked stock to me). I am a little worried about Tein Flex and wondering about durabilty, handling, camber if lowered.

I will pick the best best option. I just wish I could lower the Nismo S and still have as good of handling. I also love the idea of EDFC, adjustable ride within the car that Tein has.

I need help to make a decision so please help me out....thanks, Jeff

Last edited by zland; 09-13-2003 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:20 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine. Lowered with Eibachs. Drop was 3/4" on all corners.
Attached Thumbnails I need help, if you lowered your Z, please post a pic-lowered-side.jpg  
Old 09-13-2003, 07:34 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Wow, that .75 drop looks lower than the 20mm (which is .8) drop on the Mossy Nissan car with Nismo S. I thought Eibach's were 1.2 drop in rear and .8 ft?

BTW, Greg told me he had Eibach's on that car before he changed it to Nismo and it was lower than the Nismo. He also said he was scraping a lot. Have you had that problem?
Old 09-13-2003, 07:51 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

I've got pics of the measurements before and after and it definately was only 3/4". I put 500 miles on it before I took the final measurement too. I don't know why mine came out even like it did.

I haven't scrapped the chassis or front lip yet but if I pull into my slanted driveway at the wrong angle or speed I lightly scrape the right tip of my Borla exhaust (it's a 1/4" lower then the left, something I need to fix).

The dealer has a problem getting it off their alignment rack too. They have to put some boards under the rear. It goes on fine but they have trouble getting it off.

There are very few speed bumps up here or where I drive. Everyday driving has never been a problem.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:59 PM
westpak
SFZCC

I installed Eibachs, see here for pics with visual aids, the tires are bigger than stock in diameter by about .7 or .35 closer to fender.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=32228
Old 09-13-2003, 10:38 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by zwindsor
I've got pics of the measurements before and after and it definately was only 3/4". I put 500 miles on it before I took the final measurement too. I don't know why mine came out even like it did.

I haven't scrapped the chassis or front lip yet but if I pull into my slanted driveway at the wrong angle or speed I lightly scrape the right tip of my Borla exhaust (it's a 1/4" lower then the left, something I need to fix).

The dealer has a problem getting it off their alignment rack too. They have to put some boards under the rear. It goes on fine but they have trouble getting it off.

There are very few speed bumps up here or where I drive. Everyday driving has never been a problem.
I was thinking of going at least an inch lower than stock. You seem to be having some problems at .75". Has anyone lowered an inch or more? I am wondering if it is worth it or would I regret it? I sure l;ove the way some of those 911 and M3's I see where the wheels are just about even with the fender. Maybe our fender hts are too high to achieve that look?
Old 09-14-2003, 02:05 AM
jimster716

Tein Flex with EDFC. Don't know exactly how much lowering...just lowered it until i was happy with it. Camber in front is out of spec...rears are within spec but barely.

Old 09-14-2003, 07:27 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

jimster716:

Wow, you got the height exactly how I want mine! I hope you can give me a lot more information?

1. How is the ride, rough or not? you got EDFC/Tein flex, do you like it?
2. Are you bottoming out a lot? Is it hard to exit driveways and speed bumps?
3. Can I bother you to go out and measure the ht from top of tire to fender? Actually, if you got a digital camera, I would love it if you could take 2 pics and post them. The first one close up with maybe a tape measure showing fender to tire gap. @nd pic showing car from straight on side view/profile.
4. You live in Anaheim, i live about 1 hour 15 min away in Oceanside. I would love to drive up today or anytime you can see me so I can ride in it to check out handling/ride. Is that posssible?

You can really help me out here, I love the visual set up of your Z and I am ready to decide on suspension. Details like where you purchased it, installation and alignment etc are imporatnat too. I will pm you now, check it.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 09-14-2003, 07:30 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Opps, I cant pm you, you do not have that option... Ok, here is my e-mail address. If it is possible, e-mail me or pm me your phone number and I will call you....thanks, Jeff

jeffwisener@yahoo.com
Old 09-16-2003, 08:35 AM
ColecatZ

1.8 in the front/ 1.5 in the rear
Attached Thumbnails I need help, if you lowered your Z, please post a pic-lemanz_350_640.jpg  
Old 09-16-2003, 08:41 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

ColecatZ
How do you like those JIC's? Are you bottoming out a lot with that big drop?

Jeff
Old 09-16-2003, 10:43 AM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tein Flex- Like Jimster I lowered until I was happy. The front was untouched and is sitting at the default 10mm drop. The rear was dropped another 15mm to 25mm (25 to 35m total).

Sorry so dark- but it's the best pic I have on my HDD at work.
Attached Thumbnails I need help, if you lowered your Z, please post a pic-350zside.jpg  
Old 09-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Tein Flex with EDFC, lowered with 1 finger gap all around. Very happy with the outcome.
Attached Thumbnails I need help, if you lowered your Z, please post a pic-my-z-lr.jpg  
Old 09-16-2003, 01:15 PM
ZRated03

Moodie.. Your Z is beautiful. It looks almost TOO CLEAN in that picture. lol Keep it clean man, def. looks like a show. Oh, and gotta love those rims. I might look into getting a set.. where'd you get em' and how much if you don't mind me askin?

- Joe
Old 09-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default You have PM, Zrated03

Old 09-16-2003, 01:24 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

you have a pm moodie!
Old 09-16-2003, 01:35 PM
ColecatZ

Originally posted by zland
ColecatZ
How do you like those JIC's? Are you bottoming out a lot with that big drop?

Jeff
no, incline need to be addressed at a wider angle but I don't bottom out. I have an occasional encounter with the bump stop whenver an unexpected pothole or stray speedbump arises.

I love the JIC setup though, it's a little more stiff than the other setups from what I've gathered from others members but I think it is perfect.........I went with the progressive springs in the rear to make ir more livable....my car is daily driven.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:04 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kg/mm. 3/4 inch drop.
Attached Thumbnails I need help, if you lowered your Z, please post a pic-z-pictures-kgmm-013-brightencrop.jpg  
Old 09-16-2003, 05:23 PM
R3z4

What is the maximum drop for both coilovers??
Old 09-16-2003, 05:25 PM
noel

Default W/Eibachs Pro Kit

Only fits one finger front & rear...
Attached Thumbnails I need help, if you lowered your Z, please post a pic-img_0978.jpg  

Quick Reply: I need help, if you lowered your Z, please post a pic