Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Wheel bearing issue / Where to purchace.??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:56 PM
e-town

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel bearing issue / Where to purchace.??

I have a 2003 350z preformance edition with 45,000 miles &
I believe that my right front wheel bearing has gone dry. It squeals intermittently(squeals about 50% of the time). Seeming unaffected by the use of my brakes, which i just replaced. Pads and rotors. It is a horrible sound very loud at times. It makes a "eeeeeeee" sound that seems to be much louder at low speeds.

Does this sound like a dry/failure of a wheel bearing?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where i can purchase a right front wheel bearing? I refuse to go to any of the stealerships here (in Canada) because the markup on parts is insane and the labor is about 110 - 115 an hour!!

I looked on the net via google and it seems that this part is not normally stocked by the online retailers I have found.

Thanks

Scott In Edmonton
Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
foreveryoung

Doesn't sound like a wheel bearing at all.Wheels bearings howl when they are worn,never squeal.Check to make sure the backing plate isn't touching the rotor and you may even have a small rock lodged between the back of the rotor and the backing plate.Rocks make a horrid noise that can come and go.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:11 PM
e-town

Nothing is lodged. I removed the rotors and calipers, replaced the rotors and brakes. Everything looks good. I also read somewhere that if a bearing becomes dry because of contamination it can squeal a metal on metal kind of sound. Thats what i am hearing. I purchased a wheel bearing assembly today from the stealership today for $230.00. if i am feeling motivated i will install it tonight.

scott
Old 04-22-2009, 08:59 PM
tally350z

I had the same issue in my wheel baring. But mine caused vibration pretty bad. Replaced it last weekend and everything is fixed..
Good luck