Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

iForged Aero vs. 5Zigen Hyper 5

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 06:52 PM
stockjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iForged Aero vs. 5Zigen Hyper 5

I'm trying to decide on 18" chrome wheels for a black Touring and so far like the iForged Aero and the 5Zigen Hyper 5. Has anybody seen both and have an opinion which would look better? I'm also open to recommendations on any other wheels which might look sharp, not gaudy. Also, I don't care for the rivet look. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:04 AM
DrDrilZ

when do you want your wheels? if you want them this year, i would suggest the 5Zigens. if you dont mind waiting, i like the look of the iforged much better. quality wise, i couldnt tell you which one is better, but ive never heard of any complaints about 5zigen.
Old 09-24-2003, 03:34 PM
sm-4

the 5zigen hyper 5zr's dont come in 18s if thats what youre talking about, only in 19s and 20s with the rivets.

http://www.5zigenusa.com/gallery.html
Old 10-01-2003, 12:08 AM
spoonsport

Also look at the R-1 Racing Wheels. They have a wheel that looks like the 5-Zigen. The look-a-like my not have great quality
Old 10-01-2003, 04:34 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

R1 Racing is a ricer company, they don't even make fitment sizes for the Z.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:22 AM
Todd@ProDyno

Gorgeous 19s
Old 10-01-2003, 08:45 AM
thumper90501

I personally like the look of the Zigen's over the FS Aero Polished. But the chroming is gonna add another dime to the cost of the Hyper ZR's.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:45 AM
ZZtopp

If you don't mind peeling clearcoat, cracked welds, or waiting forever, buy the IForged.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:08 AM
Kevin@DTDirect

ouch!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Edretti

I think their wait time has reduced considerably. You have to remember when you get group buys on top of the regular orders they get throughout the day from around the world they can get backed up. I just ordered my second set of wheels 2 weeks ago and I'm 2 weeks away from getting my wheels. Yes, a lot shorter then the original 8 weeks for my first set. Plus they've resolved the clear coat issue. This set I have coming are clear coated. The company that clear coats HRE's is clearing these. Don't know anything about cracked welds. I think both wheels are beautiful. I was personally torn between the 5zigens and the IForged. In the end when I put these wheels on and all the friggen attention I get with them....I'm happy. Plus they've helped me take 1st place twice last month in car shows. Get the IForgeds!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:56 PM
havabooz

whats your second set of wheels edretti?
Old 10-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Edretti

The same Aero's except these will have brushed aluminum spokes and the entire wheel will be clear coated. I think the brushed will look very nice with the silver and the clear coat will make my life a lot easier!
Old 10-01-2003, 06:06 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by Edretti
I think their wait time has reduced considerably. You have to remember when you get group buys on top of the regular orders they get throughout the day from around the world they can get backed up. I just ordered my second set of wheels 2 weeks ago and I'm 2 weeks away from getting my wheels. Yes, a lot shorter then the original 8 weeks for my first set. Plus they've resolved the clear coat issue. This set I have coming are clear coated. The company that clear coats HRE's is clearing these. Don't know anything about cracked welds. I think both wheels are beautiful. I was personally torn between the 5zigens and the IForged. In the end when I put these wheels on and all the friggen attention I get with them....I'm happy. Plus they've helped me take 1st place twice last month in car shows. Get the IForgeds!
There's no question the wheels look great, but it's always a crap shoot when you deal with IForged. Search this site, and other car forums. The horror stories are never ending and they far outweigh the positive ones. Funny...I haven't seen one bad story about the 5Zigens, Discount Tires, Volks, etc.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Edretti

I certainly can't argue that. I was apart of the second group buy and read lots of horror stories. Trust me, I'm getting no kick back to pump them up. I just think that happens when you deal with large group buys and mistakes are going to happen. I think the biggest deal of that whole mess was the lack of communication. I think that's improved and I say that from experience. Either way..I don't see how he can lose with either wheel. I'm just a little biased..
Old 10-01-2003, 06:21 PM
havabooz

the only problem with iforged is getting in touch with them

but i solved that problem..i have vinces cell (but i cant really give it out)

that wouldnt be nice now would it
Old 10-01-2003, 06:39 PM
stockjock

Thanks, guys, for the great input. The more I know, the more undecided I get. Now I'm also looking at the BC Forged BC06 and BC09 which are pretty much similar types as the Aero's and the Hyper ZR's. Any thoughts on the BC's will also be appreciated. Also, polished works as well as chrome for me.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:44 PM
tylerdurden

I might be in the minority but I'm not diggin chrome wheels, too flashy. Gunmetal is clean and mean.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Ralphus

I think the 5zigen hyper 5zr are the best looking wheel you can get for the 350z, it just matches the car, the way the bars are shaped just looks like they belong.

The 3pc. version of the 5zigen is really nice on the G35, but I think I like the cleaner look of the non-studded 2pc. goes better on the 350z.

Those Aero's are nice too, but personally I think their service/quality is too questionable. HRE's is too expensive. Check out BCforged, they make some nice styles (and price)!
Old 10-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Ralphus

Originally posted by tylerdurden
I might be in the minority but I'm not diggin chrome wheels, too flashy. Gunmetal is clean and mean.
Now, I know chrome sounded like it'd be dumb on a 350 to me too, but come on, you can't deny that this car looks ridiculously good (i'd probably only do chrome on a black 350 though):

BTW, this guy should chrome his door handles.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:30 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at the 5zigen for a while as well. I think they look better in the pics than in real life, while the iForged are the opposite.

Quick Reply: iForged Aero vs. 5Zigen Hyper 5