Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Finally the new wheels are in!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009 | 01:54 PM
JZurita

Nicely done. Lower please!
Old 06-05-2009 | 01:56 PM
hockey8705

Yeah it pretty bad, but like I said I have a M3 to keep up with in the corners and the brakes are what's keeping me from doing just that!
Old 06-05-2009 | 08:20 PM
aware

hockey8705,

I'm "REALLY" New @ this kind of stuff, but what Im looking at as far as specs on those tires they "should" work fine. One thing though... when I looked at the pics of your car, one of the 1st things I noticed was the rear tires look too small/short... You sure those are the actual size tires you have installed? Or did they tell you those sizes and you didnt actually look? and 2nd... if they are the right sizes, maybe youre just driving a bit too crazy? LOL. 70mph around a corner you used to go 40? haha..

Check those tires though

They should be physically almost exactly the same size

Radius: 12.87 in
Radius: 12.74 in
Circumference: 80.89 in
Circumference: 80.07 in
Overall Diameter: 25.75 in
Overall Diameter: 25.49 in

Can't get much closer then that.

Again Im new at this but... from what I see those tires should work great and not effect the VDC at ALL.......

EDIT: But I did also just check and if you had used 35's front and back they would still have been within tollerance for the VDC and it would have looked a lot better...... I bet they didn't have any 35's in stock or they wanted to get rid of the 30's LOL. Take em back!!!!!

Last edited by aware; 06-05-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2009 | 04:43 AM
beezee

Originally Posted by hockey8705
Yeah it pretty bad, but like I said I have a M3 to keep up with in the corners and the brakes are what's keeping me from doing just that!
Don't wire your mind into thinking that car looks bad because it is not dropped. The car would look NICER with the drop. Until you are ready for a drop, enjoy your investment. Remember, there are so many variables when it comes to suspension and you need to make sure it is done right else you would regret it. Remember, it is a car and you need to enjoy the ride and not just the looks.
Old 06-06-2009 | 05:09 AM
aware

Default It came to me in my sleep

I dont know why I didnt realize or think of this yesterday. I'm a mechanic 1st off hockey8705. I just work on stuff a little dif from this. (lots of electronics, wierd machines, its really kind of boring, anyways)

I have been trying to learn about this whole wheel/rim/tire/spacer crap this past week and I recently read through the "will these tires work with my vdc"<- I think thats what its called thread.

I dont remember any mention of this in that thread (maybe I missed it) but I bet reguardless of the 3% rule etc etc I bet the rear tires always have ro be at least as big as the front.

I dont know what the sensativity of the module is but I bet you it would be a good rule of thumb that if its at all posible avoid making the rear tires even a single mm smaller.

Even if the VDC doesnt think the wheel is slipping right off the bat it will think its slipping sooner.

If you get a 35 for the rear as well that will bring the specs more in line
Circumference: 80.89 in Front
Circumference: 83.47 in Rear
Edit: The 30 also gets 816 Revolutions per mile whereas the 35 only gets 782
In other words the VDC thinks the Rear tire is slipping all he time

..and the 35 is still well within the 3% (it's like 2.5% or something)

Id go back to the tire shop and *****!!!
They're supposed to be experts. Guys like me/you arent supposed to have to sit around figuring this crap out. We should just be able to ask "them" and get the "correct" answer. Id let em have it!!

GL

EDIT: 2nd what beezee said. Thats why I havent done my wheels/rims/suspension yet (and my shoes look horrible, I have lame 17's LOL) but it's better to get it right then it is to get it today. Car looks good. Take your time and get the right stuff as you can afford it. I bet you'll think it'll look a lot better once you get a 35 on the rear anyways

Last edited by aware; 06-06-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-06-2009 | 06:16 AM
hockey8705

Thanks guys for all the input and advice! I'm a little pissed off at these guys. I live in Maine and they came from Arizona! So I can't just drive down the street and ***** em out. The day I received them in the mail the front passenger wheel has two small nicks in it!! Granted you can't see it unless you get right up to it but when I pay this kind of money for them I expect them to be perfect. Plus as far as I'm aware Toyo and all tire manufactures put a small mark on the tire where they should be lined up with the velm stem when mounted to the wheel! Well guess what they didn't do that right either! Should of checked the rating on this website before I placed my orders. I'll get it taken care of Monday when they're open. My mane concern for my car is pure performance. Looks is a huge deal obviously when you drive a Z but in my opinion if you don't use it for what it was made for then it's pretty pointless to even have a car like this! It'll all come together sooner or later but it's better to take the time to do it right then waste money and time and then have to change it because you're not happy with the outcome!