Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Wheel Spacers Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 04:37 AM
Coehsp350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i know what you mean. i guess we all make errors in our life. all i know is, before i bought the spacers i researched and a lot of people that are running the same size said they have no issues. well i guess its all good. small little fix will take care of all that. thanx for all the input guys, greatly appreciated..

Originally Posted by sry110
To the OP, glad you got it figured out. I agree a slight fender roll should take care of it.

And here's my unsolicited comment of the day: I don't understand why people think it's impossible for their tires to rub just because they do not have lowering springs installed. If your offset & width combination is making the tire stick out enough, and you hit enough of a bump to make the OEM springs compress to the point where the tire wants to tuck up into the wheel well, you're going to rub.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:49 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

with stock tire sizes and no drop Im surprised your rubbing.

I havent read the whole thread but were your front tires turned when you were backing out? With 20mm spacers up front, your tires have a much better chance of hitting the fender...but then again yo dont have a drop.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Coehsp350Z

Originally Posted by zerafian
with stock tire sizes and no drop Im surprised your rubbing.

I havent read the whole thread but were your front tires turned when you were backing out? With 20mm spacers up front, your tires have a much better chance of hitting the fender...but then again yo dont have a drop.
well the rear tires were the only ones rubbing just a 1/8 of an inch though, nothing too major. I got it all fixed and taken care of. folded the inner fender well a little bit and no more rubbing
Old 07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
erichsherrill

c-ville... niice i used to live there for a couple years...cruisin down 29 in my eclipse back in the day haha
Old 07-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Coehsp350Z

Originally Posted by erichsherrill
c-ville... niice i used to live there for a couple years...cruisin down 29 in my eclipse back in the day haha
haha yea good ole 29, that gets boring after a while. How long ago did you live here? I might know you if you used to hang out with the car crowd.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Dealsgap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default weird

I have the exact spacers in the exact same size on an OEM setup and I've never had any rubbing issues...
Old 07-30-2009, 04:39 PM
erichsherrill

it was about 7 years ago. i had a black eclipse with sum white 17" rims, blitz body kit, jsp wing...i think it was the lowes parkin lot ppl would meet up at. what did you drive??
Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Coehsp350Z

Originally Posted by erichsherrill
it was about 7 years ago. i had a black eclipse with sum white 17" rims, blitz body kit, jsp wing...i think it was the lowes parkin lot ppl would meet up at. what did you drive??
i had a silver pontiac grand prix with altezza tails, custom dual exhaust, gunmetal rims and a loud *** system lol.