Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Bronze Rota P45R's on Lemans Sunset pics! And, WheelDude.com Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM
absurdparadox

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bronze Rota P45R's on Lemans Sunset pics! And, WheelDude.com Review

I recently purchased a set of Bronze Rota P45R's from WheelDude.com.

First of all, I would like to say their customer service is top notch! I e-mailed a few questions over the period of a month, since I wasn't ready to purchase just yet (waited on some stuff to sell), and they treated me with the full respect of a quick-buying customer the entire time. I interacted with Dan specifically, who was great. They really seem to understand that customer service is KEY to business.

Not only did I purchase my wheels through them, but I also bought some Nitto NT05's -- their price on them was a little higher than what I could find online, but since it came with a free mount and balance, and free shipping, it wasn't a big deal. They were roughly $10-$15 higher per tire.

Also, they let me ship them my TPMS to install into the wheels!

The only problem I had with them was the fact that who ever balanced the wheels (not sure if they outsource it or not) used silver colored weights, on the bronze wheels, and they used some HUGE ones in a big long line in a REALLY visible spot. It looks terrible, and I'm going to have it rebalanced. Not a huge deal, but would be nice to not have to deal with, you know? It also gives me a little concern about the preciseness of the manufacturing of the wheels. Could have something to do with the TPMS sensors, as well, of course.

Anyway, having said all of that, I LOVE the wheels, they look fantastic, especially with the 285's in the back. Can't wait to see how well the NT05's grip out of the hole -- they're no DR, but will better than the Nexen 3000's I had, lol. And, of course, they will certainly be fantastic in the twisties.

And now, for some pics. They were quick shots by a friend, will hopefully get some good ones this weekend.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Globalscan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the bronze with the Lemans Sunset

Looks good
Old 09-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought some bronze grids from Dan and I have the same exact things to say in my review..

the weights bother me terribly too. they look really bad and out of place. definitely need to hve them rebalanced and have the weights placed in a less visible spot..

customer service is top notch for sure though. really happy with mine.. bronze on LMS looks amazing. : )
Old 09-04-2009, 01:53 PM
CORNELL

nice. what exhaust is that custom?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:05 PM
350zDex

Nice it would look alot better with the inside of ur headlights painted all black and a nice drop!!

Oh and that looks like a motordyne shockwave (cornell)!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:00 PM
TYEster

Originally Posted by Entaille
definitely need to hve them rebalanced and have the weights placed in a less visible spot..
Weights are placed where they are on purpose. That's how the wheel becomes "balanced".
Old 09-04-2009, 05:35 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYEster
Weights are placed where they are on purpose. That's how the wheel becomes "balanced".
There's a lot of different ways to place weights instead of on the spot the machine points to. The machine locates a position to place a certain weight to balance the current state of the wheel/tire. You can place a weight on the wheel/tire prior to balancing, and it will give completely different coordinates.

It takes a bit more time than just placing the minimal number of weights according to the machine, and may not be the most attractive solution for some people wanting to use the minimal number of weights, but it can be useful for hiding weights behind the spokes.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:53 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice set of wheel. I like mine so much I can give up on changing them. wheeldude rocks... !
Old 09-06-2009, 11:32 PM
absurdparadox

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zDex
Nice it would look alot better with the inside of ur headlights painted all black and a nice drop!!

Oh and that looks like a motordyne shockwave (cornell)!!!
Yeah, I think the headlight mod is going to be next on my list. I'm afraid of jackin it up though!