Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Help a Z girl find new tires guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:53 PM
mD2MHK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
You want info? We want pics of you. Fair enough?
yea what he said
Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gabez33
suprised no one has murdered her ate the remains then shieeted them out and set them on fire for not searching..... .........
I'll chime in and treat her like any other person on this forum... No offense, but since you obviously don't drive your car like anything other than a grocery-getter (judging by the life of your tires), just go get the cheapest set of all-season or winter tires with the highest UTQG rating that will fit on your wheels. General or Nexen would be your best bet.

Last edited by mcarther101; 02-08-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:50 PM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Last year I was in the same spot, Wanted something with longer ware, Better all season, esp cold traction.

I am extremely pleased with the new BFG Super sport all seasons. Better dry traction than my previous "summer" tires. These things fricking hook up even with 475+ RWTQ
Michelin Pilot sports get noisy extremely fast. Pilot sport 2's kick *** but are sucky in cold, snowy conditions and are far from all season.
Handle better than any all season I have ever had also.
Have stayed very quite after 15k so far.
400 treadware and fairly cheap.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Valkyrie
Banned

Originally Posted by singh
i bet this isn't even a girl
Probably Fowlman posing at home getting his jollies off.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:16 PM
GalvatronType_R

Zhottie, if you have a boyfriend, you need to post pics of him in a Speedo before I can render any advice.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 PM
_STEVEO_01

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
Zhottie, if you have a boyfriend, you need to post pics of him in a Speedo before I can render any advice.
Oh Lawd, for the sake of all mankind please dont do this. I'll throw in a free set of any tires of your choice.

Galvatron, your going straight to hell.

Last edited by _STEVEO_01; 02-08-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

How come when I post a question about tires, I get maybe 3 replies (two of which tell me to search)?

I suppose being old, ugly, and male has something to do with it.

Calin called this one correctly and early in the thread (Message #3).

I need more precise information before I can answer this question. A daily temperature, rainfall, and snowfall chart would be more useful than those monthly summaries. I mean, what’s happening on Tuesday vs. Thursday? I would prefer seeing charts with line graphs and bar graphs (3D graphs are best) before I commit to providing advice.

Seriously though… Since you get great longevity (mileage) on your tires and you want one set that is appropriate year around:
  • You don’t need summer performance tires since you drive conservatively.

• You should definitely go with A/S tires since these will work year around in your climate.

I had the opportunity to drive a Mazda RX with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires. It’s just a great tire that would work perfectly year around in your climate. This tire is not great in snow and on ice, but you don’t need these capabilities. The tire is fairly expensive, but you seem to get great longevity so this mitigates the co$t and justifies going with an A/S tires that more closely approximates a performance tire.

You should get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tire. Do it… do it now.

--Spike

Last edited by Spike100; 02-08-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Zhottie

Originally Posted by Jennifer 2
Hey Zhottie, I also live in Vancouver (West Vancouver). Late last summer I changed from RE040 tires to the All Season Bridgestone RE960 you are considering. As Dhays said in his post, high performance summer tires lose all semblance of traction in cold, wet, frosty weather. This pretty much describes a typical Vancouver winter. So far I’ve found the RE960s to be an excellent wet weather tire and although it’s not a designated snow tire, it was able to handle an inch or two of snow without any trouble.

As you know RE040s and RE050s become like cranky two year olds when they get worn down. Road noise picks up, tramlining becomes more pronounced and turn-in becomes more harsh. First ride on the 960s was a revelation, comfortable, relatively quite, and all the grip I need (with my modestly spirited driving style). Although I haven’t explored the limits of their capabilities, most testers report the 960 retain a very high percentage of the performance of their summer hi-performance brethren.

RE960s seem to be in really good supply in Vancouver and I found that most of the local suppliers were willing to offer a much better deal on them than some of the other tires you mentioned. I got mine at the North Shore, OK tire shop.

Let me know if want to take my Z for a spin (not literally LOL) if you want to try out the RE960s
Hey Jen!

A fellow Vancouverite! Wicked! What year is your Z?

That is an absolutely incredibly kind offer to make Jen. I TRULY appreciate it, and if I can't narrow this down, I will take you up on it for sure!

Are you driving the RE960's year round then? If you don't mind me asking, how much were they from OK North Shore?

I have inquired a few times locally before, but the prices from the US are incredibly cheaper for ALL tires, and I have them shipped up to Bellingham and put on there...so no taxes as well. But if you got a great deal, I'm all ears.

FOR THE HORNDOGS! lol

Guys, do you really think that any girl with ANY sense or semblance of a brain will just jump on the 'net posting pictures of herself with her car and ***** out all over the place??

I know you guys ALL know what types are into that, and its certainly NEVER the real HOT girls WITH BRAINS! lol

I have one, and like to use it...so if you don't see my ***** in the near future I apologize, but pls don't make that a prerequisite for posting on the site and talking with you guys.

I LOVE this forum and you guys are ALL great people and its very easy to tell that "most" of you aren't serious about the "***** for help" campaign, lol.

BUT, let's get back to the tires k?

If you can't help yourself and your curiousity is killing you...then let's just say that I cause a lot of smiles, and people (girls AND guys) have paid for my gas on numerous occasions, which is nice, but VERY weird, and I even had a girl walk right into my changeroom at Holt Renfrew once! lol (...and YES, it was fun!). I've worked in fashion for years, make the clothes look good and vice versa, and I'd say I'm the epitome of fit, funky, and fun. I know my way around the bedroom...so i don't need to post my ***** here to let you know that I can play or qualify to ride shotgun in any of your cars! lol.

Until I come home sloshed and feel an immediate urge to get on this site to read about Z's and post my picture (lol), that will have to do .

So thank you so much for the interest in my ***** and ***, and I'll hold them out there for a cyber-grab and squeeze...there...but back to the tires!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Zhottie

Originally Posted by Spike100
How come when I post a question about tires, I get maybe 3 replies (two of which tell me to search)?
[*]You should definitely go with A/S tires since these will work year around in your climate.[/LIST]You should get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tire. Do it… do it now.

--Spike
Thank you for reading my LONG initial post Spike and your reply! Very thorough.

Do you feel that the cost of the Michelin's is worth it, as compared to say the Continental DWS which are about $70-80 less per tire? Would you jump up to the Michelin's over the RE960? Just getting more input.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Zhottie

TreeFiddyZee: Thank you for your info on the Falkens! People seem to like those a lot!

Were they quiet and smooth riding?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Zhottie

Originally Posted by dhays
I'm down near Tacoma, so our weather is similar to yours. Keep in mind that All Season tires are better any time the temperature dips lower than 40 degrees, regardless whether there is snow or not.

I put a set of YOKOHAMA AVID W4S on one of my sets of wheels to use as a cold weather tire a few months ago. I have been very happy with them. They are reasonably quiet (important to me) and handle well. The cost isn't bad as I spent $633.79 shipped from the TireRack.com.

If you want Summer tires, I'd look at the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110. I've not driven a set, but reviews look good and I think should really work well for your purposes.

Between the two, I'd go with the YOKOHAMA AVID W4S all seasons. They have performed great and would be really good for a DD for you.

Thank you for the info DHays! Do you still prefer to have 2 sets down in Tacoma?? Or do you think now that you've driven the Avids you'd be just as happy with them year-round?

Let me know how you feel about the compromise if there is any there.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Zhottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh
i bet this isn't even a girl

Originally Posted by ZRated67
Mental note to self: Pose as girl to get quick answers to any question.
Mental note to self...be sure to play with self on webcam to ensure help with my car!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Zhottie

Originally Posted by ZRated67
Mental note to self: Pose as girl to get quick answers to any question.
Originally Posted by CuztompartZ
Last year I was in the same spot, Wanted something with longer ware, Better all season, esp cold traction.

I am extremely pleased with the new BFG Super sport all seasons. Better dry traction than my previous "summer" tires. These things fricking hook up even with 475+ RWTQ
Michelin Pilot sports get noisy extremely fast. Pilot sport 2's kick *** but are sucky in cold, snowy conditions and are far from all season.
Handle better than any all season I have ever had also.
Have stayed very quite after 15k so far.
400 treadware and fairly cheap.

Thank you for the help! I hadn't considered those as reviews said they were loud and rode firmer than other All-seasons. Sounds like that wasn't the case with yours!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Zhottie

Originally Posted by gabez33
suprised no one has murdered her ate the remains then shieeted them out and set them on fire for not searching..... .........
Trust me, I've searched, and read about a zillion reviews on TireRack and discounttires.com, tiresdirect.net, and the other Z websites have been scoured as well.

Probably why I can't decide! lol

But YES, I did do the search here and if you do one yourself, you'll find that there really isn't a lot on this topic in the form I'm presenting it.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Nick-VTR

Originally Posted by Zhottie
Hey Jen!

That is an absolutely incredibly kind offer to make Jen. I TRULY appreciate it, and if I can't narrow this down, I will take you up on it for sure!

Are you driving the RE960's year round then? If you don't mind me asking, how much were they from OK North Shore?

I have inquired a few times locally before, but the prices from the US are incredibly cheaper for ALL tires, and I have them shipped up to Bellingham and put on there...so no taxes as well. But if you got a great deal, I'm all ears.

FOR THE HORNDOGS! lol

Guys, do you really think that any girl with ANY sense or semblance of a brain will just jump on the 'net posting pictures of herself with her car and ***** out all over the place??

I know you guys ALL know what types are into that, and its certainly NEVER the real HOT girls WITH BRAINS! lol

I have one, and like to use it...so if you don't see my ***** in the near future I apologize, but pls don't make that a prerequisite for posting on the site and talking with you guys.

I LOVE this forum and you guys are ALL great people and its very easy to tell that "most" of you aren't serious about the "***** for help" campaign, lol.

BUT, let's get back to the tires k?

If you can't help yourself and your curiousity is killing you...then let's just say that I cause a lot of smiles, and people (girls AND guys) have paid for my gas on numerous occasions, which is nice, but VERY weird, and I even had a girl walk right into my changeroom at Holt Renfrew once! lol (...and YES, it was fun!). I've worked in fashion for years, make the clothes look good and vice versa, and I'd say I'm the epitome of fit, funky, and fun. I know my way around the bedroom...so i don't need to post my ***** here to let you know that I can play or qualify to ride shotgun in any of your cars! lol.

Until I come home sloshed and feel an immediate urge to get on this site to read about Z's and post my picture (lol), that will have to do .

So thank you so much for the interest in my ***** and ***, and I'll hold them out there for a cyber-grab and squeeze...there...but back to the tires!
Translation:

"I am actually a man IRL".
Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 AM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the info DHays! Do you still prefer to have 2 sets down in Tacoma?? Or do you think now that you've driven the Avids you'd be just as happy with them year-round?

Let me know how you feel about the compromise if there is any there.
The only reason I have summer tires is for Autocross on street tires. If I didn't do that, I'd be very happy with the Avids year round; quiet, comfortable, and handle very well. The price is pretty reasonable.

Now, I also just bought a pair of the Continental Extreme Contact DWS a month ago for my daughters car. Excellent value in an excellent tire. However, she doesn't drive a RWD sports car. She drives a little Ford focus, is going to school in Bellingham, and has no other car to use when it is snowy. The Continental is not a snow tire, but does pretty well for an A/S tire. However, the Continental is noisier than the Yokohama Avid WS4.

The Yokohama handles great, and is VERY comfortable on the road. The Z has enough road noise as it is without adding to it with a loud tire. According to TireRack tests, the Continental will give you better wet performance than the Avids, but the Avids will do better in the dry.

I don't drive overly aggressively when roads are wet. I'm old because I've not been too stupid. I do drive more aggressively when it is dry however, so I want better dry performance than wet performance.

Here is a link to the TireRack test results of these tires.

As I said, I couldn't be happier with the Avids so far.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:11 AM
billsrcursed

Hey Jen!

FOR THE HORNDOGS!

Blah blah blah, I'm not like that, blah blah blah.....

!
fixed.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:12 AM
_STEVEO_01

Originally Posted by Nick-VTR
Translation:

"I am actually a man IRL".
Translation:

"I am butthurt that I couldn't stand a chance with ZHottie even if I tried, so Im going to make the dumbest comment I can think of to build my self confidence". (lulz)

ZHottie, I like you and your positive outlook. You take all this shiet in stride with the guys and continue to push forward without taking anything personal. Good on you! I will definitely do my research for the homework you gave me and will get back to you as soon as I got my shiet together!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Nick-VTR

Originally Posted by _STEVEO_01
Translation:

"I am butthurt that I couldn't stand a chance with ZHottie even if I tried, so Im going to make the dumbest comment I can think of to build my self confidence". (lulz)

ZHottie, I like you and your positive outlook. You take all this shiet in stride with the guys and continue to push forward without taking anything personal. Good on you! I will definitely do my research for the homework you gave me and will get back to you as soon as I got my shiet together!
Indeed.

I wonder if she would have received a better response from posters if the title of the thread was "I need some advice on tires", instead of "Help a ZHOTTIE GIRL find new TIRES!!". I mean, look at her username (ZHOTTIE, lol) She's asking to be heckled. I doubt chicks that are hot IRL would bother calling themselves a "hottie" on an internet forum.

Thus my point stands.

Man IRL (or tranny)

/thread.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:31 AM
_STEVEO_01

Nick, you need some serious azz mate (it's obvious)... I'll see what I can do for my fellow brother in Australia...

Quick Reply: Help a Z girl find new tires guys!!!