Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Help a Z girl find new tires guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:57 AM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhottie
TreeFiddyZee: Thank you for your info on the Falkens! People seem to like those a lot!

Were they quiet and smooth riding?
I really liked them. They were definitely a lot quieter and smoother than the original tires. I had around 25k on the fronts with between 6 and 7/32" tread left. I had to replace the backs sooner, but that's not the tires' fault. It's that stupid right pedal that caused that problem.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:57 AM
A4T350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't help yourself and your curiousity is killing you...then let's just say that I cause a lot of smiles, and people (girls AND guys) have paid for my gas on numerous occasions, which is nice, but VERY weird, and I even had a girl walk right into my changeroom at Holt Renfrew once! lol (...and YES, it was fun!). I've worked in fashion for years, make the clothes look good and vice versa, and I'd say I'm the epitome of fit, funky, and fun. I know my way around the bedroom...so i don't need to post my ***** here to let you know that I can play or qualify to ride shotgun in any of your cars! lol.

....I love lamp.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:01 AM
R350Zz33

FEDERAL SUPER STEEL 595, 245/45/18
work great in snow and rain supper grippy
Old 02-09-2010, 06:26 AM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
FEDERAL SUPER STEEL 595, 245/45/18
work great in snow and rain supper grippy
Absolutely horrendous tire. Avoid them at all costs. They grip ok, not outstanding, but they are incredibly noisy. They are also a summer tire, not A/S. I'm driving on a set now on a set of v.1 stockers I bought. They have tons of tread left, but I may dump them soon anyway just because I can't stand the tire.

Drifters like them apparently. If anyone wants to buy a set of take-offs with lots of tread, shoot me a PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:44 AM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say take the conti's... I love my conti's <333 great treadwear and handling from my experience. I mostly drive in LA weather which is mostly sunny, but there are times where I'm in SF and it's raining, they hold up very nicely IMO.

I say search through tirerack and all the tires availible for your specific size, majority of them have comments and ratings based on their usage. GL
Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 AM
ZRated67

A nice set of Eagle GT A/S's. $791 installed at Discount Tire
Old 02-09-2010, 09:02 AM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZRated67
So far, the Eagle GTs that I have on my Z are solid. Good tire for a very low budget.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 AM
ZRated67

Originally Posted by onagao
So far, the Eagle GTs that I have on my Z are solid. Good tire for a very low budget.
+1

For the money, they can't be beat. 400 wear rating, and handle well in all weather.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Zhottie

Originally Posted by Nick-VTR
Indeed.

I wonder if she would have received a better response from posters if the title of the thread was "I need some advice on tires", instead of "Help a ZHOTTIE GIRL find new TIRES!!". I mean, look at her username (ZHOTTIE, lol) She's asking to be heckled. I doubt chicks that are hot IRL would bother calling themselves a "hottie" on an internet forum.

Thus my point stands.

Man IRL (or tranny)

/thread.
Gosh Nick...you watch too much CSI or something. Get away from the pretty girls on TV and pls know its safe to meet real ones. We don't bite! Important parts that is.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhottie
Thank you for reading my LONG initial post Spike and your reply! Very thorough.

Do you feel that the cost of the Michelin's is worth it, as compared to say the Continental DWS which are about $70-80 less per tire? Would you jump up to the Michelin's over the RE960? Just getting more input.
Hellooo Zhottie... (couldn't resist the long greeting since this is an unusual user name that seems to insinuate something past just "plain")

Any tire you purchase suffers from compromises depending upon your driving style, the weather, the road surface, etc.

Summer performance tires are made of compounds that provide consistent grip from low to high speed, support driving for long periods at high speed, and aggressive cornering at moderate speeds. They maintain a constant temperature allowing the tire to stick well to a good roadway no matter how hard or fast you drive. However, summer performance tires are completely useless at cold temperatures on frozen roadways, in snow, and on ice. And, they are noisy and often provide a fairly uncomfortable and noisy ride.

Winter tires are great in snow and on ice. They are fairly soft and provide a comfortable ride. But, this type of tire and its soft compound overheats quickly when driving aggressively or at high speed for sustained periods.

All-season performance tires are the enigma since this type of tire attempts to provide the best characteristics of a summer performance tire and a winter tire. The all-season performance tire is meant to handle well on dry roadways, maintain a fairly constant temperature when driving aggressively or at speed; and at the same time, provide adequate grip on frozen roadways (in snow and on ice). That’s a pretty tall order.

All-season tires are very popular on FWD and AWD. That’s simply because either of these drive configurations make-up for a lot of sins. You just cannot push FWD hard enough to test the tire, and AWD provides good traction even with lame tires.

However, RWD needs a good tire. That’s especially true in the case of an all-season performance tire. Any deficiency in the tire is going to exhibit quickly on a RWD car.

So… if you go with an all-season tire on a RWD car, you need the best. And, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tire is in this category. It does cost more $$’s, but it’s worth the additional expense. It runs quietly and comfortably while providing excellent grip on both dry and wet surfaces, and is plenty adequate on frozen roadways in cold weather.

I realize that the tire is costly, but you probably can save by purchasing in the States (not sure though). A road trip to Seattle would at least save GST + PST. I’m not sure what might happen when passing back over the border with very new tires and no declaration. Canada does love their taxes.

--Spike
Old 02-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Valkyrie
Banned

Originally Posted by Spike100
Hellooo Zhottie... (couldn't resist the long greeting since this is an unusual user name that seems to insinuate something past just "plain")

Any tire you purchase suffers from compromises depending upon your driving style, the weather, the road surface, etc.

Summer performance tires are made of compounds that provide consistent grip from low to high speed, support driving for long periods at high speed, and aggressive cornering at moderate speeds. They maintain a constant temperature allowing the tire to stick well to a good roadway no matter how hard or fast you drive. However, summer performance tires are completely useless at cold temperatures on frozen roadways, in snow, and on ice. And, they are noisy and often provide a fairly uncomfortable and noisy ride.

Winter tires are great in snow and on ice. They are fairly soft and provide a comfortable ride. But, this type of tire and its soft compound overheats quickly when driving aggressively or at high speed for sustained periods.

All-season performance tires are the enigma since this type of tire attempts to provide the best characteristics of a summer performance tire and a winter tire. The all-season performance tire is meant to handle well on dry roadways, maintain a fairly constant temperature when driving aggressively or at speed; and at the same time, provide adequate grip on frozen roadways (in snow and on ice). That’s a pretty tall order.

All-season tires are very popular on FWD and AWD. That’s simply because either of these drive configurations make-up for a lot of sins. You just cannot push FWD hard enough to test the tire, and AWD provides good traction even with lame tires.

However, RWD needs a good tire. That’s especially true in the case of an all-season performance tire. Any deficiency in the tire is going to exhibit quickly on a RWD car.

So… if you go with an all-season tire on a RWD car, you need the best. And, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tire is in this category. It does cost more $$’s, but it’s worth the additional expense. It runs quietly and comfortably while providing excellent grip on both dry and wet surfaces, and is plenty adequate on frozen roadways in cold weather.

I realize that the tire is costly, but you probably can save by purchasing in the States (not sure though). A road trip to Seattle would at least save GST + PST. I’m not sure what might happen when passing back over the border with very new tires and no declaration. Canada does love their taxes.

--Spike
By the length of your post... I'm going to assume you are single.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by Valkyrie
By the length of your post... I'm going to assume you are single.
Nope. Happily married in fact. And... add to that... old... way too old for what you are suggesting

--Spike
Old 02-09-2010, 04:21 PM
ZRated67

Yes! I can help you with tires!

Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Spike100

Jeez… ZRated67, now you’ve done it. You promised that this would be a private video that you would never release. I’m very disappointed!

OK… I must come clean on this one since everyone has now seen it… ZRated67 is the person on the left (he does like to dress-up… if you know what I mean).
Old 02-09-2010, 04:48 PM
ZRated67

Jeez… ZRated67, now you’ve done it. You promised that this would be a private video that you would never release. I’m very disappointed!

OK… I must come clean on this one since everyone has now seen it… ZRated67 is the person on the left (he does like to dress-up… if you know what I mean).
I am one fine TS.....that's for sure.

And I didn't release it. It was stolen by the housekeeper. I knew I shouldn't have gotten that recommendation from Tommy Lee!!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Spike100

Well… we’ve been exposed… it’s out now…

Forget about Tommy and Pamela. Our only hope of escaping total notoriety on my350z.com (and the rest of the entire planet) is the release of the John Edwards/Rielle Hunter tape.

BTW: The next tape we make… I get to use the makeup and wig. …Deal?

Oh… I wonder if we have completely jacked Zhottie’s thread? …When the Mods contact me with a ban notice, I’m telling ‘em it was your idea.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Valkyrie
Banned

Well… we’ve been exposed… it’s out now…

Forget about Tommy and Pamela. Our only hope of escaping total notoriety on my350z.com (and the rest of the entire planet) is the release of the John Edwards/Rielle Hunter tape.

BTW: The next tape we make… I get to use the makeup and wig. …Deal?

Oh… I wonder if we have completely jacked Zhottie’s thread? …When the Mods contact me with a ban notice, I’m telling ‘em it was your idea.
You don't get street cred until you've been banned 5+ times.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Zhottie

Originally Posted by jubes
I say take the conti's... I love my conti's <333 great treadwear and handling from my experience. I mostly drive in LA weather which is mostly sunny, but there are times where I'm in SF and it's raining, they hold up very nicely IMO.

I say search through tirerack and all the tires availible for your specific size, majority of them have comments and ratings based on their usage. GL
Hey Jubes!

Are you using the DWS? Are they quiet and comfortable as well? How many miles do you have on them and how have they worn if you don't mind me asking? Lastly, what were your tires before (if any)?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Zhottie

Thank you for the info! I had heard that these are a little louder a tire than say the RE960 or the DWS? Although better grip?

Is that your experience?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Zhottie

+1

For the money, they can't be beat. 400 wear rating, and handle well in all weather.
The guys at Tirerack mentioned that the DWS is cheaper. Would you still take the Eagle? Are they a quiet tire?

Quick Reply: Help a Z girl find new tires guys!!!