Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Cheap Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by iPhoneGuaco
Hi, I just bought an 07 touring. The tires are more or less bald. I'm looking to get some new wheels though, but wanted to take some time looking for them, so I need some cheap replacement tires in the meantime. I'm going to have to buy new tires when I get my new wheels since I'm probably going to do a staggered 18 19. So what tires can you guys recommend that are dirt cheap to last me 6 months or so until I get my new wheels? And where do you reccommend I get them. Thanks!

Guaco
Hi, I understand your question since I’ve been in the situation you describe. In my case it was “kicking the can down the road” while wearing out 2 tires going to a new 4 tire set.

Here’s what I did: I bought quality tires that came from my tire guy’s used tire bin.

If used tires are not an option (sometimes it is difficult finding the right sizes), go with Avons for an interim tire. They are inexpensive, very noisy, and wear quickly; but you can buy these for cheap. In fact Avon makes a pretty decent tire as far as handling if you can get past the noise and the wear.

--Spike
Old 03-22-2010, 06:51 PM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waizzz
My reading comprehension is fine junior, how about your own?
Junior? Wow, someone here older than me. Who would have thought...?

Last edited by dhays; 03-24-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Spike100

^^ waizzz obviously missed the important/main point in iPhoneGuaco’s question.

--Spike
Old 03-22-2010, 08:15 PM
iPhoneGuaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Entaille
Hi, grow some thicker skin. you will get both sarcastic remarks as well as helpful info on any post you make. Take the good in with the bad, and laugh off the sarcasm.

Might as well delete your account if you can't handle the mild sarcasm you are seeing here.
I'm glad your solid instincts have navigated you to scolding the proper person; me. You wouldn't want to scold the instigators, only those who fend them off. Well handled, good, solid, rational reasoning.

This post shouldn't offend you though, just some "sarcastic remarks"

Thanks for taking the time to teach me your values.

Cheers,
Guaco

Last edited by iPhoneGuaco; 03-22-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:23 PM
calin
Banned

This thread fails hard.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sarcasm owns overall.

Don't create a thread about anything cheap for the Z and not expect to be flamed for it.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:24 PM
iPhoneGuaco

Originally Posted by waizzz
Sarcasm owns overall.

Don't create a thread about anything cheap for the Z and not expect to be flamed for it.
Comprehend sentences/posts instead of putting a floodlight on your financial insecurities, then your logic won't be destroyed on here by me for all to see.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:27 PM
calin
Banned

Comprehend sentences/posts instead of putting a floodlight on your financial insecurities, then your logic won't be destroyed on here by me for all to see.
You're the one who's getting destroyed in this thread, not waizzz.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Uhhhh my financial insecurities? You're the one making a thread about cheap tires?

Originally Posted by calin

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing it right.

Last edited by Waiz; 03-22-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:14 AM
TJGILROY

Originally Posted by TJGILROY
if you quit fighting and check these out, you might find they get good reviews and are cheap for the quality they are...
Old 03-23-2010, 07:22 AM
NismoZ_840

Ignore the pinheads who don't bother to read a post before flaming away or think the Z is some super exotic worthy of only high dollar parts. Looks like you may be in the Denver area and I've got contact info for someone who sells quality used tires in Aurora if interested. Also check CONOC.net, a local, popular Nissan club. Cheers!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Indyzed

Originally Posted by NismoZ_840
Ignore the pinheads who don't bother to read a post before flaming away or think the Z is some super exotic worthy of only high dollar parts. Looks like you may be in the Denver area and I've got contact info for someone who sells quality used tires in Aurora if interested. Also check CONOC.net, a local, popular Nissan club. Cheers!
I was just going to recommend used tires.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Your going to have sift through **** to get what you want on this site. I will say your acting like you have a sandy vagina so stop it. You got the answer you required... Since your a Z newby and nobody has mentioned it, dude if you get "dirt cheap" crappy tires your going to commit suicide with tire noise. Z's aren't very quiet period... If your going used get thre Best quality tire you can. if not mentally prepare yourself for road noise.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:33 PM
sssmasss

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, I just bought an 07 touring. The tires are more or less bald. I'm looking to get some new wheels though, but wanted to take some time looking for them, so I need some cheap replacement tires in the meantime. I'm going to have to buy new tires when I get my new wheels since I'm probably going to do a staggered 18 19. So what tires can you guys recommend that are dirt cheap to last me 6 months or so until I get my new wheels? And where do you reccommend I get them. Thanks!

Guaco
call ur local tire shop.. some have a set of four for less than 100 dollars
Old 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Bevo

Originally Posted by TJGILROY
+1 on General Exclaim UHP
Old 03-23-2010, 01:11 PM
iPhoneGuaco

The handful of rational, intelligent people who understand what I'm asking, and who are helping me, realize that your logic is being destroyed. You and waizz are the only tools who have small ***** syndrome on this thread.

And yes waizz, you are financially insecure, that's why you've been saying what you've been saying as opposed to understanding the situation properly. It's okay, the psychology is undeniable, and the most common reaction is defensiveness and redirection, so you're fitting the bill perfectly. Don't fight it, it's ok. Sorry you've been intellectually raped on this thread. That's what happens to insecure schoolyard bullies, girls don't like them, and guys ignore them. They're lonely. That's all from me to the nits.

To everyone else thanks for the help. I'm actually not in Denver, I'm in SoCal so if you have a good hookup here, that would be great. Thanks!

Guaco

Last edited by iPhoneGuaco; 03-23-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:14 PM
TJGILROY

And yes waizz, you are financially insecure, that's why you've been saying what you've been saying as opposed to understanding the situation properly. It's okay, the psychology is undeniable, and the most common reaction is defensiveness and redirection, so you're fitting the bill perfectly. Don't fight it, it's ok. Sorry you've been intellectually raped on this thread. That's what happens to insecure schoolyard bullies, girls don't like them, and guys ignore them. They're lonely. That's all from me to the nits.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Spike100

It takes you 6 months to decide which wheels to buy?
I've been "look'n" for 5 years, and still can't decide.

--Spike
Old 03-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
Your going to have sift through **** to get what you want on this site. I will say your acting like you have a sandy vagina so stop it. You got the answer you required... Since your a Z newby and nobody has mentioned it, dude if you get "dirt cheap" crappy tires your going to commit suicide with tire noise. Z's aren't very quiet period... If your going used get thre Best quality tire you can. if not mentally prepare yourself for road noise.

The handful of rational, intelligent people who understand what I'm asking, and who are helping me, realize that your logic is being destroyed. You and waizz are the only tools who have small ***** syndrome on this thread.

To everyone else thanks for the help. I'm actually not in Denver, I'm in SoCal so if you have a good hookup here, that would be great. Thanks!

Guaco
GL with your Z, I'm sure you'll total it within a year.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Hexxus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nankang's are about one of the cheapest. Hankook's are another alternative.

Quick Reply: Cheap Tires?