Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Iforged wheel issues?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 11:37 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set of Toyos from a Tire shop, I wont mention them, because I think it was an honest mistake. WHen I got my wheels they said they didn't have my tires, I seaerched high and low to find them, I was pissed but I moved on.

btw, wasn't someone complaining about a set HREs leaking air, and Volks being delivered with scratches?? not that they are big deals, BUT there are issues, you just have to look
Old 11-01-2003, 12:53 AM
jimster716

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 2003z
ok, here's one. discount tire (local) quoted me a price on race tires matching tire rack. When they came in they charged me shipping that they didnt tell me about up front. You've been all over iforged from the beginning here. No other member has been screwed like you claim, so whatever problem you had must have been solved.
yeah, they made the mistake of not telling you. But when i deal with them, i learned a while ago from the salesman that price matching/beating is matching/beating the "to-your-door" price as shipping is not cheap for something like tires and it's only fair as that would be one hell of a deal if it didn't include the shipping that Tire Rack would charge as there is an expense to delivering tires to each location. Downside for us in Cali and in many states, we would also have to pay sales tax at our local stores so we may actually be paying a bit more.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:45 AM
havabooz

the sad truth is that it has become 'acceptable' to have some minor issues...although people express their disgust about it they still cope with it.....i for example was pissed when my wheel came with a clearcoat problem..but i accepted the fact...and when vince fixes it for free like he promised then iforged will be good in my book...because when someone fixes something for free then they are admitting it was their fault....yes he tried to say it wasnt his fault but that is just natural and all people do that in the beginning...but then when i xplained the problem he accepted responsibility and i think that was very respectable
Old 11-01-2003, 07:48 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by rodH
I ordered a set of Toyos from a Tire shop, I wont mention them, because I think it was an honest mistake. WHen I got my wheels they said they didn't have my tires, I seaerched high and low to find them, I was pissed but I moved on.

btw, wasn't someone complaining about a set HREs leaking air, and Volks being delivered with scratches?? not that they are big deals, BUT there are issues, you just have to look
So where are these supposed posts about Volks and HRE? I couldn't find them.....but it's pretty damn easy to find problems with Iforged. The only leaking air post I could find was about an Iforged wheel, not HRE.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:01 AM
rodH

Originally posted by havabooz
the sad truth is that it has become 'acceptable' to have some minor issues...although people express their disgust about it they still cope with it.....i for example was pissed when my wheel came with a clearcoat problem..but i accepted the fact...and when vince fixes it for free like he promised then iforged will be good in my book...because when someone fixes something for free then they are admitting it was their fault....yes he tried to say it wasnt his fault but that is just natural and all people do that in the beginning...but then when i xplained the problem he accepted responsibility and i think that was very respectable
it is sad, just like it is sad that I get feathering in my Z, have had a tranny already replaced, had to get rid of the POS Bose stereo, grease streaks on my windows, rattles all over that I've had to fix myself, now my headlights are showing signs of craking by themselves, etc....I think it is funny when people act like they would NEVER buy an inferior product, yet they buy a Z, I guess the 911 owners are laughing at us too.

oh, well, I love my car anyways.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:04 AM
rodH

Originally posted by ZZtopp
So where are these supposed posts about Volks and HRE? I couldn't find them.....but it's pretty damn easy to find problems with Iforged. The only leaking air post I could find was about an Iforged wheel, not HRE.
I am not sure if I read it here, on the NSX forum or the M3 forum, I just know I saw it and didn;t think anything of it, even the VERY best products in the WORLD have occasional problems. I didn't care to look into it further, I know HRE is a great product regardless, so it didn't do anything to change that. Just like some people receive Volks with scrathes on the spokes, after time some have scrathes in other places and the stickers peel off, I don't care, I stilll think Volks are a good product as well.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:28 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by rodH
it is sad, just like it is sad that I get feathering in my Z, have had a tranny already replaced, had to get rid of the POS Bose stereo, grease streaks on my windows, rattles all over that I've had to fix myself, now my headlights are showing signs of craking by themselves, etc....I think it is funny when people act like they would NEVER buy an inferior product, yet they buy a Z, I guess the 911 owners are laughing at us too.

oh, well, I love my car anyways.
I had a brand new '95 911. I kept it less than a year. It was the biggest POS I've ever owned, and that includes several Corvettes. It was in the shop more than it was out, and I continued to drive and enjoy (daily) my '93 300ZXTT much more than the Porsche. I kept that Z until 2002.

My 350Z has been flawless. No rattles, no streaks, no nothin'. The cheap factory (non-Bose) stereo did suck, but that's not why I bought the car.

You can only make an educated guess when you make a purchase and hope for the best. Maybe I've just been lucky with my Z's, but they've been great. The Porsche, which should have been good, was garbage....maybe I was just unlucky with that one. Sometimes it just comes down to luck, but the more info you have before you make a choice, the better your chances are of not getting burned.

If I were a gambling man who didn't care about being treated like a red-headed step-child, I would have ordered some Iforged wheels. I'm not much of gambler, so I chose another company based on all the info that was available to me. My wheels are flawless.....and that had nothing to do with luck.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:34 AM
havabooz

yeh...i was about to say (after reading about the 911) that you are unlucky....i have also been very unlucky with my car....havnt done a mod without having a problem....and i also just noticed..you only have 5600 miles in a year!..or have you not updated it?
Old 11-01-2003, 11:59 AM
ZZtopp

MY friend bought a '96 911 Cabrio a few months ago. It had only 12,000 miles on it. He's had nothing but problems with it (the same ones I had: brakes, electronics, fuel delivery) and he's about to sell it. Maybe they've gotten better since then, but I'd never buy another Porsche.

The Z is not my daily driver, hence the lower than normal mileage.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:53 PM
rodH

Originally posted by ZZtopp
MY friend bought a '96 911 Cabrio a few months ago. It had only 12,000 miles on it. He's had nothing but problems with it (the same ones I had: brakes, electronics, fuel delivery) and he's about to sell it. Maybe they've gotten better since then, but I'd never buy another Porsche.

The Z is not my daily driver, hence the lower than normal mileage.
interesting on the 911, I hear that there are some lemons out there, but not many. My dads targa did leak, but they all leaked