Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Muteki lugs on 06+OEM wheels???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:13 PM
TimeAttkZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muteki lugs on 06+OEM wheels???

Can anyone tell me if the Muteki lug nuts work with the 06+ OEM wheels.
Web sites say that tuner lugs are not recommended for stock wheels but I've used extended rays lugs on my OEMs no problem.

This is for all you guys rocking powdercoated OEMs with spacers etc... Thanks
Old 05-19-2010, 03:22 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Look at the lug nut. Is the seat cone shaped?

Look at the wheel. Is the hole for the nut cone shaped?

There you go.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your soo smart davidv
Old 05-19-2010, 05:43 PM
TimeAttkZ

Yes it appears to have the same cone shape as do the OEM wheels.

"NOTE: LUG NUTS ARE MADE WITH TAPERED BOTTOMS SPECIFICALLY FOR AFTERMARKET WHEELS. DO NOT USE THESE TUNER LUGS FOR YOUR FACTORY WHEELS. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT RETURNS ON LUG NUTS FROM CUSTOMERS WHO ATTEMPT TO USE THEM ON FACTORY WHEELS. THESE LUGS ALSO DO NOT FIT ON SPECIAL WHEELS THAT REQUIRE INVERTED LUGS. WE WILL ALSO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FROM CUSTOMERS THAT TRY TO USE THEM FOR THESE TYPES OF WHEELS."

This was listed below the lug nuts on Evasive.com which is why I was looking for personal experience rather than sarcasm. I don't want to waste 50 bucks and my time if someone has attempted this before and could save me the headache.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:45 PM
MODDEDZ

It's like the button ppl warn you not to push.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:32 PM
3m wol8

Originally Posted by TimeAttkZ
Yes it appears to have the same cone shape as do the OEM wheels.

"NOTE: LUG NUTS ARE MADE WITH TAPERED BOTTOMS SPECIFICALLY FOR AFTERMARKET WHEELS. DO NOT USE THESE TUNER LUGS FOR YOUR FACTORY WHEELS. WE NO LONGER ACCEPT RETURNS ON LUG NUTS FROM CUSTOMERS WHO ATTEMPT TO USE THEM ON FACTORY WHEELS. THESE LUGS ALSO DO NOT FIT ON SPECIAL WHEELS THAT REQUIRE INVERTED LUGS. WE WILL ALSO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS FROM CUSTOMERS THAT TRY TO USE THEM FOR THESE TYPES OF WHEELS."

This was listed below the lug nuts on Evasive.com which is why I was looking for personal experience rather than sarcasm. I don't want to waste 50 bucks and my time if someone has attempted this before and could save me the headache.
so what you're saying is.. if you bought a gun and it had instructions to not load the gun and stick it to your head with your finger on the trigger.. you would ask everyone if it was ok to do?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 AM
TimeAttkZ

Wow ... STFU. It's called a disclaimer. They say the same thing about all tuner lugs so that there not liable for returns. They may not fit some OEM wheels so they have to list a warning. Many poeple run Rays Extended Lugs with OEM wheels despite the warnings including myself and they work fine. Just wondering if anyone has the same experience with Muteki lugs before I make the non refundable purchace, afterall that's what this forum is for.

Take your shitty metaphors somewhere else.

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 05-21-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 AM
carlili4190

Originally Posted by davidv
Look at the lug nut. Is the seat cone shaped?

Look at the wheel. Is the hole for the nut cone shaped?

There you go.
Originally Posted by Barnabas
your soo smart davidv
Old 05-25-2010, 10:44 AM
3m wol8

Wow ... STFU. It's called a disclaimer. They say the same thing about all tuner lugs so that there not liable for returns. They may not fit some OEM wheels so they have to list a warning. Many poeple run Rays Extended Lugs with OEM wheels despite the warnings including myself and they work fine. Just wondering if anyone has the same experience with Muteki lugs before I make the non refundable purchace, afterall that's what this forum is for.

Take your shitty metaphors somewhere else.

"NOTE: LUG NUTS ARE MADE WITH TAPERED BOTTOMS SPECIFICALLY FOR AFTERMARKET WHEELS. DO NOT USE THESE TUNER LUGS FOR YOUR FACTORY WHEELS.
ummm they said that they are made for aftermarket only.. save your money on your lugs and buy some reading lessons.. after you are able to comprehend.. come back and read DavidV's response
now go read this site... http://www.brandsport.com/howdoifirilu.html
then look at the seats.. then notice that your tuner lugs are acorn or tapered seats.. and the stocks are more of a ball seat.. then here's a good picture since you obviously can't read.. it shows you the differences in lugs.. it's important so look carefully

Last edited by 3m wol8; 05-25-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:58 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Originally Posted by 3m wol8
ummm they said that they are made for aftermarket only.. save your money on your lugs and buy some reading lessons.. after you are able to comprehend.. come back and read DavidV's response
now go read this site... http://www.brandsport.com/howdoifirilu.html
then look at the seats.. then notice that your tuner lugs are acorn or tapered seats.. and the stocks are more of a ball seat.. then here's a good picture since you obviously can't read.. it shows you the differences in lugs.. it's important so look carefully
Wow, one of you douche bags actually gave somewhat useful information on this forum for once. SO SURPRISING! My350z seriously is full of some of the biggest douche f\/cks who don't know how to give any good information without first flaming or bashing on someone for asking a simple question...

Was it really that difficult to just post this information in the first place rather than sounding like a complete pompous a$$hole who needs to use sarcasm and quote other dumb *** responses before giving information that's useable?

And DavidV, you're nothing but a useless POS who uses nothing but douchebaggery and stupid remarks to make you feel like you've actually got a pair between your legs. Learn to be helpful for once and try not to be such an arrogant f\/ck all the damn time.

Last edited by M3ANMACHINE; 06-10-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:02 PM
3m wol8

Originally Posted by 350ZEEEEE
Wow, one of you douche bags actually gave somewhat useful information on this forum for once. SO SURPRISING! My350z seriously is full of some of the biggest douche f\/cks who don't know how to give any good information without first flaming or bashing on someone for asking a simple question...

Was it really that difficult to just post this information in the first place rather than sounding like a complete pompous a$$hole who needs to use sarcasm and quote other dumb *** responses before giving information that's useable?

And DavidV, you're nothing but a useless POS who uses nothing but douchebaggery and stupid remarks to make you feel like you've actually got a pair between your legs. Learn to be helpful for once and try not to be such an arrogant f\/ck all the damn time.
you would have thought the disclaimer would have been enough for him.. shouldn't have needed that information.. although I would expect this from you since you actually asked someone what lug pattern the rims were that were mounted to their Z *shrugs*

Last edited by 3m wol8; 06-10-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Originally Posted by 3m wol8
you would have thought the disclaimer would have been enough for him.. shouldn't have needed that information.. although I would expect this from you since you actually asked someone what lug pattern the rims were that were mounted to their Z *shrugs*
See it's remarks like this that make you look like a complete retard...

It's called a "Disclaimer" for a reason. "A disclaimer is generally any statement intended to specify or delimit the scope of rights and obligations that may be exercised and enforced by parties in a legally-recognized relationship. In contrast to other terms for legally operative language, the term disclaimer usually implies situations that involve some level of uncertainty, waiver, or risk."

In words a monkey like you can understand, it's a "Warning that it may not work properly on certain wheels."

Who needs reading lessons now?

I've personally never seen a set of CH's in any other bolt pattern that 5x120, and they do make lug conversion kits for cars now a days...

edit: The guy mounting the CH's in his Z just confirmed that they're 5x120... So there you go, you ignorant f\/ck! Hope you feel like a moron!

Last edited by M3ANMACHINE; 06-11-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:01 PM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't get all bent.

Lug Nuts

Stock lug nuts are chrome acorn style M12 x 1.25 with a 21mm head. So if the lug nuts you want are acorn style M12 x 1.25 with a 21mm head, your fine.