Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Resale value of varrstoen wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 06:41 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And for the record I have fantastic counsel to represent the first owner with a
documented failure resulting in injury!!!

Get at me DAWG.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
(ZzzzzZ)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^wtf
Old 06-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by (ZzzzzZ)
^wtf
I would recommend that you look into it if you get the Varrostenns, it's only a matter of time until they fail.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Lee R

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
Buy whatever your budget is. Resale value for car parts aren't great at all for any parts, real or fake unless it's a rare item.
Totally true....the VOLK wheels I'm selling are mint, never been mounted and still in the boxes and I still get lowballed all the time. Hit me up ZZZZZZZZZZZZ...I'll give you a socal deal!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 AM
CrillZ

If your expecting the resale value of replica wheels to be high then don't get replica wheels. Thats why there replicas. Your paying a third of the price of the price of the original wheels so expect third of the price of resale value. I got a set of Varrstoen for a great price but i'm not expecting them to resale for similar price as the original Volks. Thats just madness. Lgear I can tell you first hand that his are original and are great condition. If you want a set a wheels that will always hold value then get the original Volks. Quality will always be there and value. That's why they cost so much. I myself own a set of Varrstoen and am happy with them. but i'm still in search for LE37's...those i will pay the price with no problem.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 AM
tware

Originally Posted by lgear080
Eventually one of them will fail under pressure and cause damage (to property and (or) people).
that's a bold statement. do you have info to back that up?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:49 AM
lgear080

^ There is a pattern of failure in a small percentage of off-brand/grey market
wheels that has been very well documented in basically every automotive forum.

Where would you like to begin?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:57 AM
tware

Oh, you mean all those pics without any context?

Begin with any info that doesn't involve an accident, blown tire or curb that would shatter ANY wheel.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:16 AM
lgear080

^ Each case would have to be reviewed by an expert - which I am not.

I am just a messenger.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 AM
tware

A link to any failure analysis would be great. To my knowledge, the only information we've seen about randomly cracking wheels were OEM and Sevas. Some people were shocked by the amount of damage a wheel sustained by accident or road hazard, but they were not the cause of the accident. Other reports were track related, some on R compound tires at high G forces on the strips or dropping a tire off the track. And those reports include brands with very good reputations.

I'd just like to know where/how you formed your message? I'm being sincere, show me the information where ANY 350Z fitment wheels have been spontaneously failing and hurting people and/or damaging property.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:25 AM
PikeZ_350

I have put my set of Varrstoens to work already, I've only owned them for 2 months.

I was driving down the interstate at 75mph when a guy merged into my lane without looking in front of him...therefore hitting me in the driver-side rearend of my car and spun me out..then flew off the road and spun out in the dirt/grass. The wheels held up, flawlessly. So I figured that under normal daily driving, the wheels should be good.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 AM
lgear080

pour casting has inherent manufacture issues - bubbles within the form in particular.
all it takes is one ill located imperfection within the system and the correct stress.

how else would you believe that Varsstoen can afford to bring the Infringing product
to market? did you think that they are using the same manufacturing process as
RAYS? hell no, they just stole the design (obviously).
Old 06-22-2010, 11:34 AM
tware

seriously? that's how you're backing up your claim? You're saying cast wheels are dangerous? You said they were endangering people. Has their been information about a batch with casting problems?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:20 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

oh man - this thread is funny...All the posts about these wheels aint worth nothing..

OP - if you buy them for a 1k shipped and they are flawless when you want to "trade" them in - I bet you $$$ that you will still get 700-800 bucks no problem..

Take note - peops will still be buying these when your ready to sell. A cheaper price for exactly what they are looking for will be the decision maker (give or take the condition of the wheels)... OF COURSE the volk owners will be salty because they are replicas - the volk owners are the only ones making a stink about it..

You wont have ANY issues selling them for sure..

Last edited by AcidJake75; 06-22-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:42 PM
R350nate

Originally Posted by (ZzzzzZ)
I don't want to buy varrstoen only to find out the resale value is bad, and I lose money when i resell, but with volks, I can pay 2k, and trade or sell for 2k, and get other volks/works. So im not really losing money with volks. Please let me know, thanks.
Get the volks, the logic is smart.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
BSERIEuS

get what you can afford?

if you're looking to sell later on down the line...its just simple logic you never get back what you paid for it. anything we put into our cars we won't ever get back every single dime.

as far as the real vs. fake debate....lol...reminds me of honda-tech all over again.

anyways, like i stated....get what fits YOU and YOUR budget and what YOU LIKE for YOUR car. i've had a long line of fake and real deal wheels. of course...real deal wheels hold their value and the fakes do not. in the end...if you hit a pot hole big enough...you can crack a real deal wheel and a fake wheel in the same way.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:58 AM
PikeZ_350

Originally Posted by BSERIEuS
get what you can afford?

if you're looking to sell later on down the line...its just simple logic you never get back what you paid for it. anything we put into our cars we won't ever get back every single dime.

as far as the real vs. fake debate....lol...reminds me of honda-tech all over again.

anyways, like i stated....get what fits YOU and YOUR budget and what YOU LIKE for YOUR car. i've had a long line of fake and real deal wheels. of course...real deal wheels hold their value and the fakes do not. in the end...if you hit a pot hole big enough...you can crack a real deal wheel and a fake wheel in the same way.
/thread

Oh and I forgot to mention that while my car was at the body shop after my hit-and-run.....somebody stole my Varrstoen wheels! I recovered them about a week or so later...the guy that bought them was told that they were Volk TE37's, LOL.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 PM
(ZzzzzZ)

^^ wow, what awesome guy you are, good thing you found it. Anyways, I can afford both the volks and varrstoen wheels. But I was just asking if varrstoen wheels have an ok resale value like volks. They obviously look the same, and the colors they offer are pretty nice. Why buy more expensive wheels when you can get the same looking wheels for cheaper? Yes I know you look more baller but im being practical. Also, good point about the quality factor. If they don't just "crack" for no reason, why wouldnt varrstoen wheels be a great choice? I wanted to know the resale value because I don't plan on sticking to one wheel, I want to change it up from time to time like a lot of members on here. So just wondering if I should get volks and trade/sell them, or get varrstoen and trade/sell them later on. Thanks.

Last edited by Chebosto; 06-24-2010 at 08:04 AM. Reason: what are we, in grade school?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:24 PM
tware

well, if youre a daytona blue thief, they have 250% resale value. Not so LOL, that had to suck for the buyer.. then again he was buying stolen merch.

I'm thinking youre going to lose 20-30% on any wheel. For Volks, thats gonna be $400-600 less than you paid. For Varrstoens, its going to be $200-250 less than you paid.

I'll say this... if you've wanted Volks (for yourself, not to impress others) and can afford them, just get the Volks. Man, I've wanted TE's forever and wasted much more money on other wheels I bought instead, thinking it was too much to spend. Now, 7 years of owning the car, I could have been on the TE's all along for what I've wasted trying to save a buck. If youre cool with Varrs, do that. just saying, when I try to go cheap when I know my heart is really set on something else, in the end I usually could have just gotten when I really had wanted -without all the hassle.

Last edited by Chebosto; 06-24-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:40 AM
spoolngst

if you sell someone will buy. Resale value might not be what you are expecting but it surely is making it hard for used volk te37 owners to sale theirs thats for sure. I know cause im one of the volk owners.

Deal wise

1200 new varrstoen > 2000 used Volks
or
800 used varrstoen > 2000 used Volks

and of course the money wise people will go for the better deal, i know i would if this was offered 8yrs ago.

Quick Reply: Resale value of varrstoen wheels?