Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

onlinetires.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:18 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default onlinetires.com

i've read quite a few of negative reviews on onlinetires.com but i just decided to order from them because they sell the tires i was looking for about $40 cheaper and i can just go and pick them up. wow, they never pick up their damn phone lol i tried calling them SO many times and never talked to a person. Oh they sent me an email saying that my tires are out of stock so it'll take 6~8 weeks to get there!! wth.
Now i want to cancel the order but because they don't pick up their phone, i can't cancel it. If i still can't reach them by tomorrow, is there any other any to cancel the order like from the credit company?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Sure you can do that.

First of all, stop calling the concerned parties. You are protected, but you must send a written notice.

Send a letter to both onlinetires.com and your credit card company. You can do one letter you send to onlinetire.com and CC: to your credit card company.

Provide this information:
  • The invoice number
  • Purchase date
  • Why you are cancelling the order.

You should state in your letter that you dispute the charge. Doing this forces the credit card company to suspend payment until the issue is resolved.

To be really safe, use registered mail for the letter you send to onlinetire.com. This way you have proof for your credit card company that you cancelled the order for good reason (6-8 weeks backorder is good reason to cancel an order).

--Spike

Last edited by Spike100; 08-09-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
ohSIXz

yah jus tell yer credit card company to get the money back
Old 08-09-2010, 07:02 PM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by Spike100
Sure you can do that.

First of all, stop calling the concerned parties. You are protected, but you must send a written notice.

Send a letter to both onlinetires.com and your credit card company. You can do one letter you send to onlinetire.com and CC: to your credit card company.

Provide this information:
  • The invoice number
  • Purchase date
  • Why you are cancelling the order.

You should state in your letter that you dispute the charge. Doing this forces the credit card company to suspend payment until the issue is resolved.

To be really safe, use registered mail for the letter you send to onlinetire.com. This way you have proof for your credit card company that you cancelled the order for good reason (6-8 weeks backorder is good reason to cancel an order).

--Spike
i must send a letter...so annoying lol. Can i send an EMAIL instead?
If i call the CC to cancel the order, then all i need to do for onlinetires.com is to send an EMAIL saying that i cancelled the order from my CC because they never responded?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:13 PM
arsey51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try CityTire Online, link:http://citytireonline.com/

There in South Gate, not too far from Cerritos, which I assume is where Online is located.

Ask for John.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:13 PM
omsin523

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should of never bought from them, and you should of read more reviews. I ordered from them and they sent me tires that i never wanted. And its true they will never answer the phone, goodluck on getting your tires man sorry to hear.

Last edited by omsin523; 08-09-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:17 PM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by omsin523
You should of never bought from them, and you should of read more reviews. I ordered from them and they sent me tires that i never wanted. And its true they will never answer the phone, goodluck on getting your tires man sorry to hear.
The only reason i took the risk is bc i was going to pick up the tires, not shipping.
I really want to cancel the order ASAP and order a pair from discount tire direct although they are like $40 more expensive
Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Drive down there and drop a deuce on their desk, that should get their attention.

LOL
Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 PM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Drive down there and drop a deuce on their desk, that should get their attention.

LOL
i wish i could do that but i live in irvine which is like 30~40 min away from Cerritos
Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
JDMStanced

wait, i just checked my CC online statement but onlinetires haven't taken out the money yet. Is that mean i can't tell my CC to cancel the order?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by 350zRiot
If i call the CC to cancel the order, then all i need to do for onlinetires.com is to send an EMAIL saying that i cancelled the order from my CC because they never responded?
If you are that close (you said you would pickup the tires), just drive there and get it staightened out. A 40 minute drive is nothing if it allows getting it fixed immediately. Heck, driving around in your Z is fun.

--Spike
Old 08-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Spike100

wait, i just checked my CC online statement but onlinetires haven't taken out the money yet. Is that mean i can't tell my CC to cancel the order?
Cancelling an order that doesn't exist... Yup, that might be difficult.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:19 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if I knew I could pick up, i would've drove there to place the order too....double check that they have stock.

If I were you, I'd drive there to resolve this...seems like they will charge when the items ship, which means you may revisit this ordeal 6-8 weeks later.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:24 PM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by apex locator
if I knew I could pick up, i would've drove there to place the order too....double check that they have stock.

If I were you, I'd drive there to resolve this...seems like they will charge when the items ship, which means you may revisit this ordeal 6-8 weeks later.
i emailed them and they said that the order will be cancelled today. But i don't know how they'll cancel it because i never told them anything about the order number or account name ahah
Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

To be protected, you need something in writing. Why is the youth of today so lazy? They typically wouldn't charge your CC until the order shipped anyway.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Spike100

i emailed them and they said that the order will be cancelled today. But i don't know how they'll cancel it because i never told them anything about the order number or account name ahah
Details... who needs 'em?

Here is the sure-fire way to get your order cancelled:
  • Drive to the retail site for onlinetires.com, and hang around at the Will Call Window. Make certain they notice your presence.

• If you are older like I am, feign dementia (unfortunately, easy for me to do these days). You should act confused and constantly repeat yourself while questioning the order.

• If you are younger, offer to show them your Super Bowl ring that you won as a player, and also tell them in detail about the time you threw a no-hitter in the World Series.

• Tell them that you typically contest any order you place on your credit card.

That should do it. They will gladly cancel anything you ordered from them.

--Spike

Last edited by Spike100; 08-10-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:28 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

i've read quite a few of negative reviews on onlinetires.com
for me that would be reason enough not to worry about the $40 and go for better service.
g/l with getting it sorted out.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:03 AM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by vex008
for me that would be reason enough not to worry about the $40 and go for better service.
g/l with getting it sorted out.
+1. Good luck.

Btw, I use tires-easy.com. NEVER had any complaints from them, and they're very inexpensive.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 AM
neal@tirerack
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Give me a call, I may have what you're looking for.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:48 AM
JDMStanced

Originally Posted by neal@tirerack
Give me a call, I may have what you're looking for.
If i remember correctly, Tirerack does not carry NItto invos.. I ordered mine at discount tire direct because they sell them pretty cheap and free shipping
thx anyways.

Quick Reply: onlinetires.com