350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-23-2010, 06:02 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP-STATUS
First off, my post was meant as a joke, not a personal attack. Moreover, it takes quite a leap to construe the statement as a personal attack. I in no way whatsoever degraded you, your family, or anything else for that matter except for your business with my friend.

If you want to take it personal, then by all means, but take it personal to your business practice in this instance with my friend and not to you or your family. If you want to twist my little joke into being something that it wasnt, please do it to yourself and dont parade around here accusing me of a far fetched personal attack while your business is under the gun. I dont know you personally, and i will not ever say anything degrading about you personally or even worse your family.

I'd like to believe this counter on my statement wasnt an attempt to gain some sympathy for your business in this situation, but the rest of your post points to just such an intention with explaining the process involved in ordering parts.

And really? member since 08' and 8 iTrader....really? What does that have to do with anything whatsoever? Is that a gauge of my knowledge? And those who know me personally will attest to the fact that MUCH more than 8 parts purchases have occured both on and off this site, with MANY different vendors and many "from japan" parts. I just dont understand why this was brought up....maybe im not elite enough to understand that trading companies bring in products, or container sizes, or that just cause it says "Made in Japan" doesnt mean it is?

I dont know you, Rick, you might very well be an awesome guy...im not judging that one way or the other, nor is any of whats said meant to take as personal...just business. Would i order from you after what happened to Albert...no. Do i think there is a plausible excuse on your part for his wheels taking over a year....no. Thats my opinion, and this is the internet.

I just hope your putting as much effort into getting these guys their wheels as you did in explaining yourself in those long posts.

Dont take it personal, it's just business.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Why does Rick have to keep explaining why the wheels need time to be received?
he's already explained this several times in different threads.

Rather than jumping on a legit vendor that has supported the forum and all of us for a long time, take a second to get your facts straight.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:52 PM
wayneside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
First off, my post was meant as a joke, not a personal attack. Moreover, it takes quite a leap to construe the statement as a personal attack. I in no way whatsoever degraded you, your family, or anything else for that matter except for your business with my friend.

If you want to take it personal, then by all means, but take it personal to your business practice in this instance with my friend and not to you or your family. If you want to twist my little joke into being something that it wasnt, please do it to yourself and dont parade around here accusing me of a far fetched personal attack while your business is under the gun. I dont know you personally, and i will not ever say anything degrading about you personally or even worse your family.

I'd like to believe this counter on my statement wasnt an attempt to gain some sympathy for your business in this situation, but the rest of your post points to just such an intention with explaining the process involved in ordering parts.

And really? member since 08' and 8 iTrader....really? What does that have to do with anything whatsoever? Is that a gauge of my knowledge? And those who know me personally will attest to the fact that MUCH more than 8 parts purchases have occured both on and off this site, with MANY different vendors and many "from japan" parts. I just dont understand why this was brought up....maybe im not elite enough to understand that trading companies bring in products, or container sizes, or that just cause it says "Made in Japan" doesnt mean it is?

I dont know you, Rick, you might very well be an awesome guy...im not judging that one way or the other, nor is any of whats said meant to take as personal...just business. Would i order from you after what happened to Albert...no. Do i think there is a plausible excuse on your part for his wheels taking over a year....no. Thats my opinion, and this is the internet.

I just hope your putting as much effort into getting these guys their wheels as you did in explaining yourself in those long posts.

Dont take it personal, it's just business.
I understand now that you are taking it as a joke but I too would have taken it as a personal poke mentioning Rick's child. I too am waiting on some wheels but I'm ok with it and have confidence that they will arrive...
Old 11-23-2010, 09:12 PM
calin
Banned

Like Rick said, the waiting time for wheels is totally out of his hands. There is nothing he can do to speed up the time since that's all up to the companies that make the wheels in Japan. I bought my Work wheels through Rick. Sure it took a few months to receive them, but most wheels that are made and shipped from overseas take a while. It's the price you pay for buying nice wheels.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:24 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Why does Rick have to keep explaining why the wheels need time to be received?
1 year!?
I'm speaking from Blackheart's POV, others may not have waited as long as he has.

If Rick or any reputable vendor say: "the wheels may take up to 1 year for it to arrive," then there's no one to blame.

I haven't read any of the thread Rick previously posted his explanation on the ETA of wheels... even then if I or any buyer knew the possible year wait, I'd go somewhere else. Then again, it's probably the same story with other vendors

Originally Posted by wayneside
I understand now that you are taking it as a joke but I too would have taken it as a personal poke mentioning Rick's child. I too am waiting on some wheels but I'm ok with it and have confidence that they will arrive...
How long have you waited wayne?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:56 PM
narkotic

I've been lucky enough to have Rick as a local go-to guy for anything wheel / tire / suspension related... He's an extremely busy guy every time I go to their shop, so you just have to be persistent. He's always got the best attitude and will go out of his way for customers, which is probably why they're still in business.

I'm sure my attitude would be different if I were a consumer on the other side of the country that ordered something over the phone. I try to deal locally if at all possible, a luxury I have living in So Cal.

At any rate, I hope this doesn't deter anyone from working with VIP or Rick as a person!

Pete
Old 11-23-2010, 11:47 PM
GeauxLadyZ

I understand your opinion. I can be hard headed about my words meanings even when open to interpretation, but I just don't see it as a personal attack, and it definitely wasn't meant as such.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:56 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Was the joke in bad taste, yes. Was it a personal attack, no.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:27 AM
VIP-STATUS
Banned

Originally Posted by stogey420time
1 year!?
I'm speaking from Blackheart's POV, others may not have waited as long as he has.

If Rick or any reputable vendor say: "the wheels may take up to 1 year for it to arrive," then there's no one to blame.
Did Albert tell you of all the facts?

I've been more than lenient with him,as the customer comes first and I always want to make sure they are happy.

On 12/24; he ordered 19x9.5+24// and 19x10.5+23 Meisters.

I shipped him loaner wheels[Mind you 2000 dollars out of my own pocket] since Work had notified they would run a bit slow on the production of the wheels; (Currently (akin to today) as VSXX's are on 3-4 month production backorder from Japan).....

He then liked the way the way the 18's sat on his car and drove without the roughness of 19's...So then I notified Work that he wanted 18's..Then he said he wanted a hammered gold finish instead of being the satin black....
A few weeks went by and he wanted to switch the fitment on the 18's he had ordered. Initially he ordered 18x9.5+24// 18x10.5+23- He wanted to do +12 (18x9.5+12//18x10.5+12)-Just like the Gram lights I had shipped him as a loaner set to rock so he'd have some fresh kicks to use for the time being....

Now right there- how many changes are those in the production of wheels
(19's to 18's- One swap; switching colors that's a 2nd swap; offset that's a 3rd swap)...

I was then notified by him that he wanted a Stoptech BBK for his vehicle. I then needed to switch the low disk wheels to a mid disk application for the front.Once the barrels are cut if its over a +/- 5 ET difference Work will not modifiy the existing set (rather use a whole new face/barrel).....
I gave him a nice generous price on it(the BBK) since he had been patient with the order of the wheels; and feel free to ask him how fast I shipped it out to him...As Stoptech is a North American Company where I can receive the parts in a timely manner to send out)

He made a total of 4 orders if you add each a la carte...

Coupled with the production time//and delays of the manufacturing of wheels, There you get your 11 months.

Last edited by VIP-STATUS; 11-24-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:26 AM
4DGS

^ Zang!

Old 11-24-2010, 11:40 AM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i am working with Rick on my vs xx and he also changed my order for me from a 9.5 front and 10.5 rear to a 9.5 front and 11 rear on his dollar

and he also offered to send me loaner wheels on his dollar

and i needed a new key for my rays formula lug nuts and he bought me a new key on his dollar
also sent me 5 mm spacers a set of 4 on his dollar
and he is also gonna upgrade my shipping from ground ups to 2nd or 3 rd day ups air on his dollar

i bought volks from him a few years back and the sale went smooth

he has done alot for me trying to push my vs xx delivery date asap by pushing work to hurry up

i can't ask for anything more and i know he is doing his best for me and he always answers all my emails and calls

he happens to be a nice . helpful, honest guy

Last edited by 350zspl; 11-24-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:49 AM
wayneside

Originally Posted by stogey420time
How long have you waited wayne?
I already received two sets...I'm waiting on a few others to come in. One of the sets I'm waiting on has been about 7 months. I'm just waiting for that set to come in so I can finish up a project!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:28 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Rick,

Albert didn't tell me all the switch up he made... I understand now why the long wait but good gawd 11 months is a long wait. He must have made the changes months after the initial transaction.

Yes, I knew you sent him those Gram Lights (in good faith) as I was there that day when Smokey Nagata tuned his car... they look great btw

You've been a honest vendor/guy in this forum since I joined back in 2005. You're no stranger to me... even though I've never done business with you. In fact, the wheels I have on now were purchased through you but I didn't make the initial purchase, a local guy did years back... "awesome guy/shop/ service," is what the guys said.

I only questioned your business ethic due to your lack of response in this thread and after 2/3 long post later... I read, understand and now can stfu and gtfo

Have a Happy Thanksgiving br0

Originally Posted by VIP-STATUS
Did Albert tell you of all the facts?

I've been more than lenient with him,as the customer comes first and I always want to make sure they are happy.

On 12/24; he ordered 19x9.5+24// and 19x10.5+23 Meisters.

I shipped him loaner wheels[Mind you 2000 dollars out of my own pocket] since Work had notified they would run a bit slow on the production of the wheels; (Currently (akin to today) as VSXX's are on 3-4 month production backorder from Japan).....

He then liked the way the way the 18's sat on his car and drove without the roughness of 19's...So then I notified Work that he wanted 18's..Then he said he wanted a hammered gold finish instead of being the satin black....
A few weeks went by and he wanted to switch the fitment on the 18's he had ordered. Initially he ordered 18x9.5+24// 18x10.5+23- He wanted to do +12 (18x9.5+12//18x10.5+12)-Just like the Gram lights I had shipped him as a loaner set to rock so he'd have some fresh kicks to use for the time being....

Now right there- how many changes are those in the production of wheels
(19's to 18's- One swap; switching colors that's a 2nd swap; offset that's a 3rd swap)...

I was then notified by him that he wanted a Stoptech BBK for his vehicle. I then needed to switch the low disk wheels to a mid disk application for the front.Once the barrels are cut if its over a +/- 5 ET difference Work will not modifiy the existing set (rather use a whole new face/barrel).....
I gave him a nice generous price on it(the BBK) since he had been patient with the order of the wheels; and feel free to ask him how fast I shipped it out to him...As Stoptech is a North American Company where I can receive the parts in a timely manner to send out)

He made a total of 4 orders if you add each a la carte...

Coupled with the production time//and delays of the manufacturing of wheels, There you get your 11 months.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:42 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Most of that I already heard from Albert, but I was under the impression the 18's with ET 12 was decided very very early on, before he had the loaner wheels, which the 19's shouldn't have even been in production yet.

Some of that I didn't know, but I did know he decided 18 ET 12 in gold very early on in this thing.

There was also some things told to me that amounted to run-arounds. If he knew the wheel would take a year, which u seem to have had an idea of, I don't understand why him and these others were so in the dark on the proper ETAs. If they would have known, this thread would have never been started.

Trust me, I hope u are right Rick, and I don't mind admitting I was dumbass and looking like a fool on this website if Albert gets his wheels when u said he is supposed to. Again, all I speak about is the business here with my friend, not your business in general, and I've been told conflicting things on both sides. I'm inclined to believe the guy I know personally knowing he wouldn't lie about being told many different false ETAs.

If he gets them now when u say, then awesome, I'll put my foot in my mouth, as I said, I hope I'm proven wrong and he does.

As for this thread deterring future customers as someone said, I'm sure ppl can make up their own minds when choosing who to buy from after reviewing all the facts. if it does turn out Rick was 100% truthful in all his ETAs with Albert, then none of this should be a problem.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Continuously arguing about a non issue is pointless, the facts have been presented and there is nothing more to add.

/thread
Old 11-24-2010, 04:05 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Continuously arguing about a non issue is pointless, the facts have been presented and there is nothing more to add.

/thread
Arguing can stop but the updates shouldn't... I don't think this thread should be close/lock until each member(s) have received their wheels.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Blackheart

yep Rick did make all those changes to my original order. I didnt know much about offsets but once I did I knew I wanted to make a change. Rick made them all without any hesitation. I understood Rick is a busy guy with all the business he does. So at the time I understood it would be hard to get a hold of him. My First set WORK VARIANZAS came from him. The arrival of those were shorter than the original ETA of 60-90 days.

I ordered the meisters on 7-05-09. Rick had mentioned I had to basically wait "on a list" till a certain bulk of meisters were confirmed before WORK would make a run and produce those certain style wheels.
What I didnt realize was how long that wait would be. I would call once in while, but the updates were never a solid confirmed. Usually I got "We are still waiting for the wheels."
many times "Rick is out of the office"
Then Vipstatus changed names, changed address, so the communication almost ceased. I would call but no one knew about my order. "You have to wait for Rick" "Rick is not in"
"Can you Leave a message and a number, and I will have him call you back."
Im a pretty patient guy.
So come febuary, Rick confirms the wheels were not going to make it on time for show in Houston in the month of april. SO if you read the previous posts I have made, Rick did ship me a set of RAYS wheels for the show. At this point I changed the offsets after I saw a +12 would put me at.
I never believed rick would try to scam me, I do have his wheels anyway, I just didnt get enough updates to let me know what was going on or where we stood....
Now if you were in my situation, of course things start running through head-
"Am I ever going to get my wheels?"
"when?"
I think thats pretty normal, Hence why this thread even got started by OP.

Like I said before, its quality I have been waiting for, and I believe Rick will still come through.

Last edited by Blackheart; 11-24-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

To the OP: did you get your wheels?

Blackheart: looks like
its quality I have been waiting for, and I believe Rick will still come through.
its a non issue, just a waiting game?

who else still has issues in this thread?

imho what i've read is VIPstatus is trying their best to remedy the issue, but logistics is always the issue with importing from Japan.. sure there might have been some communication misses.. but what's left in this thread besides beating dead horse?

i'll close it when the OP chimes in..
Old 11-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Cheston, the OP already has his wheels he posted them in the "look what I got today thread"

The rest have unique situations which differ from the OP and should be handled directly with Rick. The others are on a badwagon of lurker ignorance.

Quick Reply: VIP Status Wheels Issue