Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

VIP Status Wheels Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:09 PM
black_03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down VIP Status Wheels Issue

This is sort of a long topic and I need some advice or input. I purchased a set of rims Venaci Spirits from Rick at VIP Status on March 16, 2010. When I first talked to Rick he advised the rims were custom made to order and would probably take a few months to receive them. I thought well that’s fine they’re coming from overseas and they had to make them no big deal. Well I thought wrong!

After about a month goes by I just send Rick a PM to check up on things and to see if he may have an aprox. date the rims may come in. He replies to my PM by stating “it's coming by air for you already.
let me know out what air lines it's on but everything is done and on the way I will get you some ex. toys like nice lugs! what colors would you like? thank you Rick” so at this point I can’t wait to get them. So on May 4 I send a message to Rick asking if there is any update on the rims because I still have not received them yet. He never responds. After days of waiting for a PM I finally call the business. I talk to Rick and he assures me the rims are on the way they were held up at customs. I asked about the earlier message in regards to the air lines he has no comment. He tells me to give him a few days and wait. Well I see others who have paid for the rims and waiting just like myself on the Thread he created. I pm a few members asking I they received there rims and much surprise they have not. Now, myself and a few others are talking back and forth and we’re all hearing the same stories. I think well ok everything is ok, there was just an unexpected hold up. When I had talked to Rick the first time on the phone I changed my tire sizes from what I previously ordered and he stated he would credit the difference on my card. This to the day has still not happened. June, finally rolls and around and still no update and no rims. Each time I call Rick he is either out of the office or the “phone lines” are down. I always seem to have to talk to David, which I feel like honestly tried to help. He advises that Rick is in control of shipping and reimbursements. Now I m at a point were I call daily and several times a day, yet still I cannot get a hold of Rick. As I talk to another member waiting for his rims he advised he went to Rick’s shop and picked his rims up and he confirmed several rims arrived and one box was set to be shipped to Louisiana. Again with the excitement only to be let down.

Late June, I call Rick and actually get a hold of him. He provided me with a tracking number of my rims and stated to check the Fed Ex site later, again I ask about my refund on tires and he states he will send a check. So, the next day I check the tracking number and they do not update I call Rick. He provides me with another tracking number which later updates. The package is set to be delivered first of July. So now the day arrives when Fed Ex is to deliver. I’m at home waiting as I see Fed Ex pull up. I go outside and the guy asked how many packages I was to receive? I said 4. He advised well I only have three and I was hot! I inspected the wheels to make sure they were not damaged and off the phone I went calling Rick. I called Rick and he told me that one box fell apart and he had to take it back and repackage it. Ok, I can understand that, but no courtesy phone call letting me know of the delay? The next day I call and get a new tracking number from Rick and he advised that my 4th rim along with lugs and hub rings are on the way. A week later it arrives, I check it no damage, but no lugs are rings. On to the good part. I’m looking at the rims to check my offsets and sizes. I ordered 19x9.5 et+15 and 19x11 et+ 15 and I received 19x9.5 et+20 and 19x10.5 et+20, but the tire sizes were correct. I call Rick and explain to him I am not happy I waited and was patient this entire time only to receive the wrong rims. He advised that he had to make a call to Japan to see what went wrong to call him back tomorrow. Ok we’re approaching first of August. I call Rick and let him know this is not what I paid $4000 for and I want my order. Not only were the sizes wrong, but his adds were misleading. The 5’ lip you were to have in the rear was only 4.25” and the lip surface itself was wrong. He tells me just to drive on them until he receives his next shipment late Aug early Sept. I advise no, because I do not want to take the risk of damaging them. He agrees and states he has someone interested in these so he will place an order of new rims for me and have Fed Ex come get these. Well I agree only because he stated now instead of the $250 refund he would give me “sponsorship” pricing and give me a total of $650 back along with new rims. So now mid Aug. I call Rick and ask when will Fed Ex come get these rims. He advised that he will mail me shipping labels along with my $650 refund. The next day I receive a package from Fed Ex, it’s the labels, but no refund. I call Rick and let him know about the label and before I mentioned it he advised the check was not sent because his assistant forgot so he will mail it out. Fed Ex comes the next day to pick up the rims I was sent only to be sent to Canada to someone else who ordered his rims. After many more attempts to get in touch with Rick and have him send the check, to this day it has not come. However, he states almost each week he has sent one. If you sent a check every other week, by now I should have at least received one right? Now the original receiving date of first of September has changed to the middle and now the end. For someone to have such positive feedback, his customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered.

The point of this thread is for someone at VIP Status to man up. I want what I paid for and my refund you promised. If I could have a full refund and buy from someone else I would! The continuous misleading and lies this company portrays is ridiculous. I am almost to a point where I am going to rent a vehicle and travel to Cali, to get my refund. I’m not here to bash VIP or Rick, but I want a resolution. So Rick if you read this you have my number to contact me.

Thanks,
Chase

Last edited by black_03; 09-18-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:29 PM
SE5spd

man that sucks! thats what always makes me scared about ordering from vendors and stuff online instead of just going to my local shop and ordering my stuff.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:34 PM
OMERTAITALIA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a wack situation, good luck op, i want to order rims, now im gonna make sure i can pick them up .
Old 09-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is not a scam just a misunderstanding, you need to correct your title.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:44 PM
calin
Banned

uh oh...
Old 09-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

a misunderstanding is a little generous. more like a series of terrible customer service and communication or lack of communication..

sorry for your troubles.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:06 PM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 AM
blues

wow that sucks,try calling your credit card.it might be too long already..it's always scared to order anything online now..but good luck with your situation..
Old 09-19-2010, 10:11 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Can't wait to hear the other side of the story. As we all know, there are three sides to every story - yours, theirs and the truth which is somewhere between.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:54 AM
black_03

Originally Posted by Waizzz
This is not a scam just a misunderstanding, you need to correct your title.
It's more than a misunderstanding. When you are constantly provided with inaccurate info, no one responds to your messages and the vendor screens your phone calls what would you call that?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:59 AM
black_03

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Can't wait to hear the other side of the story. As we all know, there are three sides to every story - yours, theirs and the truth which is somewhere between.
I would like to hear it also. Since I cannot get a response any other method, this seemed to be my last resort. If all matters are cleared up, I will be more than happy to have this thread closed. Until then I'll just wait to hear from Rick.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:15 PM
hoots123

i will vouch that its been one hell of a journey to get my rims.. or should i call them your rims.. im the one from canada. i dont have time to post right now. but i finally recieved my rims via CHASE/rick?. and yes 3 boxes are the same and 1 box was diffrent. no lugs or hub rims. im dealing with visa right now and i will post after all is cleared up. im supposed to get some money refunded.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:25 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

wow that's crazy, hate 2 hear about stuff like this
Old 09-19-2010, 04:10 PM
hwcustoms

Hope it all works out
Old 09-19-2010, 04:13 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

me 2. Kinda figured them to b ****** but not Low lifes
Old 09-19-2010, 04:23 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
me 2. Kinda figured them to b ****** but not Low lifes
******? Have you ever personally dealt with Rick or anybody at Status?
Old 09-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Entaille
a misunderstanding is a little generous. more like a series of terrible customer service and communication or lack of communication..

sorry for your troubles.

agreed

I hope the OP and the canadian both get what they're entitled to out of these deals.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:31 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Iv had a few PMs back in fourth

Last edited by 2004Black350z; 09-21-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Rubidium

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their Website is down Status Autoworks .

A list of authorized dealers

Last edited by Rubidium; 09-19-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
calin
Banned

Originally Posted by Rubidium
No it's not. They recently changed their name to Status Auto Design.

http://www.statusautodesign.com/

Quick Reply: VIP Status Wheels Issue