Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Dan from Wheeldude " Z owners are by far the biggest brand snobs"

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I think what he said is pretty true, but in the end.. that mindset really helps the auto-parts business as a whole. companies like rota would not have any products to copy if folks weren't gung ho about buying quality authentic pieces. in order for the replicas to be successful, the real deal must be successful.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:43 AM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PEOPLE, get your facts together. I talked to Zoeb@wheeldude no more than 3-5 days ago, he stated DAN was not working anymore in there. I can't comment on his post. He posted it as a forum member and not as a vendor. Doesn't he have the right to do that. He is not there posting crap as vendor. On a side, from my personal experience. Dan is a really cool guy(local). Although he was attacked here countless times, he still offered service to those on a budget. As a vendor, he never lied, claimed or compared his products to any of the JDM brands. Also, he never scammed or failed to provide a good customer service to those on a budget.

NOW, ON THE EVO FORUMS AND STI AS WELL, THERE ARE A BUNCH OF POSSERS THAT SUPPORT THEMSELVES POSSING THEIR ROTA'S WITH VOLK STICKERS AND HELLA RETARDED OFFSETS. EVEN ONE OF THE CARS THAT WAS NOMINATED AS CAR OF THE YEAR FOR WHEELDUDE IN THE EVOX FORUM WAS ROCKING VOLK STICKERS. SO, IMO... I wouldn't care about what some of those guys have to say. At least, over here... there is a certain number of people that supports companies that bring as the best product they can offer.

Guy from the wheeldude contest with volk stickers(scored a third place lol)
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-s...ll-thread.html
what a way to support their own product... IDK their business practices, but kinda lame to let that posser in imo lol

Proven before what makes rota's, varrstoen's, and others reps so hated. Various Rota owners created all this by doing their VOLK RACING DECAL mod on their wheels and making claims they are getting the same product for a lower cost. You gotta be an idiot to compare an engineered proven wheel that is used internationally on professional competitions vs some replica wheel that has no data other than sponsoring track cars and that is made in facility that who knows what are the manufacturing standards.

If you make a price wise comparison, fabrication methods and engineering had been discussed a couple of times, so no point on feeding the troll in here.

I personally do not hate rota's, nor love them. I tracked a set 2 years ago for a full year and they did the job. The wheels had no problem at the end of the season. My only concern was the weight of the wheels.

I've seen many people saying rotas bend, crack, etc... of course they do, but VOLKS, RAYS, and other wheels as well do. You gotta be stupid to bring that topic up.

People move on. . IF NOT, there is some funny entertainment:

"So their wheels are not the same, they got the looks and the offset"

the same to what....??? also "concavity is horrible".. huh they copy a wheel design.. wtf is so different?? adding the +0 offset? that can be costum ordered

wheels coming out from stupid vendors that ends up on hands of some retarded people that can run a proper set ups.

Since they lunched their products, I started to see more HONDA-look alike Z's just because of those wheels with funky colors and fitment. really sad

http://varrstoen.com/blog/?p=937

Bit drunk and I'm out LOL

Last edited by ITOzann; 01-09-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:14 AM
derekinthez

I agree. Z owners are wheel snobs.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:27 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Dan called it as he saw it, and it true of a segment of the Z owning population. If you can say that all the Rota and Varestoen bashing here is not in some part due to "snobbery", then you're not being honest.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:33 AM
BSERIEuS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came from the honda community and I would say that the "wheel snobbery" exists there just as much...if not...even more than here!

i have rocked real deal wheels on many of my cars and i have even rocked rotas! you gotta start somewhere right? i once was a wheel *****/snob until i realized that i have wasted alot of money. lol.

anyways, ROTA = baullin on a budget. if you don't like rotas.....don't buy them.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:12 PM
JDM555

I'm thinking OP is a damn troll and just wants to start ****. Mods, how about you close this useless thread huh?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:19 PM
baker0308

i hope someone post this tread back on the evo community forums, showing them how F#$*ing retarded some people are on my350z......

Rota, Volk, Varrs...... the owner of the car can put what even the f they want!!

Wheeldude.com ftw
Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,674 Posts

Originally Posted by baker0308
i hope someone post this tread back on the evo community forums, showing them how F#$*ing retarded some people are on my350z......

Rota, Volk, Varrs...... the owner of the car can put what even the f they want!!

Wheeldude.com ftw
+1, but i agree you shouldn't put Volk or what ever decals on you replica wheels.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:33 PM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Z's were expensive when you could buy them New for $30-$40k...and if your income is $20-$40k.

A waiter would think a new carolla for $17k is expensive...

and for the crowd that is mostly on these forums now a Z is expensive...you guys need to stop saying 350s are cheap...your perspective is skewed.

Last edited by zerafian; 01-09-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:50 PM
JDM555

Originally Posted by zerafian
Z's were expensive when you could buy them New for $30-$40k...and if your income is $20-$40k.

and for the crowd that is mostly on these forums now a Z is expensive...you guys need to stop saying 350s are cheap...your perspective is skewed.
La La La

Last edited by JDM555; 01-09-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This
Old 01-09-2011, 04:03 PM
VQpoweredZ

Its ironic how some of the people who say 350z's are cheap can't justify spending money on a quality set of rims.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:59 PM
JDM555

I'm loving all the talk about how a 350Z is an expensive way. There is no way in hell you can say a Z is an expensive car. Maybe if you said 370Z, maybe and still that is off. But 350Z? No. Just no. So no, that no matter how much you try, you can't argue and this case is closed. Lol

Z's can be found under 10,000 now and a nice condition 06-08 for under 20,000.

Expensive is like $50,000+ from dealer. Saying a $30,000 car is expensive is...blasphemy. A WRX Premium 5 Door costs $27,500. Is that an expensive car too? $5,000 rims sounds like a smart investment!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:00 PM
ITOzann

P

True....sadly most of he new 350z owners pick up their cars on a used condition. Some fools really don't understand what our cars are worth or what is behind the fairlady legacy.

Originally Posted by JDM555
La La La
Old 01-09-2011, 05:15 PM
ITOzann

I'm loving all the talk about how a 350Z is an expensive way. There is no way in hell you can say a Z is an expensive car. Maybe if you said 370Z, maybe and still that is off. But 350Z? No. Just no. So no, that no matter how much you try, you can't argue and this case is closed. Lol

Z's can be found under 10,000 now and a nice condition 06-08 for under 20,000.

Expensive is like $50,000+ from dealer. Saying a $30,000 car is expensive is...blasphemy. A WRX Premium 5 Door costs $27,500. Is that an expensive car too? $5,000 rims sounds like a smart investment!
If it is not expensive, why are there so many people financing a 350z up to now on its current market value. You are talking about a cheap car, have you paid off your car?

Damn... you srs are a smartass.... maybe your mommy bought you a car..
Old 01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
JDM555

Originally Posted by ITOzann
If it is not expensive, why are there so many people financing a 350z up to now on its current market value. You are talking about a cheap car, have you paid off your car?

Damn... you srs are a smartass.... maybe your mommy bought you a car..
Lol. Smart *** huh? Real mature. It's just people saying 350Z is an expensive car is mind boggling. I'm amazed. The economy sucks now and some people want nice cars even when they don't have a lot of money. That has nothing to do with value of the car, how are you comparing that? Like seriously?

Second. My car is paid off. I sold my last car and used what I had saved to get this car. So no, I don't have monthly payments on my car...I own it. Thanks for trying to show everyone you have no idea what you are talking about, cause it worked perfectly. Good day Sir.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Lol. Smart *** huh? Real mature. It's just people saying 350Z is an expensive car is mind boggling. I'm amazed. The economy sucks now and some people want nice cars even when they don't have a lot of money. That has nothing to do with value of the car, how are you comparing that? Like seriously?

Second. My car is paid off. I sold my last car and used what I had saved to get this car. So no, I don't have monthly payments on my car...I own it. Thanks for trying to show everyone you have no idea what you are talking about, cause it worked perfectly. Good day Sir.
No one said it's expensive, but certain versions are definitely affordable.

I still LOL when I see your sn after everyone suggested that your username be PDM555 after you posted the Rotas that you bought in another thread.

I'm not hating on Rotas, just thought it was funny.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:49 PM
JDM555

Originally Posted by Waizzz
No one said it's expensive, but certain versions are definitely affordable.

I still LOL when I see your sn after everyone suggested that your username be PDM555 after you posted the Rotas that you bought in another thread.
PDM555? Rotas "I bought"? I never bought Rotas for the Z or heard anything about PDM555. I'm lost.

Guessing instead of "Japanese" to change it to "Philippine" Domestic Market? HILARIOUS!!! Oh my LOL! I was on the floor laughing broeski!

Funny thing is, my SN isn't "JDM" as in "Japanese Domestic Market", they are actually my Initials. But darn, that was SO CLEVER for someone to say PDM555...I'm literally crying from the laughter!

Last edited by JDM555; 01-09-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Wait for it, it wasn't you but someone else:

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...z-mounted.html
Old 01-09-2011, 06:08 PM
JDM555

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Wait for it, it wasn't you but someone else:

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...z-mounted.html
Just rude. That shows why Z/G drivers are hated. Douchebag, brand *****, negative people who think you have to have $5,000 wheels with the most "JDM" parts to fit in. What a joke.

And don't say that PDM childish nonsense with me. I'm rocking OEM. I'm not FOR Rotas and Varrs and against Volks or other higher end "legit" wheels. I'm just saying we are all Z drivers, no reason to hate on someone else because of a wheel they bought. Just appreciate the damn car.

Quick Reply: Dan from Wheeldude " Z owners are by far the biggest brand snobs"