Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

wheel spacers advice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Nissahn775

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wheel spacers advice?

hello guys ive decided to get wheel spacers for my z. my tires arnt the best for my car, they are 225/35/20. the wheels are a bit inside the wheel whale and i wanted some recomendation on wheel spacers. i was thinking 15mm on the back and 10mm in the front???Also what are good brands for wheel spacers but not crazy expensive thanks
Old 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM
T3N

let the flames begin!!!

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-...er-thread.html
Old 05-22-2011, 08:52 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ugh
search
Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Nissahn775

ok i skimmed the thread thanks.. Now i gotta do some research on it.. I just wanted recommondations =/
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 PM
sportbiketed

this will help

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp
Old 05-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Nissahn775

thanks i got 20mm by that.. that might work.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:28 PM
sportbiketed

You could also measure with a ruler.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:12 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
No way. Members pulling numbers out their asses is better than a tape.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
archangele

Oh boy, you may want to talk to someone with an engineering background. These cars use a fairly sophisticated suspension which, from looking at it, would not appreciate any extra torque stresses. It may sound like a nit to add a few MM spacer and an inch or so wider tire, but that translates into a major increase in the actual loads seen by such things as ball joints, control arms and such. Do a lot of research. Actually, a simplistic suggestion... Talk to a Nissan mechanic and see if doing this would void a new 350's warrantee. There is generally a reason why a car company voids a warrantee if certain accessories are added to the car. It is generally because it causes things to break prematurely. Not a big fan of suspension parts breaking. Find out from a real mechanic who knows these cars before you do this.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:04 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by archangele
Oh boy, you may want to talk to someone with an engineering background. These cars use a fairly sophisticated suspension which, from looking at it, would not appreciate any extra torque stresses. It may sound like a nit to add a few MM spacer and an inch or so wider tire, but that translates into a major increase in the actual loads seen by such things as ball joints, control arms and such. Do a lot of research. Actually, a simplistic suggestion... Talk to a Nissan mechanic and see if doing this would void a new 350's warrantee. There is generally a reason why a car company voids a warrantee if certain accessories are added to the car. It is generally because it causes things to break prematurely. Not a big fan of suspension parts breaking. Find out from a real mechanic who knows these cars before you do this.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:56 PM
sportbiketed

Umm no
Old 05-24-2011, 02:55 PM
davidv

Troublemaker.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

4 in a row

Anyone dare to go more
Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Nissahn775

so im guessing several of you do nottt agree with midz350???
Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Nissahn775

my bad i ment archangele..sorry mid350 just quoted it
Old 05-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Nissahn775

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sportbiketed

that would help a lot lol thanks
Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 PM
sportbiketed

Originally Posted by Nissahn775
so im guessing several of you do nottt agree with archangele???
yeah just ignore him
Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

so im guessing several of you do nottt agree with midz350???
Old 05-26-2011, 04:25 PM
davidv

my bad i ment archangele..sorry mid350 just quoted it
The post is 99 percent accurate. Whether you move mass (wheel-tire) further away from the hub with spacers, offset or wide wheels, you are looking for trouble. Members decided long ago that looks trump reliability.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:04 PM
jlz33

this dude is right. i wouldn't recommend wheel spacers b/c it will wear out your wheel hub bearings prematurely and they are expensive to replace. i know this because it happened to me. just leave your car alone and don't **** with it.just drive it stock if you planning to keep the car for long time. the 350z's are nice cars but the nissan engineers didn't provide a large boundary for people to modify it,they designed the car way too weak and delicate(cost savings)i guess they didn't think about all the modifications people were going to do to the z. you want a fast car? buy gt-r or 911.

Quick Reply: wheel spacers advice?