Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:22 AM
NISSAN350zed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires

Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires?
You can see them here: http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-9015-vre...nta-tires.aspx

Anyone own these or heard anything about them? Considering picking a pair up. Heard pretty good things from consumer magazines, but id much prefer some first hand customer experiences.

Much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:32 AM
datsunHEAD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do a search, there is a thread already
Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

A few years ago they were the "hot" tires to have. I think people found out the old adage that you get what you pay for was oh-so-true in this case. Now you hardly see them mentioned anymore.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Zoom750

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You also might want to check on G35driver for reviews.

In general, the Sessantas are decent tires, especially for the money.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have them on my car, held up very well on the tail of the dragon, never got squirrely, I like them enough to replace my toyo T1Rs
Old 05-20-2012, 02:21 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
A few years ago they were the "hot" tires to have. I think people found out the old adage that you get what you pay for was oh-so-true in this case. Now you hardly see them mentioned anymore.
HMM...
I have seen TONS of feedback on Euro forums recently...very positive.
I will be looking at these myself..they come in a wide range of aggressive sizing too.

Last edited by ronn1; 05-20-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:19 AM
microsteve40
Know it all

I used these for a couple years. I thought they compared very favorably to the T1-R's I used to run, but at a much better price. However, they didn't last long at all once I went to a more "stanced" setup, so I switched to Falkens at that time.

I would definitely use them again on a application where I wasn't running much camber.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:58 AM
ronn1

Originally Posted by microsteve40
I used these for a couple years. I thought they compared very favorably to the T1-R's I used to run, but at a much better price. However, they didn't last long at all once I went to a more "stanced" setup, so I switched to Falkens at that time.

I would definitely use them again on a application where I wasn't running much camber.
Thanks..I'm running around 1.5 up front and 2.3 rear. My Cooper RS-3s after 10K miles show little inner tire wear. I hear Vreds have more rubber on the outside for cornering..maybe they give up a little on the inside?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:06 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ronn1
Thanks..I'm running around 1.5 up front and 2.3 rear. My Cooper RS-3s after 10K miles show little inner tire wear. I hear Vreds have more rubber on the outside for cornering..maybe they give up a little on the inside?
-2.3 rear as a daily driver? Seems a bit much for the road.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:52 PM
ronn1

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
-2.3 rear as a daily driver? Seems a bit much for the road.
I'm lowered 1"...and actually, it's just above max spec of -2.1 rear. I'm really not concerned. I have 10K miles on tires with minimal inner wear....what can I say?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm lowered 1"...and actually, it's just above max spec of -2.1 rear. I'm really not concerned. I have 10K miles on tires with minimal inner wear....what can I say?
If it works
Old 05-21-2012, 10:04 PM
jomamahama

I've had mine for a couple of years on my G35 and put about 20-25K miles on them. 1/3 tread left on the rears until I need to change. I just drive daily like a normal person and floor it once every couple of days.
225/40/19 and 245/40/19 stock potenzas original
245/35/19 and 255/40/19 vredestein ultrac sessanta

They cost me about $9xx shipped and I still think you can get them for under $1000.
They are wearing slower than my potenzas and are not as rock hard which is the best part. The wider fronts give me more understeer and rolling resistance but it feels good (to me). I would say they are slightly quieter than the potenzas even though they are wider (wider usually = louder). If you go up to 40 cold psi it is a pretty smooth and quieter ride but I like it at 34-36.

Dry traction is excellent, much better than stock.
I've driven through a couple of flash floods, 3 inches of rain in an hour, faster than your wipers can clear rain for visibility, and still had traction up to 45-50mph at which point you can feel the hydroplane (it was a 3 lane highway with no cars around so I tested it out). I feel that they channel water pretty well in heavy rain but when the road is just a little slick or with light rain there is more traction loss than you'd expect, especially when trying to brake on the painted road lines/turn arrows.

Now remember, this is from just an average joe stock daily driver. As Dave said, especially on the track, you will probably get what you pay for.

I've thought about trying the michelin super sports for my next set but my fronts wear half as fast so I will go through another set of vredesteins for the rear.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 PM
ronn1

Originally Posted by jomamahama
I've had mine for a couple of years on my G35 and put about 20-25K miles on them. 1/3 tread left on the rears until I need to change. I just drive daily like a normal person and floor it once every couple of days.
225/40/19 and 245/40/19 stock potenzas original
245/35/19 and 255/40/19 vredestein ultrac sessanta

They cost me about $9xx shipped and I still think you can get them for under $1000.
They are wearing slower than my potenzas and are not as rock hard which is the best part. The wider fronts give me more understeer and rolling resistance but it feels good (to me). I would say they are slightly quieter than the potenzas even though they are wider (wider usually = louder). If you go up to 40 cold psi it is a pretty smooth and quieter ride but I like it at 34-36.

Dry traction is excellent, much better than stock.
I've driven through a couple of flash floods, 3 inches of rain in an hour, faster than your wipers can clear rain for visibility, and still had traction up to 45-50mph at which point you can feel the hydroplane (it was a 3 lane highway with no cars around so I tested it out). I feel that they channel water pretty well in heavy rain but when the road is just a little slick or with light rain there is more traction loss than you'd expect, especially when trying to brake on the painted road lines/turn arrows.

Now remember, this is from just an average joe stock daily driver. As Dave said, especially on the track, you will probably get what you pay for.

I've thought about trying the michelin super sports for my next set but my fronts wear half as fast so I will go through another set of vredesteins for the rear.
Not looking for a track tire, but an *Ultra HP Summer* type tire. It looks like these will perform very well in aggressive street driving and SUPERBLY in the wet. The feedback I have read on these has been really extremely positive so far.
Thanks for feedback.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
They were a hot tire to get because of the price. I have them on my car and they are very good considering you could get them for 25% less than almost any other tire. Now, they are priced more comparatively and aren't really worth tracking down a set when there are a handful of other tires more readily available that are about as good.

I have been running continental DW and DWS on other cars, depending on pricing those will likely be my next tires for the Z

Last edited by Zivman; 05-26-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 PM
ronn1

Originally Posted by Zivman
They were a hot tire to get because of the price. I have them on my car and they are very good considering you could get them for 25% less than almost any other tire. Now, they are priced more comparatively and aren't really worth tracking down a set when there are a handful of other tires more readily available that are about as good.

I have been running continental DW and DWS on other cars, depending on pricing those will likely be my next tires for the Z
Still priced right...
Old 05-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Zivman

Still priced right...
All I know is I priced them out last year for my second set of wheels and they were 250 bucks more than I payed for.my first set. For that kind of money there are plenty of.choices
Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 AM
ronn1

All I know is I priced them out last year for my second set of wheels and they were 250 bucks more than I payed for.my first set. For that kind of money there are plenty of.choices
Check out prices here..even with shipping you're looking at around $850 for a set (265s and 295s 18").

http://www.vulcantire.com/sessanta_t.htm
Old 05-28-2012, 04:41 AM
Zivman

Check out prices here..even with shipping you're looking at around $850 for a set (265s and 295s 18").

http://www.vulcantire.com/sessanta_t.htm
Not a bad price. I think I paid about 725 for a similar setup a few yrs back. they are worth the money IMHO, but still for the money, there are other good tires out there
Old 05-28-2012, 09:53 AM
ronn1

Not a bad price. I think I paid about 725 for a similar setup a few yrs back. they are worth the money IMHO, but still for the money, there are other good tires out there
$725 SHIPPED for those sizes?
Anyway, what other tires (ultra Summer..not Max) would you recommend in THOSE SIZES at $850 out the door? The only other ones I can think of are VentusEvo, Nitto Invo and RE760. The first two have softer sidewalls, so the RE760 would be the only other one for me (at these prices in those sizes).
Old 05-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Zivman

$725 SHIPPED for those sizes?
Anyway, what other tires (ultra Summer..not Max) would you recommend in THOSE SIZES at $850 out the door? The only other ones I can think of are VentusEvo, Nitto Invo and RE760. The first two have softer sidewalls, so the RE760 would be the only other one for me (at these prices in those sizes).
265/35/18, 295/35/18 is what I am running. Not sure the exact price I paid, but it was under 750 shipped. When I priced them out again for my second set, they came out to 950 shipped. I decided to buy local and get KDW2 BFG. came out to under a grand installed and while not the quietest tire out there, they are grippy.

So, for about the same money you could get conti DW, KDW2 BFG, and the tires you listed. I am not badmouthing the vredesteins, just saying for about a grand (850 + install) you have choices that might be more readily available. My local shops can source and install other brands in the same day vs ordering the vredesteins on my own and then taking them in with me for install.

Quick Reply: Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires