Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Why does Ebay say these tires are incompatible? - Stock wheels/tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MantisMan
discounttiredirect.com

Just bought a pair of those not too long ago and love em so far.
These guys are primo for best price and service..the BEST!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:10 PM
ou8thisSN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may have spoken too soon. When the tires were mounted, the TPMS read 35 psi all around. 3 hours later, one of the front tires read 31. Now, maybe I was so excited I didnt actually check the psi and assumed it was 35 when walmart installed it. I took the car and filled air in that tire. Tommorrow morning i'll know. Is it possible these guys at walmart punctured something while installing it? Do they check for leaks before installing a new tire? Or could the tire have been damaged while it was shipped? I really hope I dont have to take it in tomorrow again.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:33 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ou8thisSN
I may have spoken too soon. When the tires were mounted, the TPMS read 35 psi all around. 3 hours later, one of the front tires read 31. Now, maybe I was so excited I didnt actually check the psi and assumed it was 35 when walmart installed it. I took the car and filled air in that tire. Tommorrow morning i'll know. Is it possible these guys at walmart punctured something while installing it? Do they check for leaks before installing a new tire? Or could the tire have been damaged while it was shipped? I really hope I dont have to take it in tomorrow again.
If tire temps were WARMER at first reading, the PSI will DROP if those temps were lower 3 hrs later. Also, gauges may vary. Don't worry.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:55 AM
ou8thisSN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, they screwed up. It was at 23 psi this morning. I took it back to walmart, the (different) tech looked at it and said last night's tech forgot to tighten a valve stem. Anyway, hopefully things are good now and will stay that way.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:53 AM
SHILOW

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ou8thisSN
I bought tires from discounttiredirect.com, NOT discounttire.com. The former site only sells tires, and then you have them installed, which I had done at walmart today ($22, 10 to mount, 10 for TPMS fee).

A huge world of difference driving back from walmart. It feels so much more smoother than the tires I had (which goes to show how much in bad shape the old ones were). Thanks again everyone for all the help!
Never let walmart do anything to you car man.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

www.Discounttiredirect.com