Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Beware of HW Motorsport & Brians Auto

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 11:30 PM
ZRAYGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Beware of HW Motorsport & Brians Auto

Ok guys, here is a doozie. It all started about 2 months ago when I bought what I thought was a set of Symbolic SL7 Rims for my '03 350Z from HW Motorsport (located in Garden Grove, Ca). I requested that I get 19x9.5 for the front and 20x10.5 for the rear. I did not know what the offset should be and I let them know that and they said not to worry that they would take care of everything. I asked him if they knew if they would evan fit (rear) adn they said not to worry that it would be ok. I asked for the price and the rims total ran me about $4200. So since I have a good repor with them, I usually pay and buy 1 rim at a time so that I can display it in my garage for motivational purposes. I put down $1000 and they told me that I would be able to pick up a rim in about 1 week. I came back in about 10 days to see if they had the rim and they did not. They said that they would have it at the end of the week. I came back that friday and requested the rims and he had 2 fronts. I put down another $1000 and he gave me both of the other rims. I asked him when the rears would be in and he sadi by teh end of next week. I said ok, ill return next friday.

Wehn I returned adn asked for the other rims he brought them out and they looked hella-sweet. I asked him to mount 1 of the rear rims to see if they would fit and they agreed. When they mounted one of the rims it barely fit. It kind of skateboarded off the side of the car. The dude that mounted the rim then made a comment. He said 'both of these rims are different width's'. I said what? He then said 'look.....' and he brought over the other rear rim and sat it next to the other rim. Srue enough they were different widths. He then took out his tape measure.....one rim measure 20x11 and the other 20x9.5. I WAS PISSED!!! I asked him what the hell was going on, he then said not to worry that he would send it back to Brians Auto (Whittier) to have it reworked. I then said why dont you send it back to Symbolic and he said that Brians Auto made rims for Symbolic and was an authorized manufacturer. I said ok, when can I pick them up and he said .....(you guessed it) by the end of next week.

So that next friday i showed up and he had both of the rims. We measured them both and guess what, they were 20x9.5. Frustrated I told him to just give me the rims and that I would handle it my self. I still owed them $1200 but we agreed that I could pay that later. I then went to the LA Auto Show where I met up with a rep from Wheel Warehouse. I told him my story and he told me to take them to Symbolic my self. I told him that I did not have the money to ship all of the rims and he said that they to were located in Garden Grove. They were owned by a company called Hyper Industries. I called Jeff at Hyper Industries and told him my story and he said that Brians Auto is in no way affiliated with Hyper Industries or do they build authinticated Symbolic Rims. He then told me to bring the 1 of the 20x9.5's over to his store. When I got there he asked if he could keep the rim over the weekend and that he would return it to me on Monday. I told him ok. I returned that Monday and to my suprise there was a lwayer with a digital camera taking pictures of the rim from all angles. He then asked for a copy of my sales recipt. I gave him one. He then proceeded to tell me that there is a huge lawsuit in the works coming against Brians Auto and that this was major proof that they had been looking for all along. They then stated that if i would have mounetd these on my car that within 1-2 weeks the rims probably would have split in half due to the fake rivits and shadey design. He then proceeded to offer me a great deal on some original symbolic rims for the $3000 I had originally put down on the fakes. I told him that I had already bought some more from Superautobacs. Jeff then shook my hand and told me that I may be hearing from him in the future about the situation.

When I went back to HW Motorsport and told them my story they gave me a full refund with no questions asked. I then gave them Jeff's card at Hyper Industries. They told me that they did not need to call him and dotn really want to speak to him. I then concluded by thier actions that HW and Brians Auto were in colusion with the whole bit. The moral of the story is..........STAY AWAY FROM HW MOTORSPORT AND BRIANS AUTO......