Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Rota upset by counterfeit knock offs

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 AM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
I actually did, SSR Schumachers for my Civic late senior year then Trust/Greddy sohc vtec turbo kit. lol
True dat.... I remember ordering a Tanabe exhaust when the brand had just hit the states for my 95 Turbo Eclipse in 1995. Had to overnight it from Japon... It was a mere $1050 ...
Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 AM
CptWiggles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdmlove1
i dont wanna see someone with a CE28n only paid 1500 and i paid 4K. and both called authentic. and nobody except me will know the difference between the 2.

ok, seen someone with Vars replicas, i can tell pple "Oh his wheels are replica" but seen someone with Authentic cast Volk! pple will say both authentic.

its better that Volk keep only producing Forged wheels, this is what make them unique. and what make their identity fancy.
Not to poke the bear more than it's already been poked, but why did no one get on this guys case for very clearly buying his authentic Volks to simply brag about it to others and not be content with his purchase of a quality product because someone else can get a visually similar looking product for a 1/4 the price. I mean if that's not snobbery/ elitist then I don't know what is.

Oh, and poke.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:54 AM
zfamous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol. I got into a debate with someone over Facebook. They posted about the Rota article and I was like, "Ummm, aren't you on XXR?" He kept insisting that it's a different type a replica. That it is better quality somehow. I just kept saying but you're still support replicas and hurting the industry. The big name companies are the ones who test each wheel before they go ahead and release it. Then some cheap no-name company comes along and just steals a design. All his friends kept siding with him, saying not everyone can afford expensive wheels.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:57 PM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by zfamous
... not everyone can afford expensive wheels.
Well, that's true. 3-4k wheels isn't in everyone's budget nor does it make sense all of the time. The issue isn't whether or not you're buying replicas. We buy replicas all the time in one form or another. We go aftermarket instead of the dealership. We download free music and movies. We grab "lite" versions of games out of app stores. I mean, it is what it is. It forces companies to make their extra product WORTH it. The issue is buying a replica and trying to pass it off as the real thing. I have friends with rep wheels whose cars still look like a bowl of bad@$$. And they don't try to pass them off as anything other than what they are. Even if we're all at a show and they get asked, they tell the truth about it. That's honorable and respectable and they shouldn't be penalized because of their budget. However, those with the fake stickers quickly willing to lie about their products are the ones that are doing this for the wrong reasons. And THOSE are the people hurting the industry. Not companies who make replica designs of expensive wheels.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:52 PM
RCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I laughed out loud when I read that article for the first time.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:35 PM
jduet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jimmies have been rustled up in here...