Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Luxury Abstract 3-Piece Fitment Issue: Am I screwed, or will flares be my savior

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 03:47 PM
ChrisNelson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Luxury Abstract 3-Piece Fitment Issue: Am I screwed, or will flares be my savior

I contracted Luxury Abstract to build me a set of their "Jungo" 3-Piece made in America wheels, and after over $5,000 and about 9 months of waiting they finally came in.

When talking with the owner of the company we decided to get the wheels built so they would be flush with the stock fenders so I wouldn't have to run a bunch of negative camber. In fact what I told the company rep as we were finishing up the order, to decide the fit was this:

"Like I said before I'm OK with rolling the fenders, and running a little extra camber to make them fit, but really I don't want to get too crazy with the stance to make it look like it's doing the splits in the rear."

This is the picture that I sent them, and said I want it to look like this:
Not my car, this was my reference as to what I wanted the wheels to fit like:

This is the stance that I told Luxury Abstract I was wanting to achieve.

Anyway, from their expertise they sold me:

4 Luxury Abstract Jungo Wheels:
19 X 9.5 -5 offset (Front) & 19 X 11 0 offset (Rear) with the brush face, polished windows & lips.
Polished with black logo center caps

Now, I mounted them on the car and lowered the suspension onto jack stands and this is what they look like!

My question is, did I get fukt? Or will I be able to pull these off somehow?
I really appreciate your help!
Old 01-02-2015, 04:10 PM
ocdz

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wheels themselves look cool. Seems to me those are really aggressive offsets though. Not to beat you while you're down but there is TONS of info on this site showing what offsets and wheel widths work well. Probably should have told them what sizes you wanted rather than having them guess.

I'd say unless you want to have your fenders aggressively massaged and pulled or add over fenders, those wheels aren't going to fit without some serious negative camber.

Have you tried jacking up an individual wheel to see how much clearance you really have? Vehicle looks like there is a fair amount of fender to wheel gap, at least more than my car has on the ground. The wheels do tuck up in the more the suspension compresses.

Tried to contact vendor to see about a less aggressive disk if true 3 piece wheels?
Old 01-02-2015, 05:20 PM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Yeah, those are hella flushed wheel specs. Only thing I can suggest is going wide body.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:24 PM
ChrisNelson

Originally Posted by slow03z
Wheels themselves look cool. Seems to me those are really aggressive offsets though. Not to beat you while you're down but there is TONS of info on this site showing what offsets and wheel widths work well. Probably should have told them what sizes you wanted rather than having them guess.

I'd say unless you want to have your fenders aggressively massaged and pulled or add over fenders, those wheels aren't going to fit without some serious negative camber.

Have you tried jacking up an individual wheel to see how much clearance you really have? Vehicle looks like there is a fair amount of fender to wheel gap, at least more than my car has on the ground. The wheels do tuck up in the more the suspension compresses.

Tried to contact vendor to see about a less aggressive disk if true 3 piece wheels?
Thanks for the input. I didn't want to go into much more detail about the buying process, but I went back and forth with the company for a couple weeks getting ideas, talking about what has worked for other people on here and getting their expertise input. It wasn't just their guess...

I pulled pictures from this forum where people talked about their wheel specs and showed the company what I was after, then we examined what tires were available for those particular wheel sizes and they made this size recommendation to achieve what I was after.

Tomorrow I'm going to try putting wood blocks under the wheels and putting the car on the ground to see if it looks any better.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:26 PM
ChrisNelson

Originally Posted by RUNWDVL
Yeah, those are hella flushed wheel specs. Only thing I can suggest is going wide body.
I will send the wheels back and have them modified again before it comes to that...

Also, here is a car that is running 19x9.5" up front with +0 offset, and 19x11" rears with +0 and it seems to look fine. The specs on this setup is so similar to mine, it makes me think they built my wheels wrong.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:32 PM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

My wheels are about the same width with +20ish offset and they sit very nicely without a rolled fender. My other set's about +12 and +15 and they will sit pretty flush depending on the tire set up I go with (most likely 255 and 285).
Seems like these guys thought you wanted to be a Hellaflush stance bro.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:53 PM
RUNWDVL

Are you wanting stretch?
Old 01-02-2015, 07:04 PM
ChrisNelson

Yea, tire stretch is just fine. I just don't want the bottoms of the wheels pointing at the sky...
Old 01-02-2015, 07:19 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Those aren't that aggressive the problem is your car is on jacks and not dropped with tires on yet. I've seen many of these threads pop up over the years for exact same reason.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:39 PM
ChrisNelson

Someone said I can put wood blocks under the wheels and lower it down that way. I'll try that tomorrow and get new pictures.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:00 PM
che69velle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have the same fittment I have, this is the result. I'd get some amuse superleggera rear add ons from the internet

http://www.bodykitsuperstore.com/nis...widebodyrd.jpg
Old 01-03-2015, 04:04 AM
415mm
Professional

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You should be able to fit those specs easily with a roll on the rear fenders and 0 camber. You just need to put on the right tire size to do it.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:27 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

Stretch tires will be fine w these. They really start to tuck as its lowered down btw.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:15 AM
ChrisNelson

So, today I took out the jack stands and sat the car on the ground, with my race ramps under each wheel. This is the result:

I don't see how putting tires on the car and lowering it will make the wheels stick out any less. So far I think it looks retarded.

I am going to send these pictures to the Luxury Abstract after I do some measurements to make sure they built the wheels right. It just seems off to me. Wondering if they screwed up the build specs.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:28 AM
RUNWDVL

I would use a jack under the wheel and get it to where your car would ideally sit. Your car won't have that much gap.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:22 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

I basically had the same specs:

19x9.5-5 w/ 235/35
19x10.5-7 w/ 255/35

I had Cusco camber arms up front but I didn't need them to run this setup. Natural camber with OEM arms will work fine.

Last edited by AdvanZ33; 01-03-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:25 PM
pgZETO

will gladly buy for half price to relieve you of this problem these will fit just fin with minimal camber. natural camber will have you sitting around -3.8 or so in rear and with a 235/40 tire those rears will be so on point. fronts about -2.5 with a 225/40 and your in business. beautiful z btw
Old 01-04-2015, 03:21 PM
RUNWDVL

40's on 19??? Are ya drunk?
Old 01-04-2015, 03:40 PM
mrfobbyaccent

Hey buddy it seems like your getting a lot of mixed answers, so hopefully my explanation will be a little clearer, if it's not then my apologizes lol

The most direct answer is the wheels will fit with no fender issues as long as they are rolled flat.

It just looks scary at the moment because it looks like your car is only lowered on springs or your coils are set very high so your natural camber is not enough to make the wheels tuck in more.

Once you get tires on those bad boys and set it down a tad more (like the picture you sent them), then it will be on point. Just make sure you get the right tire sizes which are:

245-35-19(rear) 225-35-19 (front)

trust the people on this board when it comes to fitment, people on here have pushed the limits of fitment and i'll tell you now your specs are nothing to be scared about!

P.S. I know your feeling really anxious and scared because it looks crazy but after you do what is stated above you will have an extremely big smile on your face lol.

HAPPY MODDING! and that looks like a great way to start of your new year!
Old 01-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Chris, since you don’t have tires on the rims it would be simple and easy to measure them to see what the actual offset is. Maybe they built them to a different spec than specified. Use the Google machine to see little children and even women demonstrating how to accomplish the measurement.

Please, can there be anything more stupid than radically stretched tires on a sports car? PaZeto really, you thing a 235 tire on an 11 inch rim is a good idea? I don’t mean to be flippant and I’m open to being corrected, but it seems every tire expert and every tire manufacture provides a whole host of reasons why to avoid this crazy fad.

Quick Reply: Luxury Abstract 3-Piece Fitment Issue: Am I screwed, or will flares be my savior