Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Konig Imagine, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 08:42 AM
jel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How much?

Originally posted by dbsinc
If you don't mind me asking how much were the wheels and tires?
Hi DBsinc,
The wheels were about $950 for the set and the tires were $175 each. All these were delivered to the local shop here in Resada , CA. There were no shipping charges.
These wheels were actually my 2nd choice, but I had been waiting 2+ months for the ADR factory to come up with some M-sports- I got impatient. I do actually like the Konigs better overall, as they have more "character" with the rivets and the more intricate spokes.
I just called Konig this morning to verify what actually does fit, and I was told they would fit on the Touring model w/manual transmission. I hope the person that looked this up did it correctly, since another enthusiast- ChrisMCagle had also called and was told it didn't fit. Talk about confusing! I know for sure on Saturday as they will try to put them on. I'll keep you posted.
John
Old 07-01-2004, 09:15 AM
jel

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: another view

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
That's cool. I am really anxious to hear how it turns out. Also, what size wheels and tires are you going to try?

Well, kinda. Check out my site for the info www.350ZFreak.com

-Chris
Hi Chris,
The nittos are 245/45/18, I believe. After reading one of your emails, I decided to call Konig- I didn't want to try to mount a wheel that just won't fit. The person I talked to said it would fit- I told them which model (touring w/manual trans). I hope they looked it up correctly!
We will know on Saturday when I try to get them put on!
Did you get the sound kit with your shift indicator LED?
John
Old 07-01-2004, 09:18 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Re: How much?

Originally posted by jel
I just called Konig this morning to verify what actually does fit, and I was told they would fit on the Touring model w/manual transmission. I hope the person that looked this up did it correctly, since another enthusiast- ChrisMCagle had also called and was told it didn't fit. Talk about confusing! I know for sure on Saturday as they will try to put them on. I'll keep you posted.
John
Yeah, I'm REALLY interested to hear how they work. I wish I had gotten the name of the person at Konig I spoke to, but he said that the only 350Z that the imagine's wouldn't work on was the touring edition due to the offsets of the wheels and the different sizes. I was under the impression that all Z's had larger rear wheels than front wheels? Who knows? They may have been thinking about the Track model since the Brembo brekes would be bigger and provide less space?

I guess we'll just have to wait till you get yours done and then you can dispell any of the rumors.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:23 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: another view

Originally posted by jel
Hi Chris,
The nittos are 245/45/18, I believe. After reading one of your emails, I decided to call Konig- I didn't want to try to mount a wheel that just won't fit. The person I talked to said it would fit- I told them which model (touring w/manual trans). I hope they looked it up correctly!
We will know on Saturday when I try to get them put on!
Did you get the sound kit with your shift indicator LED?
John
245/45/18's seem a bit big to me. For the rear that's good, but I think you need like a 225/40/18 for the front, don't you?

Hehehehe... I the one who makes the shift light kits.
I don't have the Alarm on mine, but there were a bunch of people who requested it, so I added that feature.

-Chris
Old 07-03-2004, 11:21 AM
jel

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: another view

Originally posted by ChrisMCagle
245/45/18's seem a bit big to me. For the rear that's good, but I think you need like a 225/40/18 for the front, don't you?

Hehehehe... I the one who makes the shift light kits.
I don't have the Alarm on mine, but there were a bunch of people who requested it, so I added that feature.

-Chris
Hi Chris,
I just had the wheels and tires put on. It went pretty flawless. The TPM's are really small and light. They went in without a hitch, and work perfectly. They had to remive the front wheel pins (so you can put the rear wheels on the front). The wheels went on, no rubs, but as you noticed the front tires are slightly wider. This didn't appear to cause any rubs (so far). I'll try some "rougher" turns with some speed bumps etc and let you know if there are any problems. I took some pixs of everything. This first pix is of the TPM as it mounts to the rim.
About the front wheel size- The original package I picked up was from a track model attempt (it didn't work), but the slightly wider front wheels give a nice looking stance to the car. This reminds me of an "old school" look, where a wider look was preferred. If I had to do it over again, I probably would use the original tire size, as the ability to rotate is still NOT an option with the TPMs.
John
Old 07-03-2004, 12:23 PM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: another view

Originally posted by jel
Hi Chris,
I just had the wheels and tires put on. It went pretty flawless. The TPM's are really small and light. They went in without a hitch, and work perfectly. They had to remive the front wheel pins (so you can put the rear wheels on the front). The wheels went on, no rubs, but as you noticed the front tires are slightly wider. This didn't appear to cause any rubs (so far). I'll try some "rougher" turns with some speed bumps etc and let you know if there are any problems. I took some pixs of everything. This first pix is of the TPM as it mounts to the rim.
About the front wheel size- The original package I picked up was from a track model attempt (it didn't work), but the slightly wider front wheels give a nice looking stance to the car. This reminds me of an "old school" look, where a wider look was preferred. If I had to do it over again, I probably would use the original tire size, as the ability to rotate is still NOT an option with the TPMs.
John
RIGHT ON!! That is great news. I am anxious to see the pictures. Definitely let me/us know if there are any problems with rubbing or anything. If not, I think that I may have to pick up a set.

-Chris