Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

question for those who have lowered their z's???

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 07:14 AM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for those who have lowered their z's???

i will be installing adjustable coilovers and i am looking to find out if i should lower my car or leave it at the stock height?

what do you guys think that have lowered your z from stock and how did it affect your handling, and driveablility?

i want a streetable setup/daily driver with occasional tracking. thanks all...peace out
Old 04-23-2004, 07:52 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats up Roady! Definitely lower your car! It makes a big difference in the handling of the car for sure. The turns are much tighter after the drop.

With your adjustable coilovers, you will be able to change your damper settings to make the ride more comfortable if it is too harsh. Are you going to be rolling on the stock tires? Im lowered about 1.5 inches or so and under normal driving the suspension feels like stock.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:08 AM
Road Warrior

Originally posted by ___DJK___
Whats up Roady! Definitely lower your car! It makes a big difference in the handling of the car for sure. The turns are much tighter after the drop.

With your adjustable coilovers, you will be able to change your damper settings to make the ride more comfortable if it is too harsh. Are you going to be rolling on the stock tires? Im lowered about 1.5 inches or so and under normal driving the suspension feels like stock.
djk, hey wassup man!!...yes, i will be rolling on stock rims and tires for a while....at least until i wear out stock rubber.

how you likin your setup now that its been awhile??

thanks for the info...out
Old 04-23-2004, 09:07 AM
SuperRobin

I have just had Tein Flex coilovers installed and I am finding the ride too be on the harsh side. It seems that the mechanic set it up that way - I cannot see anything in the destruction that came with the kit on how to adjust these "adjustable" items - any ideas?

The result of the installation is a lower car for sure, more at the rear than the front... a definate improvement
Old 04-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Road Warrior

your coilovers should have come with special wrenches to adjust the height (you should have discussed this before install and therefore i am assuming no adjustment needed here) and then on top of the dampner itself should be a dial to adjust softness/harshness. count the clicks to be sure each side is the same and if you need to go back to origninal settings. you should take it back and have them readjust to your liking.....seems like that would be a freebee adjustment. i would recommend calling Tein and asking a tech to help you out on that one if you are still unsure....hope that helps

those are great coilovers btw...had them on my rsx...enjoy!
Old 04-23-2004, 09:38 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Road Warrior
how you likin your setup now that its been awhile??

No complaints whatsoever! If I had to do it all over again, I would get the same thing!
Old 04-24-2004, 05:05 AM
SuperRobin

Thanks for the info Road Warrior.
I agree that the shop who did the install would normally be the first place for advise... but I wasn't especially impressed with their tech knowledge... they didn't perform a 4 wheel alignment, and didn't seem in a hurry to mention it until I pressed them for info about the installation and adjustment etc.
Just the drawbacks of living in 1970s area of Canada.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:22 AM
Road Warrior

if you don't like your current setup and you don't want to go back you will probably have to do some experimenting with the adjustments to get the car dialed in the way you want it.... ....here is some technical info i found on tein's website tein link has pics and manuals that include recommended settings...should get you in the ballpark...good luck with it